Windsor Hills vs Windsor Palms

You have been a big help. Thanks. I think we will end up at WP townhomes. The HOA at PP is just too much more...$200. We like PP and WP over WH because they both have the poolside tiki bars. I like the newness and updates and 4th BR at PP. But it is a few minutes longer drive to Disney and that HOA fee is a lot. But we don't want to redo bathrooms or kitchen or AC plus pool heater too. Many of the Windsor (both) units need all that. A lot to consider. Did you close on yours or waiting to close?

We close in early Feb.

Our house has a brand new AC so that was a big selling point.

I loved the 4 bedroom PP TH. They are sparkly and pretty and I really wish WH had a poolside bar. They do sell alcohol in the WH sundry shop but it is not the same as sitting at the bar.

We close in early Feb.

Our house has a brand new AC so that was a big selling point.

I loved the 4 bedroom PP TH. They are sparkly and pretty and I really wish WH had a poolside bar. They do sell alcohol in the WH sundry shop but it is not the same as sitting at the bar.
Just had offer accepted on a Windsor Hills townhome without even seeing it. It is the one with the minions bedroom and blue kitchen. Long story on how we got to buying in WH sight unseen (originally was planning PP and made an offer on one we did tour there but was outbid). But our good friends also just had an offer accepted at WH (a unit closer to main pool with Mickey star wars room).

You should be closing around now. Very exciting. We have inspection on Tue and am worried....all original stuff (HVAC, appliances and pool equipment and the such). One pending offer already fell through on this unit...back in Dec. So I am worried about inspection.

Just had offer accepted on a Windsor Hills townhome without even seeing it. It is the one with the minions bedroom and blue kitchen. Long story on how we got to buying in WH sight unseen (originally was planning PP and made an offer on one we did tour there but was outbid). But our good friends also just had an offer accepted at WH (a unit closer to main pool with Mickey star wars room).

You should be closing around now. Very exciting. We have inspection on Tue and am worried....all original stuff (HVAC, appliances and pool equipment and the such). One pending offer already fell through on this unit...back in Dec. So I am worried about inspection.

Hi, its me... from our FB chat last night :wave2: This small world thing is really cracking me up.

To fill everyone else in, lovn'fl and I kinda "met" last night on FB and discovered that we both had offers on the same house but, even though we currently live in different states, we actually grew up only a few miles apart.

I did love the minion house and I think you will too. Like I told you last night, I never got to inspect it and could risk waiting for it to be empty.

I think that in the end, we are all going to end up in the houses we are supposed to be in. I think that other deals fell through when they did for a reason.

Small world! I was wondering if that was you (China Mom ). And funny we had wrote off Windsor Hills and here we are buying there. I tried to chat with Paradise Palms people and got nowhere. But with WH, everyone has been responsive. It was very nice chatting with you and helpful too. Called me realtor about the inspection and getting them to block rentals.

They shut off rentals today, yay. So we can get the inspection in next week. I wonder if they will cancel the ones booked after we close. The day after and most of the following 2 weeks (including Easter) was rented. And we want to stay then. I need to call their property management people and see how all that works. And get info in case we ever decide to rent.

I wonder if they will cancel the ones booked after we close. The day after and most of the following 2 weeks (including Easter) was rented. And we want to stay then. I need to call their property management people and see how all that works. And get info in case we ever decide to rent.

So my understanding with short term rentals is that the management company "owns" the booking. If you want to keep the rentals, you need to keep the management company but you can change later after the bookings you have are done. (That's how it was with my Ocean City condo)

If you choose to make it a second home and not rent, then the management company would re-book the guests in other houses.

If you want to block out some dates now before you own, I would book them as if you were a guest (explaining to the management company so you don't have to pay fees). If the sale falls through, you can either stay there as a paying customer or cancel in adherence to the cancellation guidelines.

When the sale goes through, it would be treated as an owner hold.

So our WH contract fell through. It appraised for 9K less than we were paying.

Anyone know anything about Encantada?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!