Wine and Dine 2015

@Keels NYC half runs near my house and the NYC full is near my sister in laws. If you make one or the other let me know! I'll come cheer for you!

Yup! Just one or the other. I've missed on Neptune twice this year (the first time NOT by my fault, the second time is totally on me).

I'm shooting for Saturn in February/March ... 4 Half Marathons in 4 different US states, Countries or Canadian Provinces (any combination) 51 days.
I've got Princess (Florida, February), Cowtown (Texas, February), NYC (New York, March). It sucks that Cowtown and NOLA are the same dang weekend. Grr.

Crap, if I added one, I could totally do Saturn. *sigh* I really have to slow down- I'm too much of a newbie to be trying to do 4 halves in less than 2 months. lmao

I'll put in for the lottery, but after Dopey if I decide the full distance isn't absolutely GD miserable, I'll fundraise in if I don't get a lottery spot.

I'm fundraising into the half in March and I'm super excited about that one!!

Ooh...you're doing NYC half? I'm on the fence about whether to try to get into that one. Hubby has given his blessing, but for me it will mean getting a room in the city for the night before (I'm local but still don't want to deal with logistics of getting into the city in the early am) plus the annoyance of doing a lot of treadmill training (especially if this winter is anything like the last two--fingers crossed for a warm winter). Now that I "know" someone else doing it I might take the plunge.

Ooh...you're doing NYC half? I'm on the fence about whether to try to get into that one. Hubby has given his blessing, but for me it will mean getting a room in the city for the night before (I'm local but still don't want to deal with logistics of getting into the city in the early am) plus the annoyance of doing a lot of treadmill training (especially if this winter is anything like the last two--fingers crossed for a warm winter). Now that I "know" someone else doing it I might take the plunge.

Yup! I'm in via fundraising with Team for Kids, actually just paid my race registration today. I really just love the course and because of rD, my Mom and I didn't get a fall trip to NYC this year to see some shows, so it's going to be an early birthday present for me. :)

I have a room at the Lexington on hold (my favorite!), but I'll probably end up moving to a hotel closer to the start line, but we'll see.

I could be in for Vegas if I don't to the NYC Full next year.
I'm going to try to get into the NYC full next year too. Vegas looked like a lot of fun, even with some apparent weather issues. Definitely on my (ever-growing) wish list.

I'm going to try to get into the NYC full next year too. Vegas looked like a lot of fun, even with some apparent weather issues. Definitely on my (ever-growing) wish list.

That makes quite a few of us trying for the NYC full in 2016! How awesome!

So as I mentioned a couple pages back when others were discussing it, I'm starting to look into options for a local half marathon sometime in the spring or early summer to register for. There's one nearby that I came across that has a 10K + half challenge just like Disney that I keep thinking about. I keep telling myself I'm crazy though, because the 10K is at night the night before the morning half marathon. I think it would be fun but I'm not sure I'd be ready for that quick turnaround.

Yup! I'm in via fundraising with Team for Kids, actually just paid my race registration today. I really just love the course and because of rD, my Mom and I didn't get a fall trip to NYC this year to see some shows, so it's going to be an early birthday present for me. :)

I have a room at the Lexington on hold (my favorite!), but I'll probably end up moving to a hotel closer to the start line, but we'll see.

Get Hamilton tickets if you haven't already. Totally worth every penny.

Get Hamilton tickets if you haven't already. Totally worth every penny.

Oh, trust me. That's happening. I saw it pre-Broadway (back even before Brian d'Arcy James left for "Something Rotten"). It's one of the best musicals I've seen (and I've seen a lot ...), in many, many seasons!

Oh, trust me. That's happening. I saw it pre-Broadway (back even before Brian d'Arcy James left for "Something Rotten"). It's one of the best musicals I've seen (and I've seen a lot ...), in many, many seasons!

We saw it then too. Just got an email about the half and it is the day before my 28th birthday. Darn it for swearing off anything over a 10K until after the wedding.

So jealous of the NYC talk! Though I plan on doing at least two B.A.A races next year (fingers crossed). I'm also starting to look at more and more races out of state and mentally planning mini vacations. If I didn't live in the north east 2016 would be a year where I did a race monthly, which is an idea inspired by @Keels, so I think that'll be the 2017 goal. It's enough time to plan and save to go out of state for some of the months that are more snowy. I still think the half I'm doing at the end of Feb is a huge gamble with the weather. So all fingers and toes crossed for that one.

And I've finally put my Wine and Dine wine glass to good use, and filled it up!

Well, I bit the bullet and registered for the NYC Half entry drawing. So, we'll see what happens. If I don't get in, I'll probably sign up for the Sleepy Hollow Half that is happening the following weekend. I had planned to mostly take the winter easy to focus on weight training and not run any races beyond a 5k until at least May, but I think the shortened Wine & Dine just left me unsatisfied. I pretty much started looking for a local half to run as soon as I got home from Disney.

Well, RunDisney called me finally. I sent them an email about a week ago. In my email I had said listen I'm a lawyer I get that we signed waivers - so he said he'd skip that part. lol. But I did ask if they would offer any advance registration, or gift card, or something. He said his superiors decided they would not offer anything. They basically - as suspected - said that's unfortunate but oh well.

I thanked him for calling and told him to pass something along to those superiors. Poor guy - I made sure to say that I understand he didnt make this decision but...and just dug into RD. For all of the reasons we have already mentioned here. I made sure to point out how hard it was just to get into this race with the servers crashing, how it has rained two years in a row, how communication was poor. I even explained that we didn't feel RD was listening or appreciated us very much and how I felt the email was more to back up their decision rather than to offer us any condolences. And how RD seemed to be getting more complicated trying to get into races, and that they weren't offering any form of discount for Dark Side weekend rooms and was that a sign to come?

So, I ended up getting 3 extra FP+ for my Marathon Weekend trip. I guess there is that. lol.

RawThreads has bamboo shirts, so yes, they are soft, but I'm not sure it's the same company you're thinking of. They have shirts themes for princesses, villains, superheroes, holidays, and some more generic ones. They are pretty pricey, so I can't blame you if you have changed your mind a few times.
They're doing a pre-black Friday 35% off sale, if that makes any difference.

So bummed. I somehow hurt my other Achilles. :( My 6.5 miler today turned into a 2.75 miler. It was a little sore when I started then at about 2.5 I was limping! I have a half in 3 weeks. Hoping if I follow the same recovery plan that I did earlier this year (thanks @orangejeepgirl!) that I will be able to still run it. Well more like walk most of it with a little running. Currently have it elevated, on ice. :crutches: :(:(:(:(

So bummed. I somehow hurt my other Achilles. :( My 6.5 miler today turned into a 2.75 miler. It was a little sore when I started then at about 2.5 I was limping! I have a half in 3 weeks. Hoping if I follow the same recovery plan that I did earlier this year (thanks @orangejeepgirl!) that I will be able to still run it. Well more like walk most of it with a little running. Currently have it elevated, on ice. :crutches: :(:(:(:(
Please share! I did 5.5 miles yesterday and my left Achilles is tender today. I've been icing this afternoon. What else do you suggest?

Please share! I did 5.5 miles yesterday and my left Achilles is tender today. I've been icing this afternoon. What else do you suggest?

I keep trying to copy paste the YouTube video on self massage but it won't work. Mostly RICE, and taking it easy. My own advice? Don't run on it if it's tender. That's what I did and now I can hardly walk. So not worth it to get in a training run! She also gave me a link to a stretching/exercise plan for when it starts feeling better. I will try to post it. I'm sorry you are having pain too. It's no fun at all. Hope you feel better soon!

ETA: http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/oxsport/information/documents/leaflet_achilles_a5.pdf

I keep trying to copy paste the YouTube video on self massage but it won't work. Mostly RICE, and taking it easy. My own advice? Don't run on it if it's tender. That's what I did and now I can hardly walk. So not worth it to get in a training run! She also gave me a link to a stretching/exercise plan for when it starts feeling better. I will try to post it. I'm sorry you are having pain too. It's no fun at all. Hope you feel better soon!

ETA: http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/oxsport/information/documents/leaflet_achilles_a5.pdf

Thanks! I'll check that out. Take care of yourself too! We've got Princess in less than 3 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter