Wine and Dine 2015

Hi! The jingle jungle 5k will be my first ever run and I'm very excited. I have a couple questions im hoping someone can answer for me.
We will be staying at Pop century, will there be busses that can take me to the expo? Also do I need to bring my conformation email when I go to the expo?
I will be running alone. Will there be cast members who can take pictures of you with the characters?
My family is coming to animal kingdom to see me at the end of my race. Will there be buses that can take us to the kid races? Or would we be better taking a taxi?
Thanks so much! I hope this is a okay place to post this. Hoping next year I'll be ready to run wine and dine.
I hope it went well, I'm planning the wine and dine now, for my first 1/2 :) I've only run 1 5k and 1 10k ever, so I'm hoping to train this year...

Christine and I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. We both learned a lot, and hope that we were able to share some helpful things. This was a wonderful and inspirational group.

DW is still nursing a knee injury that has returned, and I am recovering from a potential abdominal strain/tear that happened prior to W&D 2015. But progress is being made, and we are both going to take swimming lessons, to give ourselves some exercise alternatives. We are starting to make our 2016 race plans, with a goal of returning to W&D again this November.

Best wishes to all our W&D friends who are participating in this weekend's WDW marathon events.

I've successfully used my w&d half of a half finish time to register and get placed in early corals at non disney races , do you think-, or has anyone used their time from the 2015 w&d for some disney races? Do they know it wasn't a full half? The other local runs and hot chocolate races didn't

I've successfully used my w&d half of a half finish time to register and get placed in early corals at non disney races , do you think-, or has anyone used their time from the 2015 w&d for some disney races? Do they know it wasn't a full half? The other local runs and hot chocolate races didn't

Well, seeing as the Race Results page on the RunDisney site mentions the course was altered, I'm pretty sure Disney knows it wasn't a half marathon. But please report back if you use it for PoT for other races and it works out for you!

Anyone who uses the half of a half time and lies and says its from a full half marathon would then be placed with people who are literally twice as fast as they are. Seems sort of unsafe for the person who is using the half of a half time (surrounded by way faster people) and annoying for everyone else in the corral.

There are enough complaints about corralling as it is...if runDisney allows people to use times from this race I would hope they would adjust them somehow.

Last edited:
Anyone who uses the half of a half time and lies and says its from a full half marathon would then be placed with people who are literally twice as fast as they are. Seems sort of unsafe for the person who is using the half of a half time (surrounded by way faster people) and annoying for everyone else in the corral.

There are enough complaints about corralling as it is...if runDisney allows people to use times from this race I would hope they would adjust them somehow.

Although in theory I agree- I would also have to point out that if the person was trained well for it; they may have had a faster pace at W&D simply because it was a shorter race. I know many around me were saying they were going to kick it up a notch to their 10k pace vs their half marathon pace. But totally, I get where you're coming from. Corral placement is touchy subject everywhere.

Although in theory I agree- I would also have to point out that if the person was trained well for it; they may have had a faster pace at W&D simply because it was a shorter race. I know many around me were saying they were going to kick it up a notch to their 10k pace vs their half marathon pace. But totally, I get where you're coming from. Corral placement is touchy subject everywhere.
I get what you're saying, but I'm talking about people who are taking their time from a 6.whatever-mile run and entering it into Disney's system and saying that this time was for a 13.1-mile run. It's dishonest and will mess up corral placement, but I think Disney could figure out a way to make some sort of adjustment with these times so that people can still use them...but be honest about the distance that they actually did cover that night.

So what should that person enter as the choice for race distance? I think the official distance is over a 10k, and less than a 12k or half. Myself, I just haven't been using the time. But what would they choose?

So what should that person enter as the choice for race distance? I think the official distance is over a 10k, and less than a 12k or half. Myself, I just haven't been using the time. But what would they choose?

I think you have it right. The time from that race should not be used. Proof of time from an officially timed race is required. To my understanding (although not explicitly stated on the RD website), there are two components to that. First, the race must be officially (chip) timed. Second, the race distance must be certified (although there may be exceptions in some limited cases). In this case, the race was chip timed, but the distance was not certified. There have been varying estimates of the race distance, but nothing has ever been officially measured (nor will it be). I don't think this is an appropriate race to use for a proof of time under any circumstances.

I think you have it right. The time from that race should not be used. Proof of time from an officially timed race is required. To my understanding (although not explicitly stated on the RD website), there are two components to that. First, the race must be officially (chip) timed. Second, the race distance must be certified (although there may be exceptions in some limited cases). In this case, the race was chip timed, but the distance was not certified. There have been varying estimates of the race distance, but nothing has ever been officially measured (nor will it be). I don't think this is an appropriate race to use for a proof of time under any circumstances.

You said what I was trying to politely get at a lot better than I did. I'm not using the time. But others are. It's a big can of worms. They can't chose half because it wasn't. But they certainly can't chose anything else because it wasn't those choices either. I guess if it's for a Disney race, Disney will know what to do with it- but even then- I don't trust that. So I'm just not using it.

I would have to look through my emails, but I swear runDisney mentioned they would accept the Half 'n Half as a 10K POT for other runDisney events. I think the original results listed the distance as 6.7 miles. If you check the results page now, they have it listed as a 'Race' and no where do the results state it was a Half Marathon or even have an official distance. I would guess no other major race would accept the result for a Proof of Time.

I would have to look through my emails, but I swear runDisney mentioned they would accept the Half 'n Half as a 10K POT for other runDisney events. I think the original results listed the distance as 6.7 miles. If you check the results page now, they have it listed as a 'Race' and no where do the results state it was a Half Marathon or even have an official distance. I would guess no other major race would accept the result for a Proof of Time.

I got that same email. So if you try to submit POT based on the wine and dine half, it will count as a 10K.

I have a question and I kind of unique situation. I am a pretty OK runner, always have been, and with minimal training. My average half time is usually between 1:38-1:40. I also work as a professional travel blogger. for the past 2 years I have been traveling and working in South America. I am also Canadian and so we don't have winter time races and I usually arrive back here end of July and August. Because of this I haven't ran a proper race since 2013. During my training runs I run a 5km in about 21 minutes and a 10km in about 45min. Last year I ran the half a half. I was frustrated with the situation so I decided to take as many pics as possible. In the end I ran it in 56mins for the 6.7 km (which they are counting as a 10km). I don't know what to do. Should I have submitted my 2013 time as 2014 and hope they don't check and they would use my 1.40 as a grouping? which is my estimated time of finishing. or is honesty the best policy and I suck up a slow time.and hope for the best? For someone who is estimating a finish time in the 1.30's it can be incredibly frustrating to be misplaced in a corral. If they did check and see my time was from 2013 and put me in the last corral id be so deco. opinions anyone?

I have a question and I kind of unique situation. I am a pretty OK runner, always have been, and with minimal training. My average half time is usually between 1:38-1:40. I also work as a professional travel blogger. for the past 2 years I have been traveling and working in South America. I am also Canadian and so we don't have winter time races and I usually arrive back here end of July and August. Because of this I haven't ran a proper race since 2013. During my training runs I run a 5km in about 21 minutes and a 10km in about 45min. Last year I ran the half a half. I was frustrated with the situation so I decided to take as many pics as possible. In the end I ran it in 56mins for the 6.7 km (which they are counting as a 10km). I don't know what to do. Should I have submitted my 2013 time as 2014 and hope they don't check and they would use my 1.40 as a grouping? which is my estimated time of finishing. or is honesty the best policy and I suck up a slow time.and hope for the best? For someone who is estimating a finish time in the 1.30's it can be incredibly frustrating to be misplaced in a corral. If they did check and see my time was from 2013 and put me in the last corral id be so deco. opinions anyone?
First off a 1:30 half is anything but slow....so no need to worry you will be in the first coral. Even at 1:40 your "slow" time you will be more then fine. In my dreams I run a 1:40 half. Hell I dream of a 2:40 half.......***just realized you asked your question on the 2015 thread not the 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter