Wine and Dine 2019 - predicted dates?

stal

DIS Veteran
Does anyone want to take an educated guess as to what 2019's Wine and Dine weekend dates will be?

Thanks!!!

So, Thursday 31st October - Sunday 3rd November or Thursday 7th - Sunday 10th November? The first weekend, the first race will be in November, but the expo will start in October!

So, Thursday 31st October - Sunday 3rd November or Thursday 7th - Sunday 10th November? The first weekend, the first race will be in November, but the expo will start in October!

7th through 10th is my guess.

I want to know so bad! Having to wait another 5ish months is killing me haha. I want to book our vacation noooow. :) I hope it is the first weekend (1st-3rd)!

I’m hoping for the first weekend too. Wishful thinking but I’m dreaming of a weeks vacation pre Halloween and capping it off with the Wine & Dine Run. The last time Halloween fell on a Thursday (2013) the run was held the second weekend. I emailed runDisney hoping to get a hint since I’d like to make resort reservations soon. The reply was that the “series has not been announced” and an invite to follow runDisney on Facebook & Twitter & sign up for email reminders on runDisney.com.

I did some research on this because I'm trying to avoid that weekend and the crowds, and I'm guessing it'll be November 8-10, and then Veteran's Day falls on that Monday (always on the 11th). Those were the dates in 2013, the last time that the days of the week line up the same way they do in 2019.

I’m hoping for the first weekend too. Wishful thinking but I’m dreaming of a weeks vacation pre Halloween and capping it off with the Wine & Dine Run. The last time Halloween fell on a Thursday (2013) the run was held the second weekend. I emailed runDisney hoping to get a hint since I’d like to make resort reservations soon. The reply was that the “series has not been announced” and an invite to follow runDisney on Facebook & Twitter & sign up for email reminders on runDisney.com.

I did some research on this because I'm trying to avoid that weekend and the crowds, and I'm guessing it'll be November 8-10, and then Veteran's Day falls on that Monday (always on the 11th). Those were the dates in 2013, the last time that the days of the week line up the same way they do in 2019.

Ahhh! :( I had convinced myself that it would be Nov 1-3 because that is TECHNICALLY the first weekend in November. But now as you both have said regarding Nov 2013, it was the second weekend. Fingers crossed they just do something unpredictable and make it the 1-3 weekend. :P @AliceAnn we can keep dreaming right?! Too bad runDisney would not give you any hints.

Well I went back through all the dates and nothing really adds up to a pattern. It started as an October race in 2010 and 2016 was the first year it was the 1st weekend of November. 2012-2014 it was the Veterans Day weekend. Then 2015 the first full weekend was the 6-8 as it was. And 2016 they made it the morning race and added in the 10k so since then it’s been the first weekend of Nov. So in other words - I don’t know what they will do! Did making it a full race weekend prompt them to move it to the first weekend in Nov. vs Veterans Day weekend?

I realize I’m just spewing out old information but for the sake of my patience, this reply is acting as a good sounding board.

Any thoughts? Ha Ha.

Didn’t they change it to a November race back then because they made Tower of Terror the October race? Which doesn’t matter any more since TOT race is no more.

Ahhh! :( I had convinced myself that it would be Nov 1-3 because that is TECHNICALLY the first weekend in November. But now as you both have said regarding Nov 2013, it was the second weekend. Fingers crossed they just do something unpredictable and make it the 1-3 weekend. :P @AliceAnn we can keep dreaming right?! Too bad runDisney would not give you any hints.
Right! But then I can’t blame them for not giving it up since I suppose I would have gone and blabbed it on the disboards.

Also as I was telling a coworker today who wants to do the race next year the fact that galaxies edge east is poised to open fall 2019 who knows if they will announce as it gets closer to November that this race will end or go on a year hiatus

Also as I was telling a coworker today who wants to do the race next year the fact that galaxies edge east is poised to open fall 2019 who knows if they will announce as it gets closer to November that this race will end or go on a year hiatus
Why would Galaxies Edge cause Wine & Dine to end or go on hiatus? I'm planning on doing it again in 2019 myself.

Why would Galaxies Edge cause Wine & Dine to end or go on hiatus? I'm planning on doing it again in 2019 myself.

I agree - I don't think that it would cause the race to go on hiatus. Not that I am an expert at runDisney or Disney - but it seems that it would be a loss of $$ for runDisney, and a gamble on that Galaxies Edge would affect it/even be open for around that time. I imagine they won't really have an understanding of actual opening date until a few months out, and by then race registration would have come and pass. I mean I guess aside from crowd control, I am not sure how Galaxy Edge would have an impact on the race anyway. Maybe I am missing something? All that being said, who knows! Counting down the days until we find out haha.

That was my logic for thinking of a possible hiatus....

For sure. I think that its a valid reason if Galaxies Edge opens up at that time or right before. I just don't know if Disney would know that in time for runDisney to make that decision if that makes sense. It would be risky to cancel the run, lose that money and then not have Galaxies Edge end up opening for a few weeks, which would mean the race could have gone on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!