Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Well it all happened so fast this weekend but I’m in for the race weekend. I was talking to my sister in law who ran it years ago. It was still at night and it was the year that it rained the whole time. Next thing you know, she is going to run the half with me and we are going to stay to at Art of Animation!

Sorry if someone has asked this already, but how fast does this race really sell out? I will be working that day and want to be sure how soon after it opens I have to be on. Thanks!

Sorry if someone has asked this already, but how fast does this race really sell out? I will be working that day and want to be sure how soon after it opens I have to be on. Thanks!

When it was a night race, really quickly .... minutes. Since it transitioned to a day race, not that fast.

The 5K and 10k will go first, then the challenge .... the half probably won’t sell out.

Now watch them all sell out on Day 1.

(But I doubt it)

I'm sure this is somewhere posted a million different times, but I don't want to search for it, so sorry for my likely stupid question...

Where does one go to register for the early AP registration? :)

I'm sure this is somewhere posted a million different times, but I don't want to search for it, so sorry for my likely stupid question...

Where does one go to register for the early AP registration? :)
So glad you asked! There used to be a link for Annual Passholders on the My Disney Experience tab, but I just looked and it was gone!!!
So I searched for Annual Passholders and the page is still there, it just isn't linked to my MDE anymore.

Once you find the page, look under Passholder Benefits and Discounts and you will find the "Register early for runDisney races."

ETA The link is still at the bottom of the MDE page!

So glad you asked! There used to be a link for Annual Passholders on the My Disney Experience tab, but I just looked and it was gone!!!
So I searched for Annual Passholders and the page is still there, it just isn't linked to my MDE anymore.

Once you find the page, look under Passholder Benefits and Discounts and you will find the "Register early for runDisney races."

ETA The link is still at the bottom of the MDE page!

Found it! They've got it kinda buried in there don't they? Thank you!

Found it! They've got it kinda buried in there don't they? Thank you!

I am glad you asked, because if I had just assumed it was there and W&D weekend registration came along and I didn't see the link, I would have panicked for a little while! You are right; they surely don't make it easy. I guess they try to keep it so that non-passholders can't just sign in and get to it easily. Although in some years past when races sold out in minutes, the site address has been published on Facebook to "help" friends register early anyway.

I'll be in for the challenge. First time doing the W&D, second RunDisney challenge.

Room already booked at POP.

Got to get to running now to be better prepared than when I did Star Wars in 2018.

@Sonyamalexander I WILL be at PTRR again this year. As it gets closer, maybe we could figure out how to have an early morning meetup! And as a sidenote, my maternal grandmother was an Alexander in a family with about a dozen children.:goodvibes

Questiln... does one have to go thru the AP Benefits and Discounts page to sign in to run Disney registrations or an we just sign in t o our runDisney accounts just check the AP passhder box?

Questiln... does one have to go thru the AP Benefits and Discounts page to sign in to run Disney registrations or an we just sign in t o our runDisney accounts just check the AP passhder box?
In order to use the AP early sign in you have to go through the AP benefits page.

Ok, here's one for ya...DH has annual pass yet when requesting to get to runDisney annual passholders page, it comes up for him to sign in and buy an annual pass. What now?

Well... I have the night of the 2nd booked at Poly DVC, however, the 31st and 1st are on a waitlist... :(

Fingers crossed...

Ok, here's one for ya...DH has annual pass yet when requesting to get to runDisney annual passholders page, it comes up for him to sign in and buy an annual pass. What now?
You went to Passholder Extras on MDE? That will give you the dates for early. I'm able to get there now in Chrome. Maybe try a different browser.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!