Wine and Dine question

sammykster

Mouseketeer
I know it is quite early since the 2014 just happened but we are thinking of doing the 2014 Wine and Dine. Could someone explain a couple of things for me? How much was the registration in 2014? Does the price of registration include the after party for runners or is that an extra cost? I know it is extra for spectators I had read but wasn't sure how it worked for the runners. Thanks in advance!

It has been a while and actually a friend signed me up, but if memory serves registration is around $150 - $175 and that does include the after party entrance. You also get a $10 gift card to use for the party or any time thereafter. I used my gift card from last years race in January and plan on doing the same thing this year. :thumbsup2

I know it is quite early since the 2014 just happened but we are thinking of doing the 2014 Wine and Dine. Could someone explain a couple of things for me? How much was the registration in 2014? Does the price of registration include the after party for runners or is that an extra cost? I know it is extra for spectators I had read but wasn't sure how it worked for the runners. Thanks in advance!
Gonna be that jerk and say I think you mean the 2015 Wine & Dine Half. ;)

Had to dig back for this...the registration for the half start at $185 for the half marathon. Then you add in Active.com processing fees, which is about 7% of the cost. The registration DOES include an after-party ticket, as well as a $10 Disney gift card. :goodvibes

ETA: Found my email receipt from this year's race. Price for registration for the half marathon + the half marathon pin + processing fees was $214.55 total. Ouch! :eek: And runDisney has been raising their prices by $5-$10 each year so it very well could be starting at $190 or $195 for 2015.

The registration DOES include an after-party ticket, as well as a $10 Disney gift card.

And an adult beverage if you're willing to wait in line after bag retrieval lines.

Bud Lite, Yuen Ling, red or white wine, or soft drinks. Got the Bud Lite. Shoulda gone forward for the wine.

And an adult beverage if you're willing to wait in line after bag retrieval lines. Bud Lite, Yuen Ling, red or white wine, or soft drinks. Got the Bud Lite. Shoulda gone forward for the wine.
I was NOT. This year all I wanted was a hot hot hot shower! :(

I should have bagged that line. We had already decided that there would be nothing fun about the after-party, but dang I wanted a beer. While holding my heavy gearbag, my food, banana, water, keeping my space blanket thing on me (first one I've been given at a Disney race!), and shivering so much it might have been felt on the Richter scale....:p

Thank you for all the replies! You're right.. I did mean 2015 lol! I'm excited to give it a try but I'm going to need a lot of training towards it. I am more of a short distance runner currently but want to do a 1/2 marathon and where better to try than Disney World? lol Thanks!!

When you register, can you sign up two people at once? Or do you have to go through the process twice?

When you register, can you sign up two people at once? Or do you have to go through the process twice?
I can't remember for sure but I THINK there's an option to sign up a second person. If you have an account with Active.com you can log in at some point and put in your address, name, etc. ahead of time. Then when Wine & Dine registration opens you can log into your account when you register and it'll pre-fill some of that information for you. If nothing else it saves you some typing. :confused3

Dragged my A** back to the BW and a hot shower. Stopped in Epcot to get an I DID IT shirt and poof out the international gateway we went.

denise

Dragged my A** back to the BW and a hot shower. Stopped in Epcot to get an I DID IT shirt and poof out the international gateway we went.

denise

You can buy the I DID IT SHIRTS afterward in EPCOT? I only saw them before at expo when I ran it is 2012

Also, make sure you are ready to register the day they open up registration! We didn't get signed up this past year because the race sold out so quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter