Wine Bar George Seating

SothrnChic

Mouseketeer
I am about to make a reservation for Wine Bar George through Open Table, and it is asking me my seating preference. For those who have been, do I want "Standard", "High Top" or "Outdoor"? I know some have complained about the bar stools so I am leaning for Outdoor.. but want some opinions from people who have been there. Thanks!

I liked outdoor although I didnt sit there. It is on a smallish narrow balcony. It was raining when we were there but people were still outside.

I booked again for January and chose standard, I think. I want to sit upstairs in the bar area. You can sit downstairs bar area but I thought too much traffic and there is also a room upstairs off the bar which is very nice but I thiught the music in there was very loud (Im 51 and dont mind normal volume).

When I was there in January with my mom we sat in upstairs bar area and like I said above, its the same place I want to sit and will let them know when I arrive when I go in January with my mom-73 amd my dd-25.

It is my new favorite place in Disney.

May depend on time of year, but given we seem to have moved into "fall" weather here, I'd personally probably opt for outdoor. It's a nice view of the walkway and water - excellent people watching. If kids in the party, probably don't want to opt for a high-top (bar height) table - believe they have these both downstairs and upstairs. The downstairs does have the hustle and bustle of the entrance so I'd probably pick upstairs if I had a choice. I've found them to be incredibly accommodating and basically the definition of hospitality so if you "chose wrong" and wanted to switch, I think they'd do everything in their power to help you. And the food and wine is terrific. Definitely worth a visit. Enjoy!!!

I went for standard because we'll be eating a full dinner and we prefer the A/C for the hour of the day we'll be eating there.

7055AAB9-766B-4A1C-996E-83B515FFCDB6.jpeg Well, I’m one of the non-fan of the stool, though having eaten there a 2nd time, I wore heels so I could tuck them into the bottom bars of the stool and it was better. It’s still too hot right now to sit outside but in the late fall it should be great, here’s a pic of it!

Not the most comfortable, especially if your feet don’t reach the bottom bar of the stool!
745821C6-FEDB-4D13-8214-1DF9246D9906.jpeg

View attachment 358409 Well, I’m one of the non-fan of the stool, though having eaten there a 2nd time, I wore heels so I could tuck them into the bars of the stools and it was better. It’s still too hot right now to sit outside but in the late fall it should be great, here’s a pic of it!
After a bit of tussling back and forth we are now booked there for T-Day after being enticed by the reviews and pics of the chicken family style meal and NYE for the fish dinner.I will say if Jaleo opens by NYE all bets will be off again, LOL.

You've been there twice already so I'm assuming you enjoyed it...was there anything special you liked to drink and/or eat?

You've been there twice already so I'm assuming you enjoyed it...was there anything special you liked to drink and/or eat?
The skirt stake platter is so good, with the roasted potatoes, asparagus and chimichurri! And we’re French so a charcuterie platter is always appreciated and theirs offers top notch ingredients like marcona almonds, thinly sliced cured meats and excellent cheeses. I would love to try the fish platter, but to do that, I’ll have to find another family! We also had the Fried Mac & Cheese bites, really good and the ceviche of Octopus, which wasn’t great!

This was the small charcuterie board with got the first time. I can’t seem to attach th new photos I’ll try later.
BAD67A8A-13ED-42CF-8D2C-33CDAB00DDC8.jpeg

Last edited:
QUOTE="BEASLYBOO, post: 59853026, member: 164494"]The skirt stake platter is so good, with the roasted potatoes, asparagus and chimichurri! And we’re French so a charcuterie platter is always appreciated and theirs offers top notch ingredients like marcona almonds, thinly sliced cured meats and excellent cheeses. I would love to try the fish platter, but to do that, I’ll have to find another family! We also had the Fried Mac & Cheese bites, really good and the ceviche of Octopus, which wasn’t great!

This was the small charcuterie board with got the first time. I can’t seem to attach th new photos I’ll try later.
View attachment 358413[/QUOTE]
The steak platter looks sooooooo good but it was hard enough getting the man and DGD to forego turkey for chicken that there is no way we'll get the steak when there are 3 of us, LOL. Still they are listing a special Thanksgiving menu for lunch so who knows?
NYE it will only be 2 of us and we traditional eat only gifts from the sea that night so again no steak again:(.
We love a good charcuterie platter but once again will be stymied by participants. DGD still refuses to eat cheese that isn't in a cooked dish and sometimes not even then. But but she'll eat grilled octopus?! I don't get it but it is what it is, LOL. Maybeeeee since no one is watching us we'll try the charcuterie platter when it's just the man and me;).
ETA: Thanks for that photo! Looks like you can have all meat so yayyyy for Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter