Wine & Dine 2015

browerjs

Mouseketeer
So I want to run my first half marathon next year (since all the Disney ones for this season are sold out), and I'm targeting the Wine & Dine 2015. Since the dates were just released today, am I best off to book my resort now, or do I get a better deal by waiting until I'm registered for the race?

Is there a resort or resort area which is the best for these races?

I'm interested in this, too. I'm guessing based on recent Disney reservation experience that you'd only need to reserve right now if you have a very specific room type you'd want (such as, a Contemporary suite with a MK view). I would imagine the Epcot resorts are both optimal and more likely to sell out due to Food & Wine. But I'm interested to see what others say.

What ever hotel you chose try and make sure it is a host hotel for that race. Picks you up and drops you off for the race. Not all hotels are host hotels for W&D.

What ever hotel you chose try and make sure it is a host hotel for that race. Picks you up and drops you off for the race. Not all hotels are host hotels for W&D.

When is info about host hotels released?

So I want to run my first half marathon next year (since all the Disney ones for this season are sold out), and I'm targeting the Wine & Dine 2015. Since the dates were just released today, am I best off to book my resort now, or do I get a better deal by waiting until I'm registered for the race?

Is there a resort or resort area which is the best for these races?

As long as you're willing to switch around if the resort you choose turns out to not be a host resort....

FYI, there are travel providers and charities who still have bibs for earlier races. I'm sure there are others, but the one I recently used was Acclaim travel, to get DH and DS into the 5K over WDW Marathon weekend. They still have the Half for Tinkerbell (right now as I'm looking at their site, but of course anything can change), which I think is in Anaheim, in case that one looked better to you than next year November...

I would strongly recommend that you wait and book your room through Run Disney when the room rates are announced. The discounted rates are very likely to be better than any other rates you can get any place else. The race sells out LONG before room availability does. The only exception I can see is if you have your heart set at Boardwalk or Beach Club. These are likely to sell out the soonest, but I would guess that even they will have some availability as host resorts.

I guess if you wanted to be extra safe you could book now and then rebook when the host hotels and rates are available, but I honestly don't see that being necessary.

As to location. All the host resorts would be fine. The closer you are to Epcot the shorter your bus ride will be after the race/party, but you aren't talking about a huge difference at that time of night.

Thanks for all the info. I'll just wait to book my resort through RunDisney. Do you do this at the time of registration, or is it a separate process?

I looked into running for a charity for the 2015 WDW half, since I'm in shape now, but I think I'm just going to wait till next year. I had no intention of running a half when I started "training" (if you could call it that), but I just started running at the soccer fields over the past two months during my son's practices and have logged around 140 miles now and am pacing around 8:30/mi on my longer runs, and I figured I'd start to look into half marathons. Now the key for me is to keep it up since soccer season is about over and the winter months are upon us :)

Thanks for all the info. I'll just wait to book my resort through RunDisney. Do you do this at the time of registration, or is it a separate process?

I looked into running for a charity for the 2015 WDW half, since I'm in shape now, but I think I'm just going to wait till next year. I had no intention of running a half when I started "training" (if you could call it that), but I just started running at the soccer fields over the past two months during my son's practices and have logged around 140 miles now and am pacing around 8:30/mi on my longer runs, and I figured I'd start to look into half marathons. Now the key for me is to keep it up since soccer season is about over and the winter months are upon us :)

You book the room as a separate process. You have to call Run Disney for room booking.

As a DVC-er, I set a reminder and book my room at SSR as soon as my 11-month window opens up.

2 years ago, I waited too long and NOTHING was available. My training partner used her timeshare and at best the lodging was comical, at worst it was a nightmare. It was a 2 star Wyndham, between the door knob needing a battery replaced and standing outside our room for an hour, to being thankful the elevator didn't 'drop' whenever we rode it... every day was an adventure at that resort.

When we checked in this year, we learned that ALL of the dine resorts are booked 100% thru the 2nd week of January!

I really feel for the the WDW employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter