Wine & Dine Half Marathon Pre-Trip Planning

luvslikepi

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters: Me (luvslikepi) and my friend Amy.

When: Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend!! And a few days after.

Why: Because we're PhD Candidates and we need to have some fun after slaving away on our dissertations.

yodaphd.jpg

Where: Art of Animation.

Just the start of planning, This will be my first official half marathon and Amy's Bazillionth (I think - she runs a lot. http://thepointonewillgetcha.blogspot.com/ )

DisBaby will either be at home with daddy (if he's not deployed again as they promised us) or gramma.

Amy registered us this morning with her AP. I made the hotel reservations and chose the snazzy blue Magic Band to match my intended UK Themed costume that will be a nod to Matt Smith's Doctor...sniffle..sniffle...you Whovians out there will understand my sniffling. Fez, Bow Tie...maybe a sonic screwdriver. Blue = TARDIS...you see my logic there?

tumblr_mr0yl4O1Xb1s2skm4o2_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mputyfZ3G31qz4rgp.jpg

Anyway. I chose Art of Animation because, its relatively inexpensive and I've never stayed there before. I would have opted for a Cars room but that was about $2000 more...no way. I can live with a Little Mermaid room. I also accidentally (mostly) ordered Magic Maker because I like to have lots of pictures taken. I also accidently (not mostly) got the Disney Visa card when I ordered it....whoops....then I had to shred several of my other credit cards so that when I explained it to hubby he wouldn't be so mad. They actually didn't have any balance on them so we're good with credit but he'll probably do this when I tell him I applied for and got the Disney Visa Card....

mad.gif

Please stay tuned for more wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey trip planning shenanigans.

Joining in! My sister and I just decided today that we will be doing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon too! This will be both of our first 1/2 marathons! I've just recently been bit by the running bug, so the most I've done is a 5k... good thing we've got over 8 months to train for it! We decided we needed to go big or go home! Can't wait to hear about all of your planning!

Thank for joining all. Knees are killing me today but I will post some updates on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter