Wine & Dine registration fail

happypaws

Mouseketeer
So my friend and I have been planning to do the 2016 Wine & Dine half for a couple months now, had the registration date marked in my calendar and of course being busy people with odd work schedules, we missed the registration opening and it of course sold out :sad1:

Looking on the website it seems like there are several options through third party websites to register ? Has anyone gone through one of these agents or chosen a charity? Good or negative experience?

Most of the ones I looked at seems like the half is mostly sold out anyway, but there is still the 10k, which would also be fun.

I used GET to buy a last-minute Disneyland 5K bib (didn't originally sign-up but the wife wanted me to run with her) last year. Very easy - no problems. I purchased only the bib. No tickets, no lodging.

I've read many various posts where people have used Travel Partners for bibs and can't recall any negative experiences.

I wouldn't hesitate using that route (Travel Partners) again if needed.

They've changed things this year, you can't buy just the bib from travel providers any more. I would suggest reading the wine & dine thread, probably back a week or so, it should answer your question about travel providers and charity bibs as well. It's all been covered there along with what is required when getting a bib from a travel provider.

So my friend and I have been planning to do the 2016 Wine & Dine half for a couple months now, had the registration date marked in my calendar and of course being busy people with odd work schedules, we missed the registration opening and it of course sold out :sad1:

Looking on the website it seems like there are several options through third party websites to register ? Has anyone gone through one of these agents or chosen a charity? Good or negative experience?

Most of the ones I looked at seems like the half is mostly sold out anyway, but there is still the 10k, which would also be fun.

I'd try my chances with a charity, then. Just stay focused on your fund raising goals. Bake, sell items on eBay, have a yard sale, start a godundme site, and whatever you need to raise money.

I personally have decided to run for a charity myself and so far am loving my choice. The coordinator has been over the top helpful and also has two other coordinators designated to give participants fund raising ideas and goals!

There are quite a few left on the Run Disney site you can sign up with. Each link will send you to each charity's page where all the info required to run for them is listed there. Good luck!!

I've run for charity (specifically St Jude) for 3 years now and love it. Most charities will have an option where you can fundraise to a certain level and get race entry or entry + hotel for the weekend plus other perks - like St Jude has a pasta dinner the night before the half marathons. Maybe see if there are any charities listed that speak to you (like my cousin's running for ASPCA for Wine and Dine because she LOVES animals) and see what their availability / fundraising commitments are.

I've run for charity (specifically St Jude) for 3 years now and love it. Most charities will have an option where you can fundraise to a certain level and get race entry or entry + hotel for the weekend plus other perks - like St Jude has a pasta dinner the night before the half marathons. Maybe see if there are any charities listed that speak to you (like my cousin's running for ASPCA for Wine and Dine because she LOVES animals) and see what their availability / fundraising commitments are.

Thank You! Glad to hear you had a positive experience. I'm definitely going to look into this more.

This is my first time running through a charity. If you have done this in the past..how did you raise the funds? How long did it take you? Any advice appreciated!

This is my first time running through a charity. If you have done this in the past..how did you raise the funds? How long did it take you? Any advice appreciated!

Now that I have an adult job I tithe with every paycheck, so that makes it a little easier for me. But when I was in college (and made like 5% of what I do now - yay college jobs :] ) I sent emails to family, friends, church group, basically everyone that I could. Even if no one donates a huge amount, if 5 people donate $50 you've just made $250. Most charities that I've seen also have fundraising coaches so I'm sure they'd be able to help you out with ideas.

I am doing the Rebel Challenge through Acclaim Travel and have had no issues to this point. Cost of the bib was not much more than Disney cost, and the room was rack rate. The drawback was with later registration, my corral placement is in the back.

If you book through a TA (travel agent) you now are required to also get room and park ticket (new disney rules).
I have done registrations through charity. I like the connections with the charities. The good feeling of making a difference. You just have to really make sure you stay on top of the fundraising and really put the effort into it if you don't just have the money to shell out.

Also, there are some "running clubs" that you can join. Like Raw Threads Club often has bibs (they make the shirts lots of people wear) and also I have heard a lot of availability through Expedition something or other. Sorry I don't remember the last one. I know Raw Threads has a lot though because I am a member. They have tink right now and had Star Wars Light Side. It's the main reason they created the club was for the disney bibs... although being part of it also gives you discounts on their own merch too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter