Wine Package

Betsypup

Grab Shell
Can you purchase these packages as part of online check-in? If not, does anyone have experience with pre-ordering ahead of time using the Disney gifts and amenities form? I would love one less thing to have to book/reserve once I'm on the ship.

Thx!

Can you purchase these packages as part of online check-in? If not, does anyone have experience with pre-ordering ahead of time using the Disney gifts and amenities form? I would love one less thing to have to book/reserve once I'm on the ship.

Thx!

We didn't pre-order the wine package, but we did pre-order things like the Rain Forest Day passes with the Disney gifts and amenities form, or actually we called the phone number listed there. It was easy to do and was waiting for us on the ship when we arrived.

Are the wine packages the same price if you pre-order before the cruise (I assume by calling gifts and amenitite), or if you just buy on your first night on board at dinner? Also can you order a second package mid-way through the cruise if you drink all bottles in the first package? (For example order a 4 bottle package at the start but on day 4 of 7 you are all out of wine so then order a 3 bottle package at that point?)

Are the wine packages the same price if you pre-order before the cruise (I assume by calling gifts and amenitite), or if you just buy on your first night on board at dinner? Also can you order a second package mid-way through the cruise if you drink all bottles in the first package? (For example order a 4 bottle package at the start but on day 4 of 7 you are all out of wine so then order a 3 bottle package at that point?)
Yes and yes. Pricing is the same either way, with the 15% autogratuity added in both cases. I always add extra for our assistant server to bring that to 20-25%, so ordering at dinner works better for me. You can order as many packages as you like. Even on the longer 13-night TA or 14-night PC cruises, I have started with a 4-bottle package, since DW doesn’t drink and I switch back and forth between wine and beer with dinner. I usually consume bottles of wine over two dinners unless I decide to take the partial bottle back to our stateroom to enjoy later.

We pre-booked a wine package since we were calling the gifts and amenities phone line anyway to book champagne in the room on arrival and rainforest passes. We did not get a discount, but I just like the convenience of arranging everything up front.

Agree that there is no need to pre-order the wine package. You'll be offered ample opportunity to buy on board when you dine.

Tip: you don't need to buy the package that matches the length of your cruise. You are free to buy a 4 wine package if you are on a 7-night cruise.

We pre-booked a wine package since we were calling the gifts and amenities phone line anyway to book champagne in the room on arrival and rainforest passes. We did not get a discount, but I just like the convenience of arranging everything up front.

Excellent point! If you like to have as much as possible paid upfront (and/or you either have no OBC or the OBC is already earmarked for excursions/gratuities/adult dining/etc.) then pre-ordering is probably the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter