Winging it with No Dinning Plan! A Feb. Trip Report

Kitty Perry..love it! :rotfl:
She was and still is super proud of herself.

Sad when reality starts to set back in!!!
I know. But it has to happen. Unfortantly.

We use the same Math curriculum at our school...it is not my favorite, but it made me smile to recognize it here :)
It took some getting used to, for sure. But I think we have gotten over the hump on it. It was especially hard when the girls couldn't read all on there own. It's very wordy!

I was so behind. Just no DIS time over the last 6 weeks. I have loved reading your TR. We arrived I think the day after you got home. We also lucked out and saw the fireworks whikle riding Big Thunder this trip as well. By far my favorite memory! And it looks like I'm missing you by a week next Feb. We leave 2/14. But now I'm trying to figure out how to stay until 2/15 to attend the 2/14 DAH:).
It is so easy to get behind on the Dis, I know that! Man, we keep just missing each other! We have a DAH night during our trip, that I really want to do but I of course have it all planned out and it doesn't quiet work into the plan very well. Grrr...

I just finished reading your trip report and thought it was great. Favorite part was the jungle cruise joke! This really makes me want to write up a report on our upcoming trip in December. I think it is a great way to remember the vacation.
You should!!!! And let me know if you do. I would love to follow along! It really is a great way to relive the trip. And fun to re-read the older trips as well!

A great grand finale.

I enjoyed your TR thanks for taking the time to write it.
Thanks for following along. I really enjoy sharing it everyone.

Slowly catching up on everyone's TRs! I don't want your trip to end, your check in on Southwest is the death knell at the end of the trip :sad: I'm starting to feel like Gwen must have!
Ha. I know, isn't it sad when people finish there trip reports! Don't worry, once I am over this cold, I am going to get back on to the Disneyland trip report.

Oh my gosh, I know they change the menu at this place once every few months but these look amazing! I hope they are still serving them when I get there next!!!
Right? Once a year trips, make for lots of things coming and going. I hope they are still there when we get back.

What a great trip! Thanks for taking us along. I really enjoyed it!
Thanks!

Another amazing trip Ariella!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love all your family hijinks. Can't wait for the girls to all finally meet and hopefully for us to drink :drinking1

I really enjoyed your report. We are planning a surprise trip for the kids (13, 11, and 7) with my parents and brother's family. It's our family's 5th trip since my first son was born, but our first ever in February. We're planning on 2/3-2/10. It was good to get a February perspective! I've only been in August and November. Looks like crowds will be lighter, but I'm worried it won't be warm enough to swim!

I really enjoyed your report. We are planning a surprise trip for the kids (13, 11, and 7) with my parents and brother's family. It's our family's 5th trip since my first son was born, but our first ever in February. We're planning on 2/3-2/10. It was good to get a February perspective! I've only been in August and November. Looks like crowds will be lighter, but I'm worried it won't be warm enough to swim!
February is very hit or miss for swimming. My girls never have a problem swimming. Sometimes the adults don't want to swim. And night swimming tends to be out as it does cool off at night. But we have had some really hot days as well!

We are going end of February this year, hoping for just a little bit warmer weather. But it is a great time to go!

So, we are booking a trip to WDW next year to follow our Merrytime Cruise, and I am toying with whether or not to do the Dining plan, which got me thinking about this report!

I know you were able to come in under cost, but wonder did you think it was worth it ultimately? Would you have been just as happy/happier if you'd paid for the dining plan and then eaten at other restaurants than you did paying OOP?

I really can't decide what we should do!!! :) And no one in my family is understanding my dilemma!

So, we are booking a trip to WDW next year to follow our Merrytime Cruise, and I am toying with whether or not to do the Dining plan, which got me thinking about this report!

I know you were able to come in under cost, but wonder did you think it was worth it ultimately? Would you have been just as happy/happier if you'd paid for the dining plan and then eaten at other restaurants than you did paying OOP?

I really can't decide what we should do!!! :) And no one in my family is understanding my dilemma!
So, I think it mostly depends on how many sit down meals to you plan on doing? If you are planning on doing a sit down meal a day, and if they are buffet and/or character meals. I think it it totally worth it. We came in under budget but we made a consicous effort to not eat a lot of sit down meals. I think we would have been a lot closer in pricing if we had done one sit down per day.

But out upcoming trip, I am going back to one sit down meal a day. I think it works well for us and how we tour the park. I think having a time that we are required to sit down and rest. We were too go go go with out it. And as of now, we have the dinning plan for part of the trip but not all of the trip. BUT if we end up getting annual passes, I will probably get a table in wonderland card and drop the dinning plan all together. I think you can def get a better bang for you buck with that. But we have never had that as an option.

I do secretly love having the leftover snack credits and buying lots of Rice Krispee Treats to bring home. It's like pre-paying for food souvigners.

How many days will you be at WDW after?

So, I think it mostly depends on how many sit down meals to you plan on doing? If you are planning on doing a sit down meal a day, and if they are buffet and/or character meals. I think it it totally worth it. We came in under budget but we made a consicous effort to not eat a lot of sit down meals. I think we would have been a lot closer in pricing if we had done one sit down per day.

But out upcoming trip, I am going back to one sit down meal a day. I think it works well for us and how we tour the park. I think having a time that we are required to sit down and rest. We were too go go go with out it. And as of now, we have the dinning plan for part of the trip but not all of the trip. BUT if we end up getting annual passes, I will probably get a table in wonderland card and drop the dinning plan all together. I think you can def get a better bang for you buck with that. But we have never had that as an option.

I do secretly love having the leftover snack credits and buying lots of Rice Krispee Treats to bring home. It's like pre-paying for food souvigners.

How many days will you be at WDW after?
I'm thinking we will do at least a few character meals because we really love them. We'll be there for 5 nights, 6 days, so I'm thinking it would probably be worth it for us. I like that you get a drink included now, too, which we've never had before. I also LOVE using our snack credits at the end of the trip for goodies to take home!!

I think we may just book it for now. I have 455 days to decide LOL

I'm thinking we will do at least a few character meals because we really love them. We'll be there for 5 nights, 6 days, so I'm thinking it would probably be worth it for us. I like that you get a drink included now, too, which we've never had before. I also LOVE using our snack credits at the end of the trip for goodies to take home!!

I think we may just book it for now. I have 455 days to decide LOL
The nice thing is you can add or remove it pretty anytime up till like a week or so before. So, that is nice. I would say add it, that way if they have another price hike, you are locked in at the lower cost. That alone, might save you some $$$.

having the drinks included is nice! I almost always have a drink at sit down meals. It kills us a little with how many days we spend at Magic Kingdom and there is no alchol at the counter service places. But I still figure we will come out on top.

One reason I booked the dining plan for our upcoming trip is because it's right after a cruise and the sticker shock after all those days of all-inclusive meals sounded unbearable.

One reason I booked the dining plan for our upcoming trip is because it's right after a cruise and the sticker shock after all those days of all-inclusive meals sounded unbearable.
That's a really great point, too!! We ended up booking our WDW part of the trip last night, and I did include the Dining Plan. Our son will be 10 on the trip, and he has always loved character meals...just in case he doesn't love them anymore as he gets older, I want to hit as many as possible, which definitely makes the cost feel worthwhile.

That's a really great point, too!! We ended up booking our WDW part of the trip last night, and I did include the Dining Plan. Our son will be 10 on the trip, and he has always loved character meals...just in case he doesn't love them anymore as he gets older, I want to hit as many as possible, which definitely makes the cost feel worthwhile.
Wait what?!?! Jimmy will be 10! I feel the same way, I feel like I need to squeeze as much in before they become boring teenagers!

Yeah to booking it!

Wait what?!?! Jimmy will be 10! I feel the same way, I feel like I need to squeeze as much in before they become boring teenagers!

Yeah to booking it!
I know!!!! :( I seriously hope he stays the kind of kid who doesn't care what other people think and just likes what he likes, but I feel like his days of loving Cinderella could be coming to a close. Covering all my bases :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts