winkflash vs Snapfish...my results

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Hi Girls,
I got my pics today. Both companies ship very quickly and both sent exactly what I ordered. However I have to say that snapfishes photos were quite a bit brighter. Some of the pics were taken in a banquet hall and the winkflash ones are kind of dark (had indentical photos developed at both). Not bad just dark. So I am thinking if I could get a code for better shipping I would go with snapfish. Just my 2Cents worth.
Anyone else get the same photos from both? Results?

Thanks for the heads up. I have just recently gotten totally fed-up with printing my photos at home and have been trying to decide where to get my photos printed. I'll give snapfish a try!................P

I have used both Winkflash and Snapfish and I HATED my pictures from Snapfish! They were so bad: dark, bad color, etc. (even after I had lightened/fixed them before uploading). The shipping cost was horrible too!

I'm glad you got good service though. I just personally wouldn't use them again.

There is another service that I have heard raves about: Scrapbookpictures.com

I may try them next.

I used Snapfish until they lost a roll of film from my Disney trip in 2002!
All my Wilderness Lodge pictures :sad1:
Thank heavens for digital now...

Unless you lose over 1000 pictures due to a computer glitch that wipes out the memory card and all the pictures in the folder you are transferring to. One roll of film is nothing compared to all the pictures from a cruise. Luckily we were able to recover most of these with Recover, a special program to help recover things on hard drives.

Unfortunately their is no method out there that is completly error proof or destruction proof. No matter what you try to do things don't always go as planned.

Becky

winkflash hands down, can't beat their prices and the shipping is a flat rate. I have never had a problem with them. don't care for snapfish myself, but each to his own right? :) maggie

have always loved snapfish but boy those shipping charges! I've qvetched at them more than once about that. Right now though, with thousands of pictures in their storage, i'm not about to switch.

If you have a walgreens near you, i hear you can order the pics from snapfish and have them delivered at walgreen, saving the shipping.

I am considering emailing winkflash about the darkness of the photos. They were printed fine, but just darker then the ones from snapfish. I do hate hate hate their shipping though. Got to admit though at this time with gas, my work schedule, school events, church events etc....I like having them delivered.

Has anyone used Sams Club?

Oh and I do have a walgreens but when I chose that option with snapfish the price doubled....they charge more for prints. Can't win.

Snapfish still wins for me. I've always gotten fantastic pictures from them. They do clean up pictures a bit if your color is really bad (only sometimes though). Also, I tend to find great codes for Snapfish in more places. If you do MySurvey, they offer giftcards as one of their rewards. Also, the new McD's monopoly game has an online section and you can win Snapfish credits through that.

I had decided to convert over to Winkflash - from Snapfish. There was a bit of difference in the prints I got from both - yes, Winkflash was a bit darker but mine were outdoor pics so you really didn't notice it much - but not enough difference to justify the shipping rates via Snapfish! However...when I played the McD's Monopoly, I won 50 free prints from Snapfish (25 free 2 times) and free shipping to go along with those prints, so I will be ordering from Snapfish at least once more! :teeth:
Thanks for the comparison evaluation goofymom/pop!! :goodvibes

I've used Sam's Club a lot. They do a GREAT job with mine everytime and I love the finish. I put them in and select them out, then an hour later I have prints! They are 17 cents each, which winds up being the same as snapfish when you consider the shipping.

goofymom/pop said:
Has anyone used Sams Club?

Yes I have and still do 98% of time. I love the .16/print price plus I have always had wonderful service. I also use walmart but for diff. in price of prints which is like a penny or 2, I will drive further to sam's when doing Disney pics. since we are usually talking 500-1000 pictures.

I have one a mile from here. So will give them a try. Can you upload from home and then pick up? Or do I have to go in to do it.

Also guess i better start eating at McDs to get some free snapfish pics. :rotfl:

I don't think the McD's food is worth the Snapfish picture rewards, but with DH out of town the kids are happy with McD's and it makes life easier for me, so hey.... :rotfl: And if I can get free digital pics (along w/free shipping), I'm all for it!!! :rotfl2: Ended up winning 25 more last night, so now I'm up to 75 + free shipping - all with no expiration date!!! I'll take what I can get! :rolleyes1
Sams is just not convenient for me - about 30 miles. However, I checked their website and looks to me like you can upload your prints, order prints, and then pickup in an hour at your local Sams! Hope that works for you goofymom/pop!! :goodvibes

I'm not THRILLED with winkflash when I compare them. However, I think that shipping on most of those places is outrageous. Snapfish wanted to charged me $15 to ship pictures. Winkflash was going to charge me 99 cents. Hmmm. I have been using Walgreens. The only problem I have with them is that I can't choose matte. You can go directly to the Walgreens website and upload them and then pick them up at your store. It is 19 cents a picture.

When we go to Disney World, and I want great pictures, I will be going to our local camera store. They have 19 cent prints with a coupon. I just have to take it into the store, and I wont' have them back in an hour.

yes you can upload your pics from home and go pick them up at sam's club. I can't get the software to work with my computer and I have dial up so it's easier for me to drop picks off go vist scrapbook store in same area or run my errands while waiting for pics.

thanks !!!
I am going to try it today. Got some 6th grade camp pics of my son to get printed.

Costco online is 17 cents per print, and you can pick up at the store, usually within a few hours... definitely by the next day.... and shipping is free if you want it mailed to you!

Do you know what sites you can get Matte at? I am new to this stuff and still have all our WDW 2005 to get printed, but I much prefer the Matte finish.

TIA

I suggest www.scrapbookpictures.com. They have both matte and glossy. They are cheap and shipping is $2 flat rate. The photos go on Kodak paper and you can get a variety of sizes and borders. I scrapbook alot and take many photos and they are my # 1 choice!! Good luck :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter