Winnie the Pooh Ride?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Does this ride require a FP? If we get to it fairly early in the morning otherwise, how should the lines be? DD just decided we should ride this one (we have not been on it before because the lines are always so long or it has been shut down), and we have already booked FPs for MK. Thanks!

In my experience, the line has always been pretty long. Seeing as it is one of my favorites, I always get a FP for it. But whether a FP is needed for this particular ride may be subjective.

I agree, it's an easy 4th (or later) FP. You can try it within the first hour or so of operation, but otherwise - just add it once you've used your original three.

It seems to be one of those rides that benefits from FP but doesn't exactly require it. If you have your other FPs booked maybe you could make it one of your first couple of rides. I thought the highly interactive queue was entertaining--for us it was more about watching the kids play with the line stuff, but it was entertaining nonetheless

Does this ride require a FP? ...we have already booked FPs for MK.

Another option is to change one of your currently-booked FP to Pooh.
(Which 3 do you now have?)

Another option is to change one of your currently-booked FP to Pooh.
(Which 3 do you now have?)
I have 11:10 Haunted Mansion, 1:00 Seven Dwarves Mining Train, and 4:00 Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell is because DD really wants to meet her and we have not in the past (so tricky with her by the exit, and lines are super long by the end of the day). We have only one day in MK and want to fit in the parade too. We want to start the day with Teacups to see if we can meet Alice there!

Also Tinkerbell FPs have not been available in the past as 4 Fps so wanted to keep it.

Keep an eye on the wait times on the app. Sometimes there is little wait, other times it's packed, but we are usually able to get a 4th FP for this one.

I have 11:10 Haunted Mansion, 1:00 Seven Dwarves Mining Train, and 4:00 Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell is because DD really wants to meet her and we have not in the past (so tricky with her by the exit, and lines are super long by the end of the day). We have only one day in MK and want to fit in the parade too. We want to start the day with Teacups to see if we can meet Alice there!

It's much easier to get a HM FP+ as a 4th or 5th FP.
You could attempt to change your current HM FP for a Pooh, and then book HM FP on day-of.

We've made it our tradition to start our MK day (at rope drop) by riding Pooh first while the masses make a mad dash to Seven Dwarfs. Usually ends up being a walk-on or no more than a 5 minute wait. Afterwards we head to Peter Pan, which may still be just a 5-10 minute wait at that time. This has always worked well for us and has been a great way to start our MK day!

That's a very late 3rd FP time! Can you move it earlier? Another thought, do Tink at rope drop? When I was there at that time, Mickey had a line, but Tink did not yet.

We go at very busy times (usually March) and just got back from a trip over Christmas day. We almost always do stand by as I don't like to waste a FP on this ride and I don't think we have ever waited more than 40 mins. If you have kids, there are fun things for them to do in the stand by queue.

We took the grandkids on Pooh while their parents ride 7DMT about 20 minutes after rope drop. There was only a 5 minute wait and it was a very busy week ( Christmas) super convenient, but there is no way that I would waste a FP+on it.

Does this ride require a FP? If we get to it fairly early in the morning otherwise, how should the lines be? DD just decided we should ride this one (we have not been on it before because the lines are always so long or it has been shut down), and we have already booked FPs for MK. Thanks!
If you go to it early on, you'll be fine.

That's a very late 3rd FP time! Can you move it earlier? Another thought, do Tink at rope drop? When I was there at that time, Mickey had a line, but Tink did not yet.
We want to get to the Teacups at rope drop for Alice.

Pooh is one of those rides that we have always waited to do after the fireworks, even when the kids are little. May not be an option for you, but we have pretty much walked on every single time we've done it taking that approach. We do the same thing for Dumbo and Barnstormer.

I was there NYE and this fast pass was available all day. I could have grabbed one for an almost immediate redemption multiple times all week. I think you’ll be fine. Even after meeting Tink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!