Winter Getaway 2/27-3/4

Chrisvee

Mouseketeer
Wow, MCO was crowded when I arrived at 9:30a! The shuttle from the gates to the terminal was packed. Flight was on time, line for ME was a bit backed up due to volume (and folks in front of me who didn't have their bands and hadn't made a ME reservation; Cast Member very nicely sorted them out).

Waited about 15 minutes for the bus to arrive (unusual for me I usually breeze right on one) but it wasn't packed.

I persisted and now I'm now lounging by the Lava Pool at the Polynesian. Louder but more shade than the Oasis Pool (which is surprisingly close to the main pool).

Despite many trips to WDW, this is my first stay here and I'm waiting for my room which will be a lake view in Moorea. If it's as nice as the view from the Lava Pool I'm going to be very happy!

Gorgeous location for the resort. And the theming is out of this world. The points I used for this DVC splurge are definitely worth it although I missed getting that 'welcome home' at the door.

Just tried my first Pork Fried Rice and it was yummy! Not super spicy but just a hint of it from the pulled pork. Served in a cool takeout container. It was tremendously filling.

I ate on the patio at Captain Ciok's near one of the water features. So relaxing to hear running water while you dine.

They have those cool trackers that you place on the table so that they can find you.

Weather is high 70s and partly sunny so quite comfortable with a pleasant breeze.

So far so good! Looking forward to more pool time and a relaxing dinner at Kona Cafe.

Continue to give this resort a big spectacular wow.

Transportation to MK via boat or monorail both great. Walk to T&TC easy and convenient to Epcot. Walk to GF is lovely. Love being able to stay at Poly but eat at GF and Contemporary.

Moorea is very quiet and beautiful while still close enough to Ceremonial House. Spent time just enjoying the balcony and its views. And the horns from the water ferries keep me from sleeping too late in then AM!

Took the water ferry home from GF last night and got to see the electrical show right from the water!

Only drawback that I see are the pools -- they are both super crowded at most times and shade is limited. As an older adult traveler that makes it a bit challenging.

And maybe Captain Cook's where the register and orders are combined due to space constraints -- makes the line very long.

Saw the entire MK 3p parade up close and personal yesterday -- was able to get right on the curb without having to stake out a spot more than half an hour before. It was spectacular.

Had a super meal at Citrico'slast night where steak was so tender that I could practically cut it with a fork. Dinner the night before at Kona Cafe was just ok. Maybe lamb chops weren't the best choice.

Weather is mid to high 80s every day so hot but not unbearably humid yet. Cools down at night so you can wear a sweater. Crowds are a bit bigger than I expected but still manageable. What a lovely time of year to be here. So fortunate to be a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter