Winter Olympics

Watching ''buddy luge" as we call it in my house. Why stop at two people? I wanna see them stack three people on that sled!

:lovestruc LOVED Shaun White!! Has anyone heard how badly that little fella from Japan was hurt on the half-pipe? What a horrifying fall. :sad:

I have not heard anything but we gasped when it happened. It made me hurt watching it! Shaun White was amazing. I had goose bumps. He dragged the American flag which made me cringe a little. The internet is of course blowing up about it. I felt it was a completely honest mistake. Give the guy some grace, he was so emotional at the moment and was savoring in winning the gold!!!!!

I saw the fall and that was scary, looked like he landed his rib right on the ledge of the half-pipe.

Two upsets in Men's hockey this morning, should be an interesting tournament.

LOL. My son was watching that this morning and he said, "Why would they do that?"

Is there a seat or platform for the upper guy, or is he just laying against the lower guy?

(Third attempt at phrasing this question. The first two times sounded dirty.)

Is there a seat or platform for the upper guy, or is he just laying against the lower guy?

(Third attempt at phrasing this question. The first two times sounded dirty.)

There is a seat for the top guy and the bottom guy is also attached by straps to the top guy. Apparently this is a two-person luge, teams don't have to be two men.

LOL. My son was watching that this morning and he said, "Why would they do that?"

It's definitely one of those events you look at and say, how on earth did that come about in the first place, let alone stick around to become an internationally competed event?

It's definitely one of those events you look at and say, how on earth did that come about in the first place, let alone stick around to become an internationally competed event?

There had to have been a lot of beer involved. :crazy:

I picture some drunk Germans during Oktoberfest looking at a sled and thinking, "Hey Hans, let's hop on that thing and hurtle ourselves down this mountain!" :rotfl:

I picture some drunk Germans during Oktoberfest looking at a sled and thinking, "Hey Hans, let's hop on that thing and hurtle ourselves down this mountain!" :rotfl:

I agree, those dots are easier to connect. I just can't reach the international competition conclusion.

I think that was skeleton.

I have not heard anything but we gasped when it happened. It made me hurt watching it! Shaun White was amazing. I had goose bumps. He dragged the American flag which made me cringe a little. The internet is of course blowing up about it. I felt it was a completely honest mistake. Give the guy some grace, he was so emotional at the moment and was savoring in winning the gold!!!!!
People will scream and yell, and voice their opinion on just about anything that upsets them. Poor Shawn was trying to hold onto his helmet, goggles, board and the American Flag. On Shawn's first run, he was so excited, that he whipped off his helmet and it ended up in the crowd. When he realized what he did, he had to beg for it back and then he realized he didn't have his goggles and started asking for them. So maybe he just wanted to make sure he held on to everything this time. Sort of like the Tom Brady Jersey fiasco last year. I am sure, Shawn will want to keep all of those items together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter