Winter Olympics

I recommend watching all of the events through the live stream as opposed to the disjointed coverage that NBC broadcasts! Figure skating was far more enjoyable that way- I could actually see all of the skaters and they all got attention as opposed to just the Americans.

NBC Sports Network coverage also works well, we watched all of the groups.

Well, NBC just pulled a Lindsey Jacobelli. They previously announced someone as the winner of the of the women's Super-G while more skiers had yet to start. Then someone not expected to medal is now the leader.

Yeah, we caught that last night - major oops! The night before, I think they said basically the same thing, something like, "This is the last skier who has a chance at the medal podium" and they ended their coverage. I guess in that case, they were right, but I don't understand why they wouldn't show more skiers do their runs. Heck, at one point last night, both NBC and NBCSN were showing the same skating performances. Why have multiple channels if you're not going to show different things?

He's his own biggest fan and is clearly there more for self-promotion than skating. Can't say I blame him. He was given a gift and is taking advantage of it.

I think maybe you've missed the way he's using his suddenly large platform. He's been spending a lot of time to speak to those who feel like they're not good enough, wouldn't ever have the possibility of achieving their dreams. His message has been one of keep striving with joyfulness for your dream in your heart and possibilities open up. I've been impressed at his deliberate efforts to inspire and be positive, instead of merely silly, fluffy and solely playing a shallow social media game.

Yeah, we caught that last night - major oops! The night before, I think they said basically the same thing, something like, "This is the last skier who has a chance at the medal podium" and they ended their coverage. I guess in that case, they were right, but I don't understand why they wouldn't show more skiers do their runs. Heck, at one point last night, both NBC and NBCSN were showing the same skating performances. Why have multiple channels if you're not going to show different things?

BBC did the same thing. That, and the announcer saying "Wow, I think she's going to push for the medals" and, invariably, said skier ranked 15th to 25th at the bottom of the hill. Stop jinxing them!!

I recommend watching all of the events through the live stream as opposed to the disjointed coverage that NBC broadcasts! Figure skating was far more enjoyable that way- I could actually see all of the skaters and they all got attention as opposed to just the Americans.

Everyone but the final 6 were on the NBC sports network. We had to change over to NBC to get the final 6 last night.

Is anyone watching right now? What is this sport with the skiers doing flips and launching themselves off ramps??
Is it new?

Its weird because to seems that they need to ski backwards a lot to launch off the ramps.

Is anyone watching right now? What is this sport with the skiers doing flips and launching themselves off ramps??
Is it new?

Its weird because to seems that they need to ski backwards a lot to launch off the ramps.

It is weird. It's Slope Style. Though do you remember when they had "ballet skiing"? That might have been even weirder.

Considering how much Nathan bombed his short program, that free skate was absolutely INCREDIBLE and that climb from 17th to 5th?? I can't wait to see him killing it in 2022 when he is older and more seasoned.
We just got to that recording that had that performance. Oh my goodness what a redemption he had. I so wished he had done better in his short program but what an amazing skate in the freestyle.

Is it new?

I was just going to post about this. SKIING BACKWARDS over rails and ramps...I don't know whether I should be like :scared1: or :woohoo:!

Is it new?

We first saw it as an Olympic sport at Sochi. Skiing backwards is how the up the difficulty level.

Just wanted to make you sweat it out until the end.

We also appreciate the Muirhead "hogline" controversy - takes some heat from the burned rock controversy. Who knew that they could be some many controversies in curling :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter