Winter Olympics

We also appreciate the Muirhead "hogline" controversy - takes some heat from the burned rock controversy. Who knew that they could be some many controversies in curling :)

I know nothing of these curling controversies, but if my meddling had unintended positive side effects, I'll gladly take the credit. :D

Here's Cw4D in slopestyle. He got a special waiver to ski for Camaroon. He's their only athlete. Here he goes.

It's the inch worm. Coming up on the first rail now. It's the death grip. Wow. They had to pry his hands loose with three crow bars. It's the rump slide. into a snow angel!!! Very creative. On to the first jump. It's the bone crusher!!! Followed by the skis flying off ACL snapper!!! And last but not least, it's the massive concussion. Let's hold up that stretcher for the score. I think he might have a record. 0.35 YES!!!! THE WORST SCORE EVER IN ANY JUDGED OLYMPIC COMPETITION. HE'S DONE IT.

We also appreciate the Muirhead "hogline" controversy - takes some heat from the burned rock controversy. Who knew that they could be some many controversies in curling :)
My using a simple TV remote to switch it between malfunction mode and normal mode was genius if I do say so myself.

500m long track speed skating. Wasn't the race the combined time of TWO runs in the past? Like from 1998 to whenever?

We were watching the ice dancing but I didn't even notice that "wardrobe malfunction", but I know the announcers were talking about it.

:scared1: O.M.G - major wardrobe malfunction for the the French Ice Dancers. Nipple-gate 2018. At least this may take some heat off the Russian curling doper.
Did she really flash? I thought that things remained covered.

I have to say that Johnny Weir cracked me up with his outfit. He looked like he was on the Hunger Games.

Did she really flash? I thought that things remained covered.

I have to say that Johnny Weir cracked me up with his outfit. He looked like he was on the Hunger Games.
::yes:: Totally. I'm not sure what angle your coverage had but at the very end of the program where he dipped her back across his knee the, ahem, entire thing on the left-hand side was right out there. :sad1: My heart is breaking for her. CBC interviewed them right afterwards and she looked crushed. Major props to both of them for their poise though - extremely classy and I wish them well. :flower3:

::yes:: Totally. I'm not sure what angle your coverage had but at the very end of the program where he dipped her back across his knee the, ahem, entire thing on the left-hand side was right out there. :sad1: My heart is breaking for her. CBC interviewed them right afterwards and she looked crushed. Major props to both of them for their poise though - extremely classy and I wish them well. :flower3:
Poor thing. What a terrible thing to happen. I heard the coach was sewing the top closed right before so obviously they had problems before. I thought that she couldn’t wait to get back into the locker room and ball that horrible costume up and burn it.

She had issues with the dress in the team competition but it stayed up a bit more. They looked great and my heart absolutely broke for her, their coach is a former Canadian ice dancer and is just the sweetest human being ever. I thought Virtue and Moir were simply flawless. I cannot wait to see the long program!

There was also some controversy in last night’s men’s aerials finals. Aerials is one of the few winter sports that Australia is good at and we had high hopes for a medal from David Morris who had plans to pull out a quintuple twisting triple in the final round.

In the first round of finals the top 9 qualified through to the second round with 3 athletes eliminated. Morris definitely did not have a fantastic landing, but kept it under control and stayed on his feet and just needed one more jumper to score lower than him to progress. A Chinese athlete also had a rough landing and then lost control completely and ended up falling after a few metres. However, the judges scored both athletes the same on landing and the Chinese athlete progressed through and ended up winning a silver medal while the Aussie was eliminated.

Naturally, every Australian is now an armchair expert and we are all outraged! >:(

I saw the nipple flash last night and was really surprised it got shown. CBC says they are using the local feed and have no control but will edit it out of any replay. I feel bad for the skater but I think the social media reaction is a bit much.

Poor thing. What a terrible thing to happen. I heard the coach was sewing the top closed right before so obviously they had problems before. I thought that she couldn’t wait to get back into the locker room and ball that horrible costume up and burn it.
Such a shame and I thought the costume was beautiful! Am I the only one that thinks they should get points for lovely colours and the tasteful use of bling? :goodvibes

There was also some controversy in last night’s men’s aerials finals. Aerials is one of the few winter sports that Australia is good at and we had high hopes for a medal from David Morris who had plans to pull out a quintuple twisting triple in the final round.

In the first round of finals the top 9 qualified through to the second round with 3 athletes eliminated. Morris definitely did not have a fantastic landing, but kept it under control and stayed on his feet and just needed one more jumper to score lower than him to progress. A Chinese athlete also had a rough landing and then lost control completely and ended up falling after a few metres. However, the judges scored both athletes the same on landing and the Chinese athlete progressed through and ended up winning a silver medal while the Aussie was eliminated.

Naturally, every Australian is now an armchair expert and we are all outraged! >:(
Solidarity! That sucked for you guys. As long as you pose no threat to our curling medals, you have my full support! :thumbsup2
Australia-Canada.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter