Winter Rain: What to Expect?

TrolleyTrouble2713

Mouseketeer
I know there's a lot of pro Disney people on here, so I'm sure plenty of you have dealt with rain this time of year. I'm familiar with the trademark 2:30 downpour that pops up every day in Florida during the summer, but I've never been this time of year. Our Tuesday forecast is a fairly grim scattered showers with 84% cloud cover. Less than an inch of rain spread across most of the day with a 40-50% chance of precipitation. So what should I expect that to look like? A constant, fine mist? Periodic drizzles? A steady, light rain? Any of them would spoil the Christmas scenery in Magic Kingdom dramatically (and probably cancel the expensive parades and fireworks), but some scenarios are more manageable than others.

After several years of going in the winter, we have experienced one of what I consider a true downpour-lasted quite awhile too. We were soaked. I would expect something between periodic drizzle and steady light rain. It won't rain constantly.

After several years of going in the winter, we have experienced one of what I consider a true downpour-lasted quite awhile too. We were soaked. I would expect something between periodic drizzle and steady light rain. It won't rain constantly.
I think I'd still rather an hour downpour than never see the sun in MK. I suppose I won't know the extent of the damage until I see (or can't see due to smoke) the fireworks.

My experience for Nov rain in Orlando is that a lot is forecast but little materializes. We have had days that were 50% or higher probability that just turned into overcast days with some light showers.

It takes a lot to cancel the fireworks. Usually they delay them until there’s a break (or break enough) in the rain and then shoot. I’ve been there on a night (in May) when all three parks had their fireworks go off within 10 mins of each other.

Depends upon fronts coming through. Unlike summer where it usually rains every day in the afternoon, during the winter months, it usually only rains when a front moves in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!