~WISH Away The Pounds~ AMAZING APRIL 2014 Challenge! *All Welcome!*

QOTD for Friday, April 25, 2014:

IT'S FUN FRIDAY!!

What is your favorite "I feel AMAZING in this!" outfit? Is it.... Casual? Dressy? How often do you get to wear it? Got a photo to share???

BONUS QOTD:

Fill in the blank.......

When I think about Disney I feel __________________________.

My best day EVER at a Disney park would include _____________________.

OK so first the outfit: it doesn't really count as an outfit, but I have some Raghu old Levi's and I have old pictures of me I. Them, so chilled and relaxed, happy with myself, as in, much more self confident and really happy with my weight. I would buy a new pair I think if I got to that weight again. The old ones went up I to the attic years ago. Certainly 12 years anyhow.

Blanks... Enjoying family holidays at Disney makes me feel ecstatic. Like the definition of contented for me is Disney.

This hasn't happened yet and is probably unlikely to happen (as it would cost more than I could afford I suspect)... Weddings at Grand Flo wedding pavilion. Then a parade in the magic kingdom with the bride and groom and the family. This is of course my dream and not theirs!:beach:

I lost track of the whole PMing thing a while back and the month is just about over, so I am not going to bother attempting to figure out where I posted last. Anyway, I actually lost something this morning. So I have lost 1.6 for the MONTH and it is nearly over. :sad2::rolleyes: May will be tough since we are vacationing half of it, but que sera sera

fly by post--will spend more time tomorrow

Stacey:hug: so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and family and know that we will always be here!

:cool1: it does seem such a great effort, but as you say, worth it:goodvibes

It is worth it for sure -- just harder to remember sometimes! ;)

I lost track of the whole PMing thing a while back and the month is just about over, so I am not going to bother attempting to figure out where I posted last. Anyway, I actually lost something this morning. So I have lost 1.6 for the MONTH and it is nearly over. :sad2::rolleyes: May will be tough since we are vacationing half of it, but que sera sera

I know that you will have a blast on your vacation and if you can manage a maintain for vacation that would be a big win in my book! :thumbsup2

fly by post--will spend more time tomorrow

Hi Linda! :wave2: Hope you are not feeling too soggy. :umbrella:

Does anyone want to hostess the May thread? It may be time for us to think about going to the lighter chat format? I am going to be gone half the month so can't step up. Sorry! :flower3:

Oh Stacey, I am so so sorry about the events in your family! I do hope that you will be able to get through it all together and will be able to comfort each other! And I do hope that we will see you again here soon! But of course, take your time to heal and don't worry about May!

---

Speaking about May - I am away for most of the month, so can't take on coaching. But I will be back for June and am all set to coach then! Just in case anyone wonders why I am not active in May... I will be on vacation for four glorious weeks!

Sorry that I haven't been around much. Trip preparation kind of took over. That included trying to get fit and in shape for the trip. Unfortunately despite strong efforts that did not work out as well as I hoped. While I completed six weeks of Body Revolutions and felt like I was working my butt off, the fat did not melt. Remember how I ditched the scale three weeks ago. Well, I started stepping on it again on Thursday - when it showed me being 3.5 pounds down since starting the program (that's six weeks) and then today it had me up 2.5 pounds from Thursday, so that would be a loss of one pound in six weeks when I not only kept working out (and tried to keep up my other activity as well) and was keeping very well within my points with WW ( I think I missed tracking about 6 days out of 6 weeks and those weren't over the top splurge days either). ARGGGG!!! This is so frustrating. And it kind of seems to confirm that while exercise reshapes my body, if I want to lose fat I can only do it when I don't exercise. I just don't get it!!! And now, I don't think I built up muscle to the extent that this is the reason for not having lost much. I might have gained half a pound in muscle and that would be much.

Anyway - the only thing that kind of comforts me is that at least I did everything that I could do. I really enjoyed working out, it made me feel strong.

But I am scared of my vacation. I was looking forward to indulge a bit. Now I feel really scared that after 4 weeks of vacation (and two weeks of that on a cruise ship) will have me at my highest weight of the decade afterwards. If I don't loose eating a number of points for weight loss and working out - what will happen if I eat "normally"??? For me part of vacation is enjoying good food. Well, I have packed my running shoes and my running clothes and I intend to go for regular runs. Maybe that will at least reduce the damage that is going to happen.

Thanks for letting me rant!

I might pop in tomorrow to wish you all a successful and happy (it seems that we all can need good things happening in our lives right now!!) May, if I don't get around, then see this post as my "See you all in June" post! :goodvibes

Oh Stacey, I am so so sorry about the events in your family! I do hope that you will be able to get through it all together and will be able to comfort each other! And I do hope that we will see you again here soon! But of course, take your time to heal and don't worry about May!

---

Speaking about May - I am away for most of the month, so can't take on coaching. But I will be back for June and am all set to coach then! Just in case anyone wonders why I am not active in May... I will be on vacation for four glorious weeks!

Sorry that I haven't been around much. Trip preparation kind of took over. That included trying to get fit and in shape for the trip. Unfortunately despite strong efforts that did not work out as well as I hoped. While I completed six weeks of Body Revolutions and felt like I was working my butt off, the fat did not melt. Remember how I ditched the scale three weeks ago. Well, I started stepping on it again on Thursday - when it showed me being 3.5 pounds down since starting the program (that's six weeks) and then today it had me up 2.5 pounds from Thursday, so that would be a loss of one pound in six weeks when I not only kept working out (and tried to keep up my other activity as well) and was keeping very well within my points with WW ( I think I missed tracking about 6 days out of 6 weeks and those weren't over the top splurge days either). ARGGGG!!! This is so frustrating. And it kind of seems to confirm that while exercise reshapes my body, if I want to lose fat I can only do it when I don't exercise. I just don't get it!!! And now, I don't think I built up muscle to the extent that this is the reason for not having lost much. I might have gained half a pound in muscle and that would be much.

I was please to see your post, but I can share your concern when reading about the weight loss programme. Here is something I thought of though: remember when you said that clothes felt like they were fitting differently? Is this still a change for you? I have battled with the scale since I upped my exercise, but clothes do seem baggier, loose, but not hanging off me, just a small change I noticed. The other thing that I am sure is happening is that the body hangs on to water when you exercise a lot because it needs to use it to cool the body with perspiration ( this is not formal research, just my thoughts), but my weight can fluctuate like that every day certainly with 2-3 lbs. so I started measuring on the scale on Mondays and Fridays only, but some people suggest leaving it the week, or even 2 weeks.

Anyway - the only thing that kind of comforts me is that at least I did everything that I could do. I really enjoyed working out, it made me feel strong.

:cool1: absolutely you did!

But I am scared of my vacation. I was looking forward to indulge a bit. Now I feel really scared that after 4 weeks of vacation (and two weeks of that on a cruise ship) will have me at my highest weight of the decade afterwards. If I don't loose eating a number of points for weight loss and working out - what will happen if I eat "normally"??? For me part of vacation is enjoying good food. Well, I have packed my running shoes and my running clothes and I intend to go for regular runs. Maybe that will at least reduce the damage that is going to happen.

maybe aim to walk a bit off, take a pace measure with you. 1 mile flat walk at an even pace is 100 calories, that is my estimate - so if you are tempted by that dessert, you can calculate what you need to do. If that is what you want to do. Remember how you helped me this last three weeks, I have been on holiday and I have managed to lose a little bit with your support and advice - you can do it too:)

I just hope you have a fab break and a wonderful cruise. Our planner arrived in the post today for our August 2015 cruise - it was so exciting, and yours is so close now :banana: enjoy!

Thanks for letting me rant!

I might pop in tomorrow to wish you all a successful and happy (it seems that we all can need good things happening in our lives right now!!) May, if I don't get around, then see this post as my "See you all in June" post! :goodvibes

have a wonderful time. Look forward to catching up with you soon :yay:

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry that I haven't been on the boards in a couple of weeks. My brother passed away very unexpectedly in the same week that mother, who is the breadwinner of the family, lost her job, also very unexpectedly and it has been very hard on the whole family.

You guys have been supportive of me at my lowest and I'm so sorry that I forgot about coaching, and I'm sorry to say that I am not going to be able to host next month. I've been spending every moment with family that I can and if it wasn't for Lisa reminding me about May (which I genuinely appreciate) I wouldn't have even remembered to come back on here.

I'll try to get back on here later this year when things are more settled, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring.

All my best,

Stacey

So sorry to hear of all the loss and stress in your life right now. I hope that you are doing the best you can and getting through day by day. Sometimes that's all we can do. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I am still here lurking whenever I can. I graduate from college in 2 weeks and am on mandatory OT right now but still finding time for exercise, which is different than the past. Numbers don't look great for April, but I feel and look a lot better, so overall happy.

Hi guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't been on the boards in a couple of weeks. My brother passed away very unexpectedly in the same week that mother, who is the breadwinner of the family, lost her job, also very unexpectedly and it has been very hard on the whole family. You guys have been supportive of me at my lowest and I'm so sorry that I forgot about coaching, and I'm sorry to say that I am not going to be able to host next month. I've been spending every moment with family that I can and if it wasn't for Lisa reminding me about May (which I genuinely appreciate) I wouldn't have even remembered to come back on here. I'll try to get back on here later this year when things are more settled, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring. All my best, Stacey
Stacey take care and sending out prayers and hugs to you and your family.

QOTD for Friday, April 25, 2014: IT'S FUN FRIDAY!! What is your favorite "I feel AMAZING in this!" outfit? Is it.... Casual? Dressy? How often do you get to wear it? Got a photo to share??? BONUS QOTD: Fill in the blank....... When I think about Disney I feel __________________________. My best day EVER at a Disney park would include _____________________.

I missed Friday but. I Love my black dress pants and my black/gray scoop neck top and my little heels!! I wear it about every two weeks. Um no photo.

Happy Happy Happy LOL
My family and friends all watching wishes with me!!

Stacey, I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss - what a blow that has to be. Sending you lots of love and comfort , and I hope we'll see you back here soon.

XO
Liz

K guys, y'all need to keep me honest this week and into May. I have 2 5Ks in 2 days in the middle of May and I want to do well.
May 17 is a wounded warrior run and since hubby was in the Navy and my BFF's hubby is in the Air Force, this is close to my heart. May 18 is the memorial run for DS's teammate, his family uses the money to buy AED's for athletic programs and schools. This one is hard for me, it's 75% uphill. It's hard!

Anyway, I need to get my food under control too. I have avoided weigh ins with my coach for 2 weeks. I know I have lost nothing since the last time I saw her. I can't go Monday because we have a bunch of appts so I will be going May 5. I want to be down at least 4 pounds by then.

So I will be in for May for sure! I need a moving buddy!!!

Stacey, take care of your self hon. I'm so sorry about your brother. Many hugs to you!!
Please let us know if we can do anything.

If you need someone to host in May I will do it. My new dr is worried about my bp. It is usually pretty good here at the house but she wants me to call her in 2weeks and see her in a month so it might help me if I coach.

Stacey I am so sorry that you are going through all this.

So hasn't been a great month, but not bad either... started the month at 212 with a month end goal of 200, won't get close as Friday weighed 206.. 6 pounds is ok, guess I will take it.. end game is still college weight of 180, those 25 years seem so long ago... :)

On a personal note, mostly ok, but if you recall I was the one with the out of state girlfriend whose soon to be ex killed himself and she is going thru some major problems... that's not getting better, we are drifting further apart, love her to death, but maybe too many hurdles... she says he still loves me, but just can't talk to me right now...

And the Cubs still can't score runs... :)

I am so going to start this in May! Sounds like great motivation. We aren't going to Disney until February 2016 but I know I can be at goal by then (I'd like to lose around 50 pounds, maybe a little more). My goal is to be able to wear tank tops and shorts and not be embarrassed about it, as well as being able to keep up with my kids, who will be 6 and 3 when we go.

See you guys in a few days :woohoo:

Good morning all! Here is your weekend question of the day a day late! So sorry!
QOTD for Sunday April 27, 2014:

Fill in the blanks....

My favorite HEALTHIER ethnic food is _________________________.

My favorite form of FUN exercise/activity is _____________________.

My favorite volunteer activity is ________________________________.

The mot environmentally friendly thing I do daily is ____________________________.

Magdalene, have a wonderful time on your vacation! :goodvibes

I'm sorry your hard work wasn't reflected in the numbers on the scale -- just because you can't quantify it doesn't mean that good changes aren't happening! :flower3:

Thanks for hostessing the June challenge! :thanks:

I am still here lurking whenever I can. I graduate from college in 2 weeks and am on mandatory OT right now but still finding time for exercise, which is different than the past. Numbers don't look great for April, but I feel and look a lot better, so overall happy.

Congratulations to the soon-to-be graduate! :cool2:

I missed Friday but. I Love my black dress pants and my black/gray scoop neck top and my little heels!! I wear it about every two weeks. Um no photo.

Who doesn't love a little black dress? :love:

Nice to see you, Michelle! :flower3:

K guys, y'all need to keep me honest this week and into May. I have 2 5Ks in 2 days in the middle of May and I want to do well.
May 17 is a wounded warrior run and since hubby was in the Navy and my BFF's hubby is in the Air Force, this is close to my heart. May 18 is the memorial run for DS's teammate, his family uses the money to buy AED's for athletic programs and schools. This one is hard for me, it's 75% uphill. It's hard!

Anyway, I need to get my food under control too. I have avoided weigh ins with my coach for 2 weeks. I know I have lost nothing since the last time I saw her. I can't go Monday because we have a bunch of appts so I will be going May 5. I want to be down at least 4 pounds by then.

So I will be in for May for sure! I need a moving buddy!!!

Buffy, I have faith in you that you will do great at your races no matter what the number on the scale says! ::yes::

If you need someone to host in May I will do it. My new dr is worried about my bp. It is usually pretty good here at the house but she wants me to call her in 2weeks and see her in a month so it might help me if I coach.

That would be wonderful if you would host the May challenge, Dona! :thanks:

I would be happy to coach any time after May 5th.

So hasn't been a great month, but not bad either... started the month at 212 with a month end goal of 200, won't get close as Friday weighed 206.. 6 pounds is ok, guess I will take it.. end game is still college weight of 180, those 25 years seem so long ago... :)

Sorry for your troubles! :flower3: A six pound loss for a month is a great one! ::yes::

I am so going to start this in May! Sounds like great motivation. We aren't going to Disney until February 2016 but I know I can be at goal by then (I'd like to lose around 50 pounds, maybe a little more). My goal is to be able to wear tank tops and shorts and not be embarrassed about it, as well as being able to keep up with my kids, who will be 6 and 3 when we go.

See you guys in a few days :woohoo:

:welcome: Feel free to chat here in the mean time too.

Good morning all! Here is your weekend question of the day a day late! So sorry!
QOTD for Sunday April 27, 2014:

Fill in the blanks....

My favorite HEALTHIER ethnic food is Thai food.

My favorite form of FUN exercise/activity is running (run/walking).

My favorite volunteer activity is working at school.

The mot environmentally friendly thing I do daily is recycle

Thanks for hostessing this month, Pamela! :flower3:

I am doing a 5 mile race this morning. This is the fifth time I've done this race so I hope that is good mojo for a PR. :cool2:

Good morning friends :) I have missed everyone! I honestly just need a break from the weight & exercise stuff for a bit when my schedule got more hectic. We were to the point where my kids had some sort of practice, lesson, or game 6 days out of the week! It's slowed down a bit (now only 5 days lol) and I'm much more organized, so I'm ready for May. I haven't read this thread but wanted to pop in and say hi. I will see everyone in May...I need to get back into the weight loss groove :) Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!