~WISH Away The Pounds~ AMAZING APRIL 2014 Challenge! *All Welcome!*

where has this month gone? wow I've really lost touch here and sad about that!

Woohoo Wed -- well I'm so proud of myself for getting a challenge going between us girls going to Vegas (in 10 days but who's counting) and sticking to my food journaling this month!!! that is HUGE for me!!

see ya over in the may thread! :wave:

Great job sticking with the food journaling! I awarded a 50 pound medal to one of my members last night and she said tracking her food has been the KEY to her success this time!

Have a WONDERFUL time in Vegas~!! ......................P

Thank you Pamela.:goodvibes
The puppies name is Jessie. She is pretty awesome, too smart actually. She has had some health issues so she can't go to doggie daycare and no matter what we do she manages to get her crate open. So I have been coming home from work to some surprises. :)

Be sure to lock up your shoes! Jessie is a GREAT name! Hopefully puppy classes will help.

Congrats on your run! It is a great feeling of accomplishment.

It definitely FELT like an accomplishment, after being away from any distance for a long time. It was only 2 miles, but my time was acceptable.

We did not get the bad storms this time, thank goodness! My sister is in NC and she said it was quite crazy there yesterday.

Prayers that she stays safe!

Ok, I am still very proud of the fact that I have not had a diet soda since Jan 2010. But I am having trouble coming up with something positive for this year.

On the negative side, I have started drinking regular coke way too regularly.
So by my estimates if I consumed 36 ounces a week over the last year, that is 21840 calories or 6.24 pounds! And I might be conservative with my consumption. I have that nasty sugar craving and I can tell my body is just so unhappy with me. It is just so stinking addictive!!

But I gave up DC cold turkey, so that is what I am doing with regular coke. Had my last one on Monday. This is going to be painful, I think.:(

The sugar withdrawal AND the caffeine withdrawal will be tough.... but you are stronger than that soda pop! Be sure to have some headache remedies at hand and perhaps even enjoy an adult beverage in the evening as a reward to skipping the cola.

Thank you Michelle!
I like your mantra. :)
This quote was posted on the exercise thread and I really liked it. I compare myself way too much--I compare to how I used to be, how I'd like to be and to others--and it is not productive.
Comparison is the Thief of Joy

LOVE that quote.... SO TRUE! I was ready to lament about how my "measly" 2 mile run was nothing compared to the 5-6 good miles I was doing a few summers ago.... but I stopped myself and remembered to be happy with the NOW!

Hmmm, I did not wait until May to get back on the wagon. :)

YEAHHHHH!!:banana:
Hope everyone has a great last day of April! I am off today, though I have to go to a work lunch. Not eating (don't feel like dealing with the gf thing) so I will have a tea. Meal planning is on my agenda for the day and laundry. We have puppy training class tonight. :)

Hope the training classes are fun! Give Jessie some Disboard love from us!

Okay ladies and gents.... it seems like it is time to make the BIG MOVE to May! It has truly been a PLEASURE and an HONOR being your hostess for April. It was a quiet month, and we didn't have big crazy losses, but it was nice to know that so many of us just continue to TRY HARD and DO OUR BEST! I'll pop in here over the next few days to see if there is any residual chatter and to make sure that everyone has made the move to May successfully. I'll also update page one if there are any last minute changes that anyone would like to add. Otherwise, see you on the shiny new May thread!..................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter