Wish! Day 1!!

arctic_angel

Earning My Ears
I AM beginning a new life style today!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I started a low carb menu today and began walking as well. I have read many of these posts and am very inspired! I have tried soooo many "diets" without success and just keep getting bigger. :( I feel comfort in these posts and have learned many helpful tips already. Thank you in advance for any support!!!!!!!! To think that browsing in one of my favorite topics (Disney) could bring me to this area that may change my life!! I am psyched!!!:hyper:

Welcome, Angel!!!

I'm eating low-carb also. I've dropped 10 pounds since taking the WISH challenge in late August. You won't find a better place for support and information than WISH!

Good luck and hang in there! The first couple days on low-carb can be tough. If you're having any problems, feel free to post on the WISH board and there are lots of us who can help you out.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, helping you through the rough times (we all have them!) and celebrating your success.

Welcome to WISH! It's a great idea to keep a journal here. You can write down your thoughts, frustrations, goals, and accomplishments. You can record your menus and get some good feedback.

Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. Join a challenge if you want. It's lots of fun and gives you something to look forward to.

Best of all, you'll have lots of support. I'm doing low carb, too.

NancyJ:wave2:

Thanks for the support Doe and NancyJ! :D This is much harder than I anticipated!! I don't think I have enough "snacks" and meals planned out ahead of time. Plus DH isn't being very supportive!! :mad: He is testing me with my favorite chips and a cold beer!!! Does anyone have any tips for people who are trying to sabatage my plan?!?

Hi artic angel! Welcome to the wonderful world of journaling. I really enjoy being able to write my thoughts, frustrations and accomplishments each day. I know you will too. I'm so sorry your DH is not being supportive. I've been eating low carbs for two weeks as part of the South Beach Diet. Now I'm moving to Phase II and adding back good carbs slowly and boy is this harder than I thought. I actually feel like I'm getting almost "high" on the few items I've added back today! Crazy I know. I guess that's why it is suggested you add these items back gradually.

My DH is on the program with me so I don't have him working against me which is a blessing. I do have members of my family who don't appear to be supportive either in their comments or actions on purpose or without malice. I can't figure out which sometimes. I think the first step has to come from within you (or me as the case may be). We have to decide first off that we are not going to let others dictate what we put in our mouths. I am by no means an expert on this new way of life but I have been in several situations where I have felt very tempted to eat illegal foods. I mean I can't expect the world (family, co-workers and outright strangers not to eat tempting goodies just because I've made a choice to eat differently). That was the first step for me.

The second step is to keep yourself satisfied with your program. Are you doing SBD or Atkins or some other program? I ask because with SBD you eat 3 meals a day, 2 snacks a day and dessert. I am finding that I am actually eating whether I'm actually hungry or not. It may sound bizzare but if I let myself get real hungry, that will spell disaster for me so I pretty much try to eat every 3-4 hours. Also I keep an emergency ration of nuts or a cheese stick in my purse so that when others are enjoying a snack or I smell something that will trigger me wanting to eat, I have my snack. This strategy worked great for me when I was at my sister's house and they were snacking on fresh popped kettel corn. I just pulled out my cheese stick and at first they giggled but I think they respect me for sticking to my program.

Maybe if your DH sees you are totally serious and committed to this way of life and it's not just a passing fad, he will be more supportive. Sorry to be so long-winded. I hope some of this helps you out! I look forward to reading more of your journal entries.

Welcome to WISH. Keeping a journal is a great way to stay on track. I'm sorry your DH isn't being supportive. Sometimes they don't realize they are doing it. Let him know that this is hard, but something you are committed to. The first few days are the worst, but it does get to be a routine. String cheese has been my snack of choice, tasty and portable! I'll keep an eye out for your journal. Good Luck!
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter