"WISH strong enough & BELIEVE hard enough....

Be sure and look for me at POP and MNSSHP! I plan on having a LGMH on my bag! :goodvibes

You'll be the one carrying the binder:thumbsup2
We (Jenn & I ) will have our Lime Green Dis Shirts (that I am currently working on)eventually . Thank you got reminding me to make something to hang from clothing.

Are you getting to that REALLY excited stage yet? This weekend has been the point where I am really feeling it. Enough to start pulling down the suitcases.

Thanks for visiting my pre-trippie!I will be watching for you and your beautiful family!

I am a little disapointed in myself. As one who prides herself as a planner how could I have started a Pre-trip and not at have done somewhat of an outline. Now as I review what I have put to keyboard I realize *ohh* I should have said this here and included that there. What a control freak!
:confused3

Our last two DL trips we pin traded. DD is quite shy and this practise really encourages her to interact. As with prior trips we ordered a pin lot on Ebay. Let me say whoaa... have the prices ever increased over the past few years and you really have to be cognizant that you are not getting imposter traders! When we get home from our trips we mount our conquests in shadow boxes that we pass by and look at dreamily wishing for our next Disney vacation.

2134870820035489037S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2791429310035489037S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As Jenn said there was a Sunday morning where with Two Ipods loaded with the Disney Dining Application, A Disney Passporter and Two Unofficial Disneyworld guides we sat down and filled in the spreadsheet that Jenn has created. The Disney Dining Ipod app was so helpful when having to choose ADR's for five people that incldes two picky eaters.

We were so proud of the finished spreadsheet. We figure that all of us should have a copy and as I show it to DH I get a "Holy %$#&...you know this is a vacation right?! It is a halfhearted protest. Deep inside I know he is relieved that someone else has "thunk" it all out.

[/URL

My next project sits beside me now awaiting attention. I bought two lime green t-shirts for Jenn & I and I need to "Dis-board" them somehow. What a color! Can't complain though...it's a favourite of my gal :tinker:

Oh wow! A spreadsheet! That is such a great idea!

You are doing quite well on your own for planning a first visit. I hope it is everything you are dreaming.
You and your boyfriend would really hit off with DS & DDil as far as the Disney Scene It. They are unrivaled here.
They too are going back next year for 17 days and are really looking forward to the Harry Potter opening.

Pu together a couple of transfers theproducing two Dis Shirts for Jenn and I today. The pictures do not do justice to how lime green the really are

2046348450035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2473244620035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well I don't know how to start.

The first Disney trip I went on I knew nothing about pin trading, when I got there and saw them, I knew I had to have them.

This is our first attempt on our first trip:

We shared this lanyard, bought pins we liked and traded some as well

This is BJ's lanyard from our 2nd trip:

If you can't tell it's mostly Stitch. He's pretty much an open book;) We traded some pins bought in lots and bought some also. If you think it's wierd he has Princess Minnie on his lanyard, it isn't, he doesn't have some wierd fettish. He plays the Kingdom Hearts game and that's how Minnie is dressed which was the only thing he could find remotely close to Kingdom Hearts

This is my masterpiece:

This last trip we went on my birthday so Don bought me the Peter Pan birthday pin, Diana bought me the ToT one as a token of courage because I went on it again and didn't cry this time:woohoo: We collected all of the Pirate/Mickey gang ones by trading and managed to find the whole set, Jack sure talked alot about the Jack/Mickey one when I went to see him, He thought it was creepy but I love my pins!

I think I've had my suitcase out since the day we booked our trip, I kept putting the "WDW Stuff" in it so I wouldn't lose it because I lose everything!! Here's my kitty sitting on my DBF's suitcase which is the only one were bringing:

As Diana said we started our mousekeeping envelopes early, when I purchased a cricut expression here are my envelopes:

We did make the window decorations early and also the tshirts last week. I was proud of the photoshop work I did with the tshirts. I think they turned out pretty good.

Diana mentioned that we were going as fairies for MNSSHP and here is the before photo of my costume, I'll be sure to post a picture when it's finished:

And the Autograph Book! I had chosen to get a hard cover one while Diana chose the soft cover. Here's the front:

And some inside pages:

Also a little notebook to write about my day. I had to look in a million stores to find a disney themed notebook! I was suprised how hard it was to find:

Your mousekeeping envelopes really are so much better...but I don't know if I am inspired enough to start again.

I have laughed off that we are going during hurricane season but given recent weather I broke down and bought a palm sized umbrella to carry in parks. It will take up less space than packing a weeks worth of poncho's.

I know others have said they did not take out trip insurance and would ride out weather. That being said we bought the insurance and it would take a whole lot more than a hurricane to postpone. I simply cannot wait any longer than 32 days..13 hours...19 min...18 seconds:dogdance:

I think you need to start laying out the plan in detail.

oh and...

29 DAYS

I promised myself I would try to not to engage in planning gear this past weekend. Can I not go 48 hours?
Apparently not!

I tried to sleep in (I am up at 5 am for work weekdays). This did not work so I thought "Read a little Dis for awhile.
Someone was posting the virtues of Dis Ipod apps of which I love the ones I run. We made all our dining ADR's using app Walt Disney Diding guide.

One poster talked about the handiness of Mouse Memo and I knew I had to have it. .99 cents later I am programming in all our flights, hotels, ME, ADR's and events. Allnow at the touch of my IPOD-love this:yay:

I have not yet finished my cup of coffee when I read that I can do this to my IPOD
2608584750035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and this

Now I am loving my IPOD:woohoo:

I think you need to start laying out the plan in detail.

OK Jenn and fellow Dis-ers what do you think of our first time plans?
Monday 21
-Arrive at Pop around 10
-Pick up AP's for DS &Dd-il
-Blizzard Waterpark for a few hours
- DT Disney perhaps Earl of Sandwich for Dinner (OOP)

Tuesday 22
-Magic Kingdom Day with MNSSHP this evening. At this point I am debating taking costumes into park and storing in locker or taking short break and going back to POP and dressing there.
-Only must do's today are HM and Hallowishes.
-Brunch CS El Pireta y el Perico because early dinner..
-Crystal Palace 3:20 (not so bad since we will still be on west coast time:thumbsup2

Wednesday 23
Epcot Day must do's:
Mission Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth,Journey-Imagine, Club Cool and of course Illuminations.
-lunch Yakitori house (hopefully not a mistake?!)
-dinner Tutto Italia

Thursday 24
Magic Kingdom 2
must do's- Fairies M&G, Splash, Tiki Room, Monsters Inc, Stitches Great Escape:confused3 (DS favorite charactor)
-Lunch Peco Bills Tall Tale
-Dinner 1900 Park Fare

Friday 25
Hollywood Studios Day
Must Do's-TSM, B&B show, Indy show, Animation Studio,TOT, RNR , One Man's Dream, Hollywood Studios & Fantasmic (have not seen a full show in 3 attempts at Disneyland...are we cursed?)
-Lunch SciFi
-Dinner Backlot Express(?)

Sat 26
Animal Kingdom Day
Must Do's- Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Kali River, Finsing Nemo, Dinosaur, Festival Lion King, MJJP
Lunch Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner @ Poly

Sunday 27
Epcot Day 2
Must Do's: Kim Possible, Maelstrom
Lunch- Sunshine Studios
Dinner- Biergarten

Monday 28
-Check out (late afternoon flight)
-Downtown Disney or any park we need to revisit
-Lunch Wolfgang Puck Express.

Thats it. We realize with 3 ( of 5) small appetites that we may do some meal sharing gain credits and "try" applying these sit downs on any chance opening s that come up. gasp we may have to *wing* a few things:eek:

No readers...so many pre-trips to peruse.
That being said I am not blue because I received two wonderful blue envelopes today

2830647480035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Inside are all our vouchers and our Disney World Luggage tags.
Once again a wonderful topper to a challenging day.

I was getting overly paranoid reading others posts who were saying that their ADR's were lost or dropped or cancelled.
*Gasp* that is enough to send an over planner into a panic. I am one of those who "hates to bother" people unneccessarily so I contemplated battle with the Disney Webpages in leiu of calling the operators. Battle I say because I cannot seem to navigate their site without glitches and the slew of profanity that accompanies having to log on dozens of times.
Imagine my utter delight when I am able to pull up all of our ADR's thus reassuring myself (and ultimately D-Dil) that all is well on the dining front.:hmghost: I should but a lottery ticket today.

My trip to Arkansas in June and prvious trips to Disneyland had me worrying about roaming cell phone charges. It cost us hundreds on the last trip.
I visited the Canadian planning forum and am going to take the advise of fellow Canadian dis-ers and buy a couple of "disposable " cell phones. As soon as we cross the border we will visit either Walmart of Target in Bellingham and buy 2 Net10 phones, charge them and activate them in Florida . 300 minutes will be plenty for short calls and texting. For $19-$29 a phone the savings will be well worth it.

On the MNSSHP planning front DD and grandmom finished DD costume. As I have said she wants to be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2 game (Disney for Playstation).

2242187020035489037S200x200Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She had her heart set. The costume fininshed only slightly resembles the charactors. While I wish she had chosen something more easily identifiable, she is happy with it and it didn't cost $125 like the Cosplay version on Ebay.
I still have concerns about DH King of Hearts costume being overly heavy and bulky to pack. I tried to talk him into a MNNSHP t-shirt but he is actually questioning whether it would be lame to go not in costume. With him this willing to dress up I don't want to burst the bubble telling him there will be many "undressed". Still have to think this one out:scratchin

Hope eveyone elses plans are falling into place!

Every once in a while I go onto Airtran webpage checking our itinary. Probably, OK, totally unneccessary because the one minor change they made they emailed me twice. At booking in Feb we did not want to pay the $6 per person seat saver and were going to chance trying to sit together. I panicked today with not many seats left adjacent. I bit the bullet and paid. I did however get to apply a $25 coupon. The really unfair part is I booked direct through Airtran and had to pay for priority seating and others who booked through Canoe got their seats for free.:crazy2:

On a lighter note. On our last trip to Disneyland it was rare for us to pass a Churro cart without one of us breaking down. Ah those lovely red carts:goodvibes

2083214100035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had the deep fryer out for the first time in years. "What could we fry?". Well why not try our hand at Churros? These turned out to be the funniest, punniest little things but darn if they didn't "taste like Disney." Had to share our little triumph.

2007885610035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DH and I had the conversation regarding MNSSHP and my concern about his heavy costume. I mean it has fur on it!
Check him out in the back row. Our house haunt last year was a twisted Alice in Wonderland theme

2171167590035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We have started putting together an Indiana look for him sans the leather jacket though. It will be casual and comfortable. He's happy. I'm happy. Hey that never happens!

I envy those who just wing trips but the planner in me; OK, aka the worrier in me needs to see things in print.

We checked the Ferry Schedules for our departure day (to head to Seatac airport). Sunday in the slow season means first ferry is not until 10:15. Jenn & I envisioned having to wait a couple of hours for the next one and then a wait at the border with Sunday shoppers heading south.

So BC Ferry Corp just made the extra $15 dollar off me to secure a reservation. Watch it now sail half empty!

Back from the doctor today. Foot is looking like it is healing but my knee is worse off. Hoping I can do this trip pretty pain free....

And on the subject of pain my Disney Trip purchase of the day is: Body Glide ($12.95 canadian).
I bought a stick of Body Glide at my local Running Store. It is a non greasy body lubricant to stop rubbing & chafing that causes blisters on feet, in the cleavage on legs...
its going to be our hot weather friend.

Excitement is pallatible and our bodies sensing this must go into panic mode and biologically speaking; fail us!

Yes we are two weeks out and with every trip we book this is the time that we become our pharmacists most dedicated customers. Three days ago I woke up with half of my head congested. Boom* just like that. Four of my travelling party followed suit. All of us are immediatly on Cold FX and vitamin C.
2040479000035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Booster juice has become my lunch ritual "Scuse me can you double that immunity booster and throw in a shot of wheat juice" hmm yumm:headache::drinking1

I really think we are making headway and will not be dealing with congestion on our flight. Better now then later. We will not be one of those families relagated to sleeping away our vacation in our resort room....please:worship:

SOOO, thats where my passporter is!!! That scoundrel, Tink must have taken it!! :tinker: I was packing and couldn't find it, then I remembered after seeing this that I lent it to you!! Yes I think I will be picking up some vitamin C to take with my cold fx. Also here are some pics I took while I was trying to keep the boredom away!

Wall-E showing off my new sunglasses

Wall-E trying to cheat and sign my autograph book before Disney

Wall-E sneaking into my luggage

My ADORABLE minature dachsund Sid with Wall-E

And Sid trying to chew Wall-E's arm off...

14 DAYS..YEAH!

actually 13 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes...
DH and I went shopping for the remaining pieces of his MNSSHP costume. I am happy to see him "getting into it" now. He was the one who insisted that his sandals would not be in charactor for his Indy costume and he needed to buy brown shoes. We watched the third Indiana Jones movie tonight and laughed because he really does resemble Indy's dad, Dr Henry Jones.
Sorry for the blurry pic

2291872020035489037S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DD11 has naturally curly hair and after reading so many posts of curly girls fighting sproinging hair in the humidity we decided to make an appointment a couple of days prior to departure and have her hair cornrowed. She is stoked to be eliminating the daily hair effort....ahh and I know this is going to save precious minutes towards rope drops. Win-Win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter