Wishes really do come true part deux!

loganpaulsmom

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
My name is Christine, I just turned 40 and I have decided to do a Ptr for my second " wishes really do come true" trip this coming April. Our trip begins on April 17th and ends on the 24th. We got great flights out of Boston on JetBlue and we are staying at the BC. ( our first time here).
Cast of characters: Me.. I have loved Disney since I was 7 years old. This trip will b lucky number 13. I am calling this my second dreams come true trip because last year we planned the most amazing trip( split trip 4 nights bwi and 4 nights at the poly). It was everything I could have asked for and more.. Because it was just 6 months after I had been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer and had gone through 3 surgeries in 3 weeks. And it really was the first thing that we were able to do after hubby having just been back to work after being laid off for over 10 months.so we never thought we would be going again within a year.. But, being sick you learn 1 thing.. Life really is too short!! So here we are again!!:banana:
Hubby:Doug.. He just turned 41(yesterday) and loves Disney as much as I do and realizes that we probably only have a few more years where our son will want to go with us as much as we want to take him..
Son. Logan.. Our fiesty sweet handsome 6 year old. He loves Disney and this will b his third time in 6 years ( I know he is one lucky 6 year old)..
This time around I have tried to not over plan.. Staying at the BC I think the we will want to spend a lot of time at the pool.. So this time around I have only scheduled 6 ressies.. Also, since we are going over spring break believe it or not I have ALOT of friends tht will b in Disney the same time, so we won't to accommodate some time spent with Them as well..
I hope that you will come along on this journey with me.. I love to show my family off and our love of Disney.. Sty tuned for the pictures!!!

Hi all!
My name is Christine, I just turned 40 and I have decided to do a Ptr for my second " wishes really do come true" trip this coming April. Our trip begins on April 17th and ends on the 24th. We got great flights out of Boston on JetBlue and we are staying at the BC. ( our first time here).
Cast of characters: Me.. I have loved Disney since I was 7 years old. This trip will b lucky number 13. I am calling this my second dreams come true trip because last year we planned the most amazing trip( split trip 4 nights bwi and 4 nights at the poly). It was everything I could have asked for and more.. Because it was just 6 months after I had been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer and had gone through 3 surgeries in 3 weeks. And it really was the first thing that we were able to do after hubby having just been back to work after being laid off for over 10 months.so we never thought we would be going again within a year.. But, being sick you learn 1 thing.. Life really is too short!! So here we are again!!:banana:
Hubby:Doug.. He just turned 41(yesterday) and loves Disney as much as I do and realizes that we probably only have a few more years where our son will want to go with us as much as we want to take him..
Son. Logan.. Our fiesty sweet handsome 6 year old. He loves Disney and this will b his third time in 6 years ( I know he is one lucky 6 year old)..
This time around I have tried to not over plan.. Staying at the BC I think the we will want to spend a lot of time at the pool.. So this time around I have only scheduled 6 ressies.. Also, since we are going over spring break believe it or not I have ALOT of friends tht will b in Disney the same time, so we won't to accommodate some time spent with Them as well..
I hope that you will come along on this journey with me.. I love to show my family off and our love of Disney.. Sty tuned for the pictures!!!

Wow Christine sounds like a great trip you have planned!
I talked to you briefly once or twice on the April thread I think.
I know what you mean about wanting to take your son while he still wants to go. I think that's why I only want to vacation in Disney b/c I know one day will come where they don't want to go anymore :sad1:. I really thought that day was this year when we asked my 14 almost 15 yo if he wanted to go again this yr. He said of course I do!!!! So with Logan being only 6 I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful magical years ahead of you.
Looking forward to hearing about your plans since the BC is my favorite resort and we'll be in WDW almost the same time.
Do you mind saying what you got for flights b/c I looked into jetblue too.

Deb:)

yay.. a follower!! thanks for coming along for the journey Deb..I have lots of plans.. (well actually im trying NOT to have lots of plans, lol) I can't wait for the BC.. Logan is excited about it and since we did the Poly last year it was a no brainer for us to choose BC.. I think Logan will always have a love for Disney.. At least, that is what I am hoping!
Oh when are you going?? we are so looking forward to the vacation. We actually know ALOT of people that are going to be there.. So, I think I am going to be meeting friends, here there and everywhere!
So we booked our flights about 4 months ago.. I knew they were going to go up.. So we got Non-stop on Jet blue and we paid with taxes and everything just a little over $1000 for all 3 of us.. however, we had to change our original plans which were for the week before.. that would have cost up $2100:scared1:.. So, it was a no brainer to change..

yay.. a follower!! thanks for coming along for the journey Deb..I have lots of plans.. (well actually im trying NOT to have lots of plans, lol) I can't wait for the BC.. Logan is excited about it and since we did the Poly last year it was a no brainer for us to choose BC.. I think Logan will always have a love for Disney.. At least, that is what I am hoping!
Oh when are you going?? we are so looking forward to the vacation. We actually know ALOT of people that are going to be there.. So, I think I am going to be meeting friends, here there and everywhere!
So we booked our flights about 4 months ago.. I knew they were going to go up.. So we got Non-stop on Jet blue and we paid with taxes and everything just a little over $1000 for all 3 of us.. however, we had to change our original plans which were for the week before.. that would have cost up $2100:scared1:.. So, it was a no brainer to change..

I think by the looks of the tickers we'll be there the week before you? we're leaving the 14th. But I think it's overlapping.
We stayed at the Poly in August we loved it there too but I think I liked the feel of the BC better. It's fun having friends going at the same time. My best friend's family usually goes for April vaca. and we meet up with them but they're doing DL this year. We're going with my parents this year we haven't been with them since 2009 so it should be fun.
It is a lot of fun having resort days staying at the BC! My boys :love: that pool. Your son will have a blast!

So I guess I should start with my first day plans.. I do my best to get the cheapest best air flights and by being a bit flexible this time I was able to save myself over a thousand dollars. I am so glad that I got my flights about 5 months ago. The same flights are now more than double what I paid.

I have never been I a fan of travel days. You spend all this money and you really have to cut 2 dys right off the vacation. So, I book very early flights the first day and early evening flights the night home. I like to get the most bang for my buck!! Lol
I wouldn't b a good DIS'er if I hadn't called and secured my ressies 180 days out.. Ha:laughing:
But, this time I don't know what I was thinking. We ALWAYS go to Mk the first night we get to Disney but for some reason I made ressies for 7:30pm at LaHacienda. ( we really enjoyed our meal here last May and wanted to make sure we got there again this trip).. But, I decided to cancel. I don't want to mess with tradition.. So, I think that I am going to go with the flo and we will do counter service( I'll b honest kind of excited to try Columbia House or Peco Bills after reading some good reviews on here).
Also since we are staying at the BC I plan on getting there by 12:00pm and enjoying a couple of hours at SAB..
This time around I am not going to be touring like crazy. I want to go with the flo.. We will see how well that goes ..

So I guess I should start with my first day plans.. I do my best to get the cheapest best air flights and by being a bit flexible this time I was able to save myself over a thousand dollars. I am so glad that I got my flights about 5 months ago. The same flights are now more than double what I paid.

I have never been I a fan of travel days. You spend all this money and you really have to cut 2 dys right off the vacation. So, I book very early flights the first day and early evening flights the night home. I like to get the most bang for my buck!! Lol
I wouldn't b a good DIS'er if I hadn't called and secured my ressies 180 days out.. Ha:laughing:
But, this time I don't know what I was thinking. We ALWAYS go to Mk the first night we get to Disney but for some reason I made ressies for 7:30pm at LaHacienda. ( we really enjoyed our meal here last May and wanted to make sure we got there again this trip).. But, I decided to cancel. I don't want to mess with tradition.. So, I think that I am going to go with the flo and we will do counter service( I'll b honest kind of excited to try Columbia House or Peco Bills after reading some good reviews on here).
Also since we are staying at the BC I plan on getting there by 12:00pm and enjoying a couple of hours at SAB..
This time around I am not going to be touring like crazy. I want to go with the flo.. We will see how well that goes ..

I too saved a ton on airfare this year! April vacation is always expensive, and we can't really flexible so I hope and pray. My friend told me to check flying out of BDL in CT (it's about a 2 hour drive for us) , but well worth it. That saved me about $1000 as well.
We :love: CHH and PB for CS. They are good for CS. There's also a pretty good chicken parm. w/pasta at Pinoccio's village house.

Deb :)

Just a little real life update.. This weekend was Coco Keys weekend ( we did this instead of a big party for Logan this year) he absolutely LOVED it!!!! Now, I am even more excited about staying at the Beach Club!! He has always been really timid in the water but yesterday he loved everything.. I am totally psyched to play at SAB!!

He really is gonna LOVE SAB!! I couldn't get my kids out of it. Coco Key sounds fun! I really wanted to take the boys there over Feb. vacation but they got skis this year and want to go skiing of course, DS10 is in a hockey tournament that week too.
Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. I booked the Wishes dessert party last week! So excited about that!!!:banana:

Christine~
Hope all is well with you. Haven't seen an update in a while. I did see you post on the BC/YC thread about switching resorts. That was smart glad you were able to do that. I would not want to pay all that $$$$$ with half the pool ( the best parts) being closed.
Would love to hear your plans.

Here are my ADRs:

Rose & Crown (to watch Illuminations)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Garden Grill (dinner)
Cali Grill (to watch Wishes)
Sci-Fi (dinner)
Flying Fish (dinner)

Here are my ADRs:

Rose & Crown (to watch Illuminations)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Garden Grill (dinner)
Cali Grill (to watch Wishes)
Sci-Fi (dinner)
Flying Fish (dinner)

Deb, omg.. U are staying at the same resort as my friends. We may go there for a pool day.. Like all your adrs. I have 2 similar..

So I have been a bad DIS'er. Our laptop has a virus on it and I'm finding the IPad less than easy to upload and type on here.. :confused3

So, like you already saw Deb, our trip has changed be because of the huge announcement (that hasn't really been announced) of the pool rehab at SAB, during the week that we are there. I can't even tell you how disappointing it was to me to hear, especially since its is going to be a pretty significant closure ( think 60%):scared::sad2:
So after speaking to 4 different cast members from 4 different places and sort of without me telling them to( guest relations put me on hold and came back and said:wizard:).. I have been switched to the Poly. Although ecstatic about the Poly, our whole reason for this years trip was to stay t the BC and spend a whole lot of the at SAB. We also have friends tht will be vacationing and we have made plans based on being in the BW/BC area.. We saved $74 but in the grand scheme of things this trip is Turning out to be different than the one that I have been planning since October..

So it seems that Disney is planning for a record breaking April. Park times are extended almost every day. Whichc puts a wrench in my plan to get to rope drops. My little man is not a morning person! 9am rope drop was pushing it.. Some days are now 8am and some are even 7am :scared1:..
Now that we are t the poly our ressies aren't really the ones that I would have chosen had we been there at the beginning. But here thy are as they stand now.

Ragland road ( this is with our friends)
Via Napoli
Chef mickeys ( breakfast always a favorite)
Flying fish
Ohanas..
I cancelled so many.. And now I'm thinking we aren't going to have enough.. But what's done is done..

I was looking at the ADRs last week or the week before and there were still plenty of times available, so if you need to add 1 or 2 you should try. You may be surprised :thumbsup2

I saw the added times too. Not earlier but parks open later. I think the week we're there all parks open at 9 which I'm happy about too b/c even though we're morning people, my DS14 isn't anymore. So it will be a little easier to get there for RD, especially w/ my parents with us this year. Trying to get 6 people out the door is harder than 4.

Sorry about the whole SAB thing!:sad1:
That's so weird how they transferred you to the Poly w/out asking though!

I was looking at the ADRs last week or the week before and there were still plenty of times available, so if you need to add 1 or 2 you should try. You may be surprised :thumbsup2

I saw the added times too. Not earlier but parks open later. I think the week we're there all parks open at 9 which I'm happy about too b/c even though we're morning people, my DS14 isn't anymore. So it will be a little easier to get there for RD, especially w/ my parents with us this year. Trying to get 6 people out the door is harder than 4.

Sorry about the whole SAB thing!:sad1:
That's so weird how they transferred you to the Poly w/out asking though!
I did ask about other options with the first person then they transferred me and she said she would see if there was anything she could do.. I wasn't expecting her to come back and tell me that she did it.. Without even asking me..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter