WISHing Away the Pounds - 2015 Edition!! Everyone Welcome!

Also, if anyone wants to add me on MyFitnessPal, I have the same username there. Just seems like there's a few of us on there. :grouphug:

I'm late to the board, but I found it because I was specifically looking for a Disney centered weight loss group! My name is Mikenzie, and I am 33. I have a hubby and a 3.5 yo daughter at home, and work at a desk job 4 days/wk.

You found us!!

I was a very skinny kid growing up, but once I hit puberty, my metabolism hit the skids. I was able to lose some weight and get toned for my wedding about 9 years ago, but even then, I was still on the heavy side. I told myself clothing didn't fit because I was big chested, or had muscular thighs, but I knew it was more than that. What finally lit a fire under me was starting a Disney vacation fund for next fall, when I realized that this will be my daughter's first trip to Disney, with lots of meet & greets. I don't want to shy away from pictures, or look at our albums with any regrets. It's funny the things that motivate sometimes, but that was my "aha" moment.

For MANY of us, the inspiration to lose weight started with a pending Disney trip!!

My biggest challenges are energy levels (I swear, DD sucks energy right out of me somehow) and the fact that there are CONSTANTLY treats at my office. We have a candy dish up front with all kinds of junk, every day all day. Add to that special events or office lunches, and well...

I'm trying to keep motivated when I'm working out by listening to Disney podcasts or watching eps of the Biggest Loser on hulu on my phone. ;)

I've been really lacking in the exercise area and it has totally been effecting my energy levels!! But I don't have the excuse of little kiddos at home any more!

Maybe set up a reward system for every day that you avoid the candy bowl?

I'm trying - again! Been here before off and on. I had a good handle on things (my weight) before and during most of the holidays but I really dont; know what happened. I'm thinking when I had bronchitis for 3 weeks last month exercise stopped and food got bad. I need that accountability of the boards but it's hard for me as I'm not super good at the checking in/social aspect. I hate typing/reading o my phone and I'm rarely at the computer.

Just check in when you can! Some of us have more time than others to chat..... but I will say that I find that the more I chat and check in here, the more on track and on plan I tend to be!

anyway..my weight is creeping up again and I need to get control. I have 3 trips planned this year (2 are free/mostly free work related and 1 Disney trip in August).

Another friend who is Disney bound this year....I'm so jealous!!

I bought the 21 day fix Beachbody plan and I love the workouts. Serious soreness!!! I just can't wrap my head around the food plan. It's all no calorie counting just eat off a list and whatever fits in these colored containers thing. I'm a terrible cook and would prefer to live on protein shakes the rest of my life but I know that's not healthy. I'm working on making a binder of healthy recipes and snacks from PInterest etc. I need more of a "eat exactly this" type plan (jenny craig style) :rotfl2:. I'm just no good left to my own devices. I literally get angry when I try to cook. Speaking of...kids are asking what's for dinner and I have nothing prepared.

Planning your meals (both for you and the kids) would probably help your weight loss AND make life more pleasant overall! I hate to cook (but I no longer say I am a TERRIBLE cook), but it is a part of life if I want my family (and myself) to eat healthy..... so I've learned how to cook a few things pretty well. But that being said, there are ways to feed your family with minimal cooking and still be healthy and even on a decent budget. Rotisserie chicken, whole wheat couscous (easier and faster than rice), and steamed broccoli..... done in 10-15 minutes, minimal cooking!

Crockpot beef stew..... you can even skip the step of browning the beef ahead of time and still have a tasty stew! Stew beef, sweet onions cut into quarters, baby red potatoes or white potatoes cut into quarters, a few handfuls of baby carrots.... put it all in the crockpot and dump a liquid over the top....sometimes I use beef stock, sometimes I use V-8 juice...maybe a little salt and pepper and a bay leaf.....let it cook on low all day or on high for 4-6 hours..... one pot dinner done!!

Hamburg stew (I usually make it with half lean ground beef that has been browned and drained and rinsed plus half Boca veggie crumbles)..... sautee diced onion, garlic, peppers (red, green, yellow)...and any other veggies you have around..... celery, zucchini, green beans..... toss in a can of drained/rinsed beans (I prefer black beans for this) and browned beef.... add a can or two of diced tomatoes and some seasoning (taco if you want a taco stew, Italian if you want something more like that)..... add 1/4 brick of light cream cheese right at the end and it makes a super creamy stew/soup!

There are also some pretty yummy sounding and reasonably healthy one pot meals on Pinterest... I haven't tried them yet, but I am gathering some easy meal ideas for a family member who may need some help taking care of his family (wife is sick :( )

I started logging my food in MFP and that really helps keep the snacking at bay when I see each bite add up - darn those 2 Samoas!!!

So - off to find something not horrible for me for dinner that makes the kids happy!

Are Girl Scout cookies out there already???!! I haven't seen any yet!

Fly by -- more later but Pamela if you have eggs how about a veggie frittata ?

We may end up with a frittata or quiche tonight....thanks for the suggestion!

Wow - not sure what I would recommend... But obviously some celery/egg dish would be a good choice? ;)

Anyone for celery soup???:rotfl:

I know all about the work candy dish! I suffer from the same temptation... What about thinking up a small reward for every day that you don't visit the candy dish? I find it easier to not take any candy from ours here than to tell myself that I will only take one piece.

Great minds think alike!!

Sorry everybody that I still haven't updated the weights from last week! And tomorrow is weigh in day. I somehow had two horrible days feeling very lousy emotionally (TOM hit really hard for some reason this month) and then yesterday I had a horrible pain in my shoulder. Feeling much better today, so am going to get you updated tonight!

No worries! We all understand when life gets off track!!

Eating has been all over the place the last two days. Now I just need to get back on plan today. While I have been doing ok, I still haven't tracked everything, which I really need to do! At least I still kept up my steps both of the horrible days.

Good for you for staying on track with the STEPS!

Oh - and in totally non-weight-loss news: I heard on the DISUnplugged podcast last week that the DISboards will get a major upgrade in the next two months with new software. I am all excited about it as I hope that it will be easier to use and nicer to look at. They said that all the existing content will be transferred, so we don't have to be afraid of losing our old threads like trip reports or the recipe thread (which I should look at for some inspiration for meal planning for next week).

Oh goodie! I don't think there has been an upgrade for a long time!

This week I've been getting over a cold, so I haven't worked out yet at all. Eek! I need to get a short run in after work today to get back on track. Plus the weather here has been the worst.

I have lost 2 pounds so far! Even though I've been sick, I've been focusing on not eating too many late night snacks. It really helps! Plus I also have a fitbit and that keeps me moving throughout the day. Yay!

Woohoo on the 2 pounds!!! And WTG on the evening snack control!

I've been doing ok with the candy dish, since I am usually more of a savory than sweet person. But I dread when I will be PMSing and craving anything chocolate...

I have started a rewards system for myself (for both weight loss and savings purposes) where every week that I don't eat out more than once for lunch, but instead bring one, I put $10 in my Disney jar at home.

WONDERFUL idea!!

Also, I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. That helps. When you are forced to look at your calorie count, you are more aware of what you are eating. For those who use a fitbit, it also syncs with that. (Now I just need to find my fitbit...)

Just started listening to the DIS Unplugged one, and I also like the wdwprepschool one. Any other suggestions?

WW also syncs with the Fitbit now!!

Sorry friends for being MIA. Been job hunting and I guess it has paid off I got a caregiver position practically with no interview really. I just had a brief phone chat was asked about my cpr and 1st aid and then only thing I needed to start the orientation this afternoon was my tb test which they started and I get to start orientation on the spot job offer. Nice because interviewing is anxiety waiting to happen for me. I already had one trying for the long process of getting on the police department as 911 operator. I passed the written tests but something happen in interview I guess that wasn't rated up with the others. They were choosing eight new operators for a class that wouldn't start till March(I should still be in eligible batch for a year if someone backs out or something) but 30 or so went to test and quite a few were not going in room to get interviews the next day(I did)but I bet I was still competing with quite a lot, dozen or more maybe. But oh well. Lost out on an additional 10-15 grand a year towards what my salary will be but I'm just ready to be working again. Plus I can work on planning a WDW trip probably for late in 2015. Maybe in Dec when my step sister will be out there too. I can meet some of my other nieces and nephew. I haven't seen my step sis since 1998 and her 2nd daughter was just a few months old. I remember carrying her around the then MGM looking at all the Christmas lights.

I'll be working into a new schedule and routine but I should be back to reporting in and such soon. :goodvibes Hope you all have been having a great Jan and start to your year.

I may even try to get a short trip to Disneyland in March around dd's spring break time. We shall see. I totally am way more into WDW but I want to see California Adventures.

Congrats on the new job opportunity!! And woohoo on a family reunion!

Hey guys. And :welcome: to all of our new & newly returning members! I love seeing so many people taking their health & losing weight seriously.

ME TOOOOOO!!!

Just another quick pop-in for me. I've been reading along, but don't have the energy to reply. Someone is a little bit sick ...

I've been waking up with a little bit of a sore throat for a few days, but it usually goes away after a few minutes. Yesterday it didn't go away, and I started to get the sniffles and a headache. And of course, I had a job interview yesterday afternoon.
(Side note: the interview went okay, no idea if I'll move on to the next step, but it felt weird to refuse to shake people's hands because I'm sick - the two people I met with seemed to appreciate it, though).

Anyway, today I'm trying to take it a bit easy. Started off with a breakfast of oatmeal and tea (still drinking the tea). I was planning to run in the park this morning, but nixed that idea shortly after I woke up. I did hop on the treadmill to run, but cut it short because I was just so out of it. I'm watching TV now and hoping that if I take it easy today, I'll be back to normal speed tomorrow. I really hate being sick.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a better day than me.

FEEL BETTER SOON!! And good luck with the job possibility.

congrats Michelle on the new job!!

pixie dust to all those fighting off the winter bugs

I went into the gym this morning and did a basal metabolic rate test and was pleased to find out that I'm eating the right calorie range for my metabolism to lose weight...now if it just works!! I'm geared up for tomorrow's WI, if I lose this will be three weeks in a row and that is not a feat a managed all year in 2014 :(

today's a rest day for workout, took the dog on a very chilly 1.5 or so walk and heading down to work in my scrapbook corner on DD's graduation album.....

MAKE TODAY COUNT!!

Wish I could huddle in my scrapbook corner today.... super jealous of that! Fingers crossed for a three-peat of weight loss!!

What a day! It's after 1pm and I just found a few moments to sit down and check in. Lots of kid issues today in and out of my office. Is there a full moon or something? Anyway, I'm OP today as usual but I'm slacking on the water....coffee this morning, a green tea at lunch, and I'm only halfway through my water bottle. Better get on that before the day is over! I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet for the past three weeks and I have seen inches disappear, unfortunately I'm no seeing the numbers on the scale decrease :confused3 I'm going to WI tomorrow and see if I have budged.

I'm leaving in a week and 1 day for an ABD Costa Rica trip!! Apparently, they have size limits for zip-lining and white water rafting and I'm nervous I won't make it (I'm so close to the top of the limit!!) On the plus side, I am just about finished packing - lots of bug spray, sun block, and quick dry clothing!!

Another emergency is at my door...:scared1:

Wishing everyone an OP day!!

Both of my kiddos have been to Costa Rica and LOOOOVVVVEED it! I know several people who plan to retire there.... it sounds like an amazing country...ENJOY!!

Congrats on the new job!!

Is tomorrow really Friday? Short weeks mess me up!

Well I had a few snack attack things but I;m not bad off. OP for breakfast and lunch but almost zero water all day! I can't get much water at my job. I work in a hospital and do PT on inpatients. So I roam the hosp and no home base except for lunch. It's pretty frantic some days it seems like everyone is ready or needing you all at once so I literally zip from one to the next. I had to go to the bathroom for like 2hrs but just push it aside! Why is suppressing that urge completely IMPOSSIBLE when I run or wake up in the morning :rolleyes1

I've been lacking in the water too.... my chiropractor tells me when it is a dry winter like this it is even MORE important (for my muscles and shoulder/neck pain) to get hydrated.... the dryness can cause the muscles to shorten up !!

Stopped at Walmart which is the only place I can find these yummy Tomato and Basil 90cal wraps. I'm addicted! I put a little hummus, turkey and lettuce and it's divine! DS9 preyed on my work fatigue and a couple treats ended up in the cart.

Chocolate wafer cookies OMG I forgot how good those things are - or is it because I havent had a treat in so long :) I ate 1 - then 2 - then 3 total. BUT I logged them in MFP and that easily put a stop to that. Man logging works wonders when you see that number add up.

I made a Flat Out cheese pizza for the first time. Plenty of food I was stuffed and only 210 calories. Didn't have any good veggies on hand but artichoke and garlic sounds good! Going to have to investigate some recipes for those Flat Outs.

I only have 55 calories left (since I had those 3 cookies, 1 pringle and 1 ritz cracker - yes i log each bite) if I don;t do my workout. We have some after school things tonight so I'm doubtful. I might squeeze in a greek yogurt for some protein. Guess I'll chug some water too to fill me up and make up for my dehydration during the day!

Hope everyone has a good evening and good news tomorrow :cheer2:

GOOD FOR YOU for logging and tracking every bite! I've been much less diligent about that lately and need to get back on it!

HI! I have been lurking on this thread a couple of weeks now. I started a diet on Jan. 3, 2015

Actually all I am doing is counting calories right now. I use the app Lose it.

I started @ 211 pounds ( I am only 5'4") - my pic is my Avatar. The app said to lose 2 lbs per week I could only eat 1207 calories per day. So, everything I eat or drink gets longed in and I have lost a bit over 15 lbs (15.6 to be exact) since I started. I wanted to lose 46 pounds by my 46th birthday which is June 11.

I plan on continuing to use the app next month, but I am going to start going to the gym at least 3-5 times a week. I have got to get back into shape-it has been way too long!!!

We are going back to WDW in September and I hope to be down below 150 lbs.

I can do this - we all can reach our goals. (((hugs))) to everyone and high fives too !!

WELCOME and WOW! You've started off the year with a bang!!

Hey all! Happy Friday! I'm at work today on a questionable computer and have been risking losing this whole post with every keystroke....so I'll keep it brief! Had a small gain this week (not totally surprised), but trying not to stress about it. I will have a small splurge over the weekend for DS's birthday dinner and then right back on it after that. And the treadmill is getting dusty!

I did manage to pull a rabbit out of my hat for dinner the last two nights.... we had that meatloaf I mentioned with the ratatioulle and it was delicious!! And I also found two dinner size portions of veggie stuffed zucchini for last night (I made them and froze them back in September) (it was pizza night at robotics so I only had to feed DH and myself). Tonight is going to be tricky. I defrosted a pot roast, but didn't throw it in the crockpot because I had no veggies to go with it. I think it is going to be sandwich night because I had some sliced ham and pita bread in the freezer. I can't wait to buy some groceries on Sunday or Monday!!:lmao: Citrus, celery, and eggs are holding out for now though!

Off to finish my tea before I move onto my next class!...................P

THREE-PEAT WEIGHT LOSS! :goodvibes

yes, I did it! I was down 1.2 lbs this week, bringing me almost back to my lowest that I saw last year. 2014 was spent gaining and losing the same 6 lbs, I know you all know that place. another 1.3 lbs and i'll be in my new decade!

just the inspiration and motivation I need to keep my butt in check this weekend. I'm breaking the news to DH tonight that we are eating good this weekend for a planned splurge for football food for Super Bowl the following weekend.

for those of you with fitbits -- my friend challenged me and a few others this week for the "work week hustle" and it got me out walking three times and on the TM for a stroll to finish out my steps more, more than once.

pixiegirl -- I sent you a MFP friend request. my username is not the same there though..i'm sorry folks for the confusion. I started MFP with some gals from a Cushing's community back when, and on that forum my username was "monarchmomx2" ... I didn't use the same b/c I didn't want connection, it was a scary time for me in my health was spiraling down and I just needed to be anonymous on that board. so ...anyhow...I don't think I'm the only WISHer with a different user name. I have some Cushing's friends and some WISH friends and I need a cheat sheet b/c I can't remember whose usernames go with who most days....but i'll cheer you on all the same! and it helps me to know my MFP friends can see my food journal, keeps me accountable

go to the gym today and made an appt tomorrow with a trainer to set up a strength program for the days I work out on my own (can't make class).

Magdalene -- do not stress at all about the weights, it is a lot to be a hostess and you have real life things that come first! we get it! :flower3:

cyber high fives to our LOSERS and maintainers this week..cyber friendly yet firm kick in the bootie to those who need it :upsidedow you know who you are

Hey, my name is Susan and I'm 46, married 25 years, 2 kids, 20 something cats and 1 grand daughter. Haven't been on the boards for awhile and my weight reflects that. Got a fitbit for xmas and was doing really good, then got frustrated with bad food choices, forgetting to wear the fitbit, etc. Instead of just giving up I think I'll try the boards. I'm having some spare time because the daughter and my husband are having trouble (I'm in the middle of course) so I'm not spending much time with her and grand daughter and I'm not on the very addictive facebook as much...
I do spend a lot of time at the gym which generally involves 30 min aerobic then some weight lifting, then jacuzzi and sauna which ideally I like to have at least 2 hours preferably 3. And then there's work. Anyway need to get to the gym now before work--gonna try to lose 3 pounds for the month, then we'll see...TTFn

THREE-PEAT WEIGHT LOSS! :goodvibes

yes, I did it! I was down 1.2 lbs this week, bringing me almost back to my lowest that I saw last year. 2014 was spent gaining and losing the same 6 lbs, I know you all know that place. another 1.3 lbs and i'll be in my new decade!

WOOHOOO and WOWZA!! Congrats!!:yay:

just the inspiration and motivation I need to keep my butt in check this weekend. I'm breaking the news to DH tonight that we are eating good this weekend for a planned splurge for football food for Super Bowl the following weekend.

for those of you with fitbits -- my friend challenged me and a few others this week for the "work week hustle" and it got me out walking three times and on the TM for a stroll to finish out my steps more, more than once.

pixiegirl -- I sent you a MFP friend request. my username is not the same there though..i'm sorry folks for the confusion. I started MFP with some gals from a Cushing's community back when, and on that forum my username was "monarchmomx2" ... I didn't use the same b/c I didn't want connection, it was a scary time for me in my health was spiraling down and I just needed to be anonymous on that board. so ...anyhow...I don't think I'm the only WISHer with a different user name. I have some Cushing's friends and some WISH friends and I need a cheat sheet b/c I can't remember whose usernames go with who most days....but i'll cheer you on all the same! and it helps me to know my MFP friends can see my food journal, keeps me accountable

go to the gym today and made an appt tomorrow with a trainer to set up a strength program for the days I work out on my own (can't make class).

Magdalene -- do not stress at all about the weights, it is a lot to be a hostess and you have real life things that come first! we get it! :flower3:

cyber high fives to our LOSERS and maintainers this week..cyber friendly yet firm kick in the bootie to those who need it :upsidedow you know who you are

Enjoy your visit with the trainer!

Hey, my name is Susan and I'm 46, married 25 years, 2 kids, 20 something cats and 1 grand daughter. Haven't been on the boards for awhile and my weight reflects that. Got a fitbit for xmas and was doing really good, then got frustrated with bad food choices, forgetting to wear the fitbit, etc. Instead of just giving up I think I'll try the boards. I'm having some spare time because the daughter and my husband are having trouble (I'm in the middle of course) so I'm not spending much time with her and grand daughter and I'm not on the very addictive facebook as much...
I do spend a lot of time at the gym which generally involves 30 min aerobic then some weight lifting, then jacuzzi and sauna which ideally I like to have at least 2 hours preferably 3. And then there's work. Anyway need to get to the gym now before work--gonna try to lose 3 pounds for the month, then we'll see...TTFn

Hey friend! Welcome back!!

Hey.... well... apparently I AM a MAGICIAN!! Another successful dinner made from a nearly bare pantry and fridge! I remembered that I had made some homemade chicken stock just recently.... then I dug around in the pantry and found a bag of green lentils. I pulled out the last four carrots, a bunch of celery, and the last green pepper and made a VERY delicious (and super easy!!) lentil soup. I will serve it to DH as a side dish (lentils have too many carbs for him probably) with the previously mentioned and planned ham sandwich (on a low carb tortilla). I will have just the lentil soup and a grapefruit and I will be giving DS the last of the meatloaf (he can't have the soup since it is made with chicken stock).

It looks like we will make it with decent meals until payday!!:cool1:

We were going to head south tomorrow to visit DBIL (home recovering from his cancer surgery) and then DMIL and then a bit further south to visit DD (and bring her a few things she forgot at home) but the weather forecast is looking a bit ugly for most of tomorrow n(4-6" of snow and then freezing rain further south).... so we will probably reschedule this visit to Sunday, if possible.... it will depend on the robotics schedule, of course....;)

Mmmmm... dinner time!! TTYL.........................P

Well I love first week success! Down 4.2 lbs this week - my 1st week and I'm super diligent and focused!! Talk to me in 3 weeks :lmao:

I am proud to say I feel I have really kicked the diet soda habit. I've quit since the beginning of the year and I'm still alive. Not sure how but oh well. I've had maybe 3 in the 3 weeks when out and just by old habit ordered one instead of water. No soda, no coffee! Wow I sleep so much better!!!:cloud9:

I feel my sweet craving lessened too. I felt like I was such a sugar addict and I believe the artificial sweeteners having the stronger effects on some people actually feeds into the cravings making them worse. I had 1 little wafer cookie (the dreaded 4pm danger zone) and it seemed SO sweet to me. I chewed it super slowly.

I also started drinking my orange water (7 parts water to 1 part OJ). I think it's 4oz OJ to my big (26oz cup) giant cup of water. I got it from a Naturally Slim program that my husbands work did. The theory is that it keeps your blood sugar levels more stable and avoids the deep hunger pangs. I noticed I do feel like less snacking when I drink it. It was slightly bland at first but I've grown to quite like it.

Now to be focused over the weekend! Don;t forget Super Bowl next weekend so let's be good this week to allow for that splurge! :cheer2: :happytv: :cheer2:

Hey.... well... apparently I AM a MAGICIAN!! Another successful dinner made from a nearly bare pantry and fridge! I remembered that I had made some homemade chicken stock just recently.... then I dug around in the pantry and found a bag of green lentils. I pulled out the last four carrots, a bunch of celery, and the last green pepper and made a VERY delicious (and super easy!!) lentil soup. I will serve it to DH as a side dish (lentils have too many carbs for him probably) with the previously mentioned and planned ham sandwich (on a low carb tortilla). I will have just the lentil soup and a grapefruit and I will be giving DS the last of the meatloaf (he can't have the soup since it is made with chicken stock).

It looks like we will make it with decent meals until payday!!:cool1:

We were going to head south tomorrow to visit DBIL (home recovering from his cancer surgery) and then DMIL and then a bit further south to visit DD (and bring her a few things she forgot at home) but the weather forecast is looking a bit ugly for most of tomorrow n(4-6" of snow and then freezing rain further south).... so we will probably reschedule this visit to Sunday, if possible.... it will depend on the robotics schedule, of course....;)

Mmmmm... dinner time!! TTYL.........................P

Um ...you kind of rock on cooking what's available. I think I would just cry and starve!

Um ...you kind of rock on cooking what's available. I think I would just cry and starve!

awww.... gee... :blush: THANKS! You know what they say about "necessity is the mother of invention".... I am good at INVENTING meals!:lmao: DH really liked the lentil soup (in fact he went back for seconds!). It has been a VERY LONG TIME since I made a lentil soup, but I will definitely be adding it back into the schedule (next time with veggie stock so that DS can eat it as well).

The hardest part for us when trying to eat from a nearly bare cupboard/pantry is all of our different eating styles. DH eats low carb.... so if I don't have MEAT or CHEESE for him, it is really hard. DS can't eat chicken or nuts and isn't big on veggies.... so I usually have to have a meat dish or cheese dish (tacos, pizza, homemade/organic mac and cheese). I, of course, eat a TON of produce and usually little meat or a vegetarian protein like beans or lentils.

For most folks who are trying to use up their pantry stock they eat things like spaghetti with sauce (too many carbs) or boxed mac and cheese (too many carbs, too much fat, too unhealthy). Our idea of an "empty pantry" is not having any fresh greens or broccoli!;)

Anyhow.... today's meals are ready (or in the crockpot), so I will make it through at least today! I had a small roast in the freezer that I pulled out a few days ago. Since I didn't have any veggies to make a pot roast/one pot meal, I threw it in the crockpot with some type of sauce packet (not even sure where it came from.... I think DH bought it on sale) to make shredded beef tacos.... of course, we have no taco shells and no tortillas.... so this will be eaten on low carb pita or Sandwich thins with a side of celery sticks... so dinner is in the books. Lunch will be leftover lentil soup for DH and I and probably a ham sandwich for DS. Breakfast (for me) was overnight steel cut oats in the crockpot.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be greek yogurt with berries (frozen organic from Costco).... and hopefully we will be hitting the road to visit DBIL, DMIL, and DD (although that isn't a definite yet). I will pack sandwiches (probably ham or peanut butter) and clementines and we may end up eating dinner out with DD. That is still all up in the air anyhow.

HEY.... that reminds me.... someone here was asking how I make my microwave popcorn in a bag and I never got it posted.

I put 1/4 C of popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag (lunch sack size) and I fold over the top and plop it in the microwave. In my kitchen it takes 3:30 for maximum "poppage".... but in yours it will probably take less. Try it a few times, listening carefully to stop when the popping gets to be spaced apart 3-4 seconds or more. Once you've done it a few times you will get an average time (and make note of it for later).

I dump it into a bowl if I am sharing, or leave it in the bag if it is just for me (dumping it out of the bag saves the bag for another time.... I can usually use a bag 4-5 times before it is starting to tear). I spray the top with a butter-flavored spray (just enough to make the salt stick) and salt it (pink himalayan salt!)... usually mix it around and spray/salt a few times to coat it all (I like salt!). That is enough for me..... but I know other people use things like parmesan cheese or those orange "popcorn seasonings" or even ranch dressing powder (not my taste, but to each his own). I also know some folks who drizzle melted coconut oil and/or EVOO on their popcorn. As much as I know I need the healthy fats, I do NOT do that. I've been doing it this way for at least a year or two and haven't burned up my kitchen yet!

What I like most about this technique (other than the yummy snack)... is the fact that is makes SO LITTLE WASTE! I buy organic popcorn in bags (sometimes from those "fill your own" dispensers at the grocery store so I can put it in a recycled bag!), I store it in glass once I get it home, and I reuse the brown paper popping bags several times before they go into the paper recycling bin. SO MUCH LESS waste than microwave popcorn with its chipboard box, plastic overwrap, paper bag, and orange "butter" flavoring.

BTW, adding more popcorn doesn't work well.... instead of getting more popped corn, you just end up with more unpopped kernels.

Off to decide what to do today! I am a bit "paralyzed by possibilities"! Laundry is caught up, meals are done and/or cooking, house is reasonably clean, dishwasher is running and vacuume is still broken.... what to do, what to do???!!......................P

Organic popcorn kernels--this sounds interesting. Maybe this is something the chain that bought us will have. After 23 years of working at Albertsons a different chain bought us btw- same pay, benefits, union, I'm really excited. I still like to dig out my air popper sometimes and I like a combo of cumin, chilli pepper and Johnny's Garlic. I bought some spray olive oil butter stuff lately I'd like to try on it.
Well, started out awesome yesterday-did the tough elliptical and for some reason that was kicking my rear end in an unusual way...then did my weights. Yesterday was stomach and leg day which is not my favorite because there is a leg machine I use that I particularly dislike and I don't really like my mat- stomach exercises. One is old PT, the other is that thing where you put your hands under your rear (lying on back) and slowly lower legs holding for a few seconds each time. I like the muscles it gets to at the end but boy it is strenuous. Also rode my bike to work, which is about a 1/2 hour ride. Had one hot toddy and went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night with husband snoring and decided I've had enough and am going to sleep in the guest bedroom. He refuses to see a doctor and his snoring is really bad--he does stop breathing and you can hear him in the next room with the door shut. I got him some snore stop and I have to beg for him to even take that (which only sort of helps). Since I got the fitbit flex I realized how many times I was waking up at night--it's ridiculous, sometime 22-26 times a night. It makes me mad because we just got a new bed and it's like-- he wins but whatever-- I have to save myself lol.
So today I just work and I'll ride my bike to work--work in itself is a lot of activity-- I work in the meat dept doing customer service. It was funny seeing my activity level recorded when I first got the fitbit--I knew I was doing something there but seeing the proof--priceless. Well--it's nice and sunny here so I think I'll go do a jacuzzi and wash my hair before work since I won't be able to get to the pool tomorrow.
Nice to see you Pam-- do you know how LisaH is doing?

Organic popcorn kernels--this sounds interesting.

Corn is one of those crops that is heavily genetically modified, so if that concerns you, buy non-GMO and/or organic.

Maybe this is something the chain that bought us will have. After 23 years of working at Albertsons a different chain bought us btw- same pay, benefits, union, I'm really excited.

Maybe some new more exciting benefits???

I still like to dig out my air popper sometimes and I like a combo of cumin, chilli pepper and Johnny's Garlic. I bought some spray olive oil butter stuff lately I'd like to try on it.

That sounds yummy!!

Well, started out awesome yesterday-did the tough elliptical and for some reason that was kicking my rear end in an unusual way...then did my weights. Yesterday was stomach and leg day which is not my favorite because there is a leg machine I use that I particularly dislike and I don't really like my mat- stomach exercises. One is old PT, the other is that thing where you put your hands under your rear (lying on back) and slowly lower legs holding for a few seconds each time. I like the muscles it gets to at the end but boy it is strenuous. Also rode my bike to work, which is about a 1/2 hour ride. Had one hot toddy and went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night with husband snoring and decided I've had enough and am going to sleep in the guest bedroom. He refuses to see a doctor and his snoring is really bad--he does stop breathing and you can hear him in the next room with the door shut. I got him some snore stop and I have to beg for him to even take that (which only sort of helps). Since I got the fitbit flex I realized how many times I was waking up at night--it's ridiculous, sometime 22-26 times a night. It makes me mad because we just got a new bed and it's like-- he wins but whatever-- I have to save myself lol.
So today I just work and I'll ride my bike to work--work in itself is a lot of activity-- I work in the meat dept doing customer service. It was funny seeing my activity level recorded when I first got the fitbit--I knew I was doing something there but seeing the proof--priceless. Well--it's nice and sunny here so I think I'll go do a jacuzzi and wash my hair before work since I won't be able to get to the pool tomorrow.
Nice to see you Pam-- do you know how LisaH is doing?

Good workout! Sorry about the snoring. My DH was a bigger-time snorer as well.... but his big accident a few years ago and the subsequent realignment of his entire face COMBINED with a significant weight loss definitely helped reduce and nearly eliminate his snoring!

I am sending Lisa a PM right now. I've been meaning to.... that was just the reminder that I needed!..................P

So I decided to start with the Leslie Sansone Walk It Off in 30 Days dvd.
I figured follow the 30 day exercise plan, so Day 1 is Burn 30 dvd. Hand weights are optional, and most people were using 2-3 lb hand weights. I said to myself. "screw that, I'll use my 10 lb dumbbells! I'll burn more!"

DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT USE 10 LB DUMBBELLS!

Good god I was really feeling it! Made it almost 20 minutes in before I had to drop the weights, I just couldn't handle them anymore. Going to pick up a set of hand weights, but considering how well I did with the 10 pounders, I'll be getting something larger than 4 lb hand weights.

This weekend was rough. Ended up eating out twice, and today especially was a doozy (Qdoba). I am still going to try and hit the gym tonight, and that should help, but dang.

I also went shopping yesterday, but bought almost nothing for myself, because I didn't like how anything on the sale rack fit me. That helped a lot when we went into Godiva and got our monthly free piece of chocolate, which I did NOT eat. I'm going to save it for when I'm PMSing (prob. later this week). On the plus side, I hit the kids used clothing store for DD for their super clearance sale, and got a ton of stuff she needs for the next year or so. :)

Poor DD had a rough weekend too. She was complaining about her bottom hurting, and crying hysterically, so we took her to the Dr. She said DD is probably super constipated, and has been for quite some time. That explains all the accidents she's been having for the past month or so! I'm hoping we can clear it up with Metamucil and juice, but we may have to give her a suppository. Poor peanut. :(

I was also super sore this weekend from working out both thurs and friday... tried intervals on the treadmill instead of just my usual elliptical machine. definitely feeling it in my stabilizing muscles!

Hope everyone else had a better weekend, lol. On to another week!

Arg!! So sorry for being away!!! I volunteered for the youth exchange organisation that send me on my year abroad for half the weekend and then Sunday was spent at the birthday brunch of a dear friend... And then last night I had the joy to experience my first ever visit to an emergency room as I had trouble with my asthma (I am fine now and might have been a bit too cautious, but I just could not sleep with the feeling that I don't get enough air in my lungs...).

But hey, while TOM gave me some surprise pounds at the end of the week, they are gone as of today, together with 2.5 pounds as compared to the previous weigh in!!! :cool1: I am doing well this month!

And tonight has to be the night I get all your weights up!! For two weeks... :blush:

Motivational Monday:

weight-loss-motivation.jpg

Is there anything in your life that you thought you would never be able to do, but once you tried it, you realised that you can accomplish it?

I like this quote as it highlights that you won't get anywhere if you don't try it. So, just bying showing up here and making little changes we are already on our way to our goal. And if necessary - try over and over again. Every day gives us a new chance to try again!

The one thing that comes into my mind of something that I tried despite thinking I would not be able to do it was Tower of Terror. I only went on it because my friend was keen and I was too much of a Disney nerd to skip an attraction that supposedly was so well themed. Now it is one of my favourite rides in all of the parks! :thumbsup2

Morning all! Just a quick pop in from work to say hello!! Need to get back on track today after two big splurges yesterday (brunch with DD and birthday dinner out with DS!)! Maybe my imagination, but I swear my pants are tight today!! :scared1:

Got a few groceries in the house, just in time for a big storm! Can we survive on broccoli, green beans, grapefruit, yogurt, and birthday cake???:rotfl: TTY tonight or tomorrow......gotta dash!......................P

Good Morning WISHers from one of the many Karens on this board! Just a fly by as we have a half day at school and it looks like 2 days off due to the white stuff! I'm still OP and was hoping for a few more inches to get into my jeans a little more comfortably....at least the muffin top has lost some "muffin"...lol!

Hoping everyone in the Northeast gets home safe or just stays put! Provided we retain power while the storm dumps 2 feet on us, I will stop by later!!

Have a fabulous day!!

And then last night I had the joy to experience my first ever visit to an emergency room as I had trouble with my asthma (I am fine now and might have been a bit too cautious, but I just could not sleep with the feeling that I don't get enough air in my lungs...).

But hey, while TOM gave me some surprise pounds at the end of the week, they are gone as of today, together with 2.5 pounds as compared to the previous weigh in!!! :cool1: I am doing well this month!

I have historically suffered from asthma as well, and it kept me from working out for a long time. It is a horrible feeling when you feel like you are drowning on dry land. :(

Go you! I think TOM is going to pack on a little extra for me this week. :scared: Good for you, though, to drop that weight and a little extra!

Got a few groceries in the house, just in time for a big storm! Can we survive on broccoli, green beans, grapefruit, yogurt, and birthday cake???:rotfl:

You can ABSOLUTELY survive on that... in fact, stay away from the cake and you're golden! ;)

Hello all! I was going to sit down and take the time to do a mass reply (I actually do have the time today because my plans got cancelled due to snow), but I just don't have the patience, so I'm limiting myself to a short check-in.

We had a little bit of snow here on Saturday (like 1-2 inches) which then turned into slush when it started raining. I went out for a run yesterday, hoping that the paths in the park had been shoveled … they were shoveled, but not salted, so there was a lot of black ice and I wound up running on the snow, which was not very easy. I also went down once when walking to the park, but it was only a minor injury (I scraped my knee a drop and have a tiny bruise) and I was able to get right back up and keep going.

Apparently we’re expecting snowpocalypse or some sort of historic storm over the next 2 days. I was supposed to go into my sister’s office to help her out with something today, but with the weather she said she didn’t feel comfortable having me come in, so I turned around (I hadn’t gotten very far yet) and went back home. I’m a little sad because it means no Starbucks (there’s a Starbucks around the corner from her office, so I was planning to go there, and my Starbucks is a little too far in the snow). I wound up making a mocha coffee for breakfast (plain coffee + cocoa powder + sugar) and some Elvis toast (aka toast & PB & Banana – yum!). Lunch will probably be greek yogurt, but I’m out of granola (I wasn’t feeling up to baking last week), so I’ll have to improvise toppings. My dad will be home in a few hours (his school is dismissing early) and I told my mom to come home early from work (she’s taking public transportation today because she hates driving in the snow), so it’ll be busy here earlier than usual. I’m taking advantage of the quiet now to get work done, and will try to get a workout in later in the day.

Okay, that's about all I have energy for today. Time for me to get back to my regularly scheduled activities.

Results are up! Go to the first post and look at all the pretty colors!!!!

Molly, congratulations on reaching your goal!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We have lots pf people who had really good results this month so far - I hope you all will finish strong and get as close to your goal as possible!!

Arg!! So sorry for being away!!! I volunteered for the youth exchange organisation that send me on my year abroad for half the weekend and then Sunday was spent at the birthday brunch of a dear friend... And then last night I had the joy to experience my first ever visit to an emergency room as I had trouble with my asthma (I am fine now and might have been a bit too cautious, but I just could not sleep with the feeling that I don't get enough air in my lungs...).

And tonight has to be the night I get all your weights up!! For two weeks... :blush:

Sorry, welcome back an HI. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter