WISHing Away the Pounds - 2015 Edition!! Everyone Welcome!

Morning all! Just a quick pop in from work to say hello!! Need to get back on track today after two big splurges yesterday (brunch with DD and birthday dinner out with DS!)! Maybe my imagination, but I swear my pants are tight today!! :scared1:

Got a few groceries in the house, just in time for a big storm! Can we survive on broccoli, green beans, grapefruit, yogurt, and birthday cake???:rotfl: TTY tonight or tomorrow......gotta dash!......................P

Just in case the power goes off you have stuff around that doesn't need cooking?

Is there anything in your life that you thought you would never be able to do, but once you tried it, you realised that you can accomplish it?

Well until last week I'd never made a pie and it turned out pretty good actually and I made it healthier by adding more apples (mince) :)

Fly by.....

I made my goal !!!!! I haven't done that for over a year! And now to keep the focus to keep that claim for final months WI this Friday/Saturday !

Good Morning WISHers from one of the many Karens on this board! Just a fly by as we have a half day at school and it looks like 2 days off due to the white stuff! I'm still OP and was hoping for a few more inches to get into my jeans a little more comfortably....at least the muffin top has lost some "muffin"...lol!

Hoping everyone in the Northeast gets home safe or just stays put! Provided we retain power while the storm dumps 2 feet on us, I will stop by later!!

Have a fabulous day!!

I am starting to lose some of my post-Christmas muffin as well - great feeling!

I hope you are safe at home!

I have historically suffered from asthma as well, and it kept me from working out for a long time. It is a horrible feeling when you feel like you are drowning on dry land. :(

Go you! I think TOM is going to pack on a little extra for me this week. :scared: Good for you, though, to drop that weight and a little extra!

Yes, that drowning feeling was what really got to me. Normally my asthma is managed very well, so I never experienced that. And it is triggered by allergies, not exercise luckily. So. it does not effect me wanting to exercise.

Hello all! I was going to sit down and take the time to do a mass reply (I actually do have the time today because my plans got cancelled due to snow), but I just don't have the patience, so I'm limiting myself to a short check-in.

We had a little bit of snow here on Saturday (like 1-2 inches) which then turned into slush when it started raining. I went out for a run yesterday, hoping that the paths in the park had been shoveled … they were shoveled, but not salted, so there was a lot of black ice and I wound up running on the snow, which was not very easy. I also went down once when walking to the park, but it was only a minor injury (I scraped my knee a drop and have a tiny bruise) and I was able to get right back up and keep going.

Apparently we’re expecting snowpocalypse or some sort of historic storm over the next 2 days. I was supposed to go into my sister’s office to help her out with something today, but with the weather she said she didn’t feel comfortable having me come in, so I turned around (I hadn’t gotten very far yet) and went back home. I’m a little sad because it means no Starbucks (there’s a Starbucks around the corner from her office, so I was planning to go there, and my Starbucks is a little too far in the snow). I wound up making a mocha coffee for breakfast (plain coffee + cocoa powder + sugar) and some Elvis toast (aka toast & PB & Banana – yum!). Lunch will probably be greek yogurt, but I’m out of granola (I wasn’t feeling up to baking last week), so I’ll have to improvise toppings. My dad will be home in a few hours (his school is dismissing early) and I told my mom to come home early from work (she’s taking public transportation today because she hates driving in the snow), so it’ll be busy here earlier than usual. I’m taking advantage of the quiet now to get work done, and will try to get a workout in later in the day.

Okay, that's about all I have energy for today. Time for me to get back to my regularly scheduled activities.

Your home-made mocca sounds great! And most likely a far healthier treat than Starbucks. ;) Hope you are keeping safe in the snow!

Well until last week I'd never made a pie and it turned out pretty good actually and I made it healthier by adding more apples (mince) :)

Well done!! :thumbsup2

Fly by.....

I made my goal !!!!! I haven't done that for over a year! And now to keep the focus to keep that claim for final months WI this Friday/Saturday !

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to keep the momentum going! You are also getting really close to the new "decade"!

Pam, thanks for your popcorn instructions some time ago!! I tried it yesterday and it was fantastic! Here in Germany the paper bags they sell for lunch are smaller than what I have seen in the US, so I only put 20 grams of corn in it. And that was perfect for the bag! It did not take long at all and I managed to pop nearly all the corn (I think only two did not pop) and nothing burned. It filled a medium size bowl and felt like a huge snack! Just the thing I like!! Afterwards I found out that if I had only had 15 grams, it would only have been 1 point, so I think I will try that next time. What a perfect 1 point snack that will be!!

---

I hope all of you in the snowstorm area are safe and warm! Here the winter is moving along as boring as ever, not a lot of snow, not a lot of sun either. I am so ready for it to be done with...

Tonight a friend of mine and I will go to the local pool to swim. We are thinking of making this a regluar outing. It would be a nice change from my normal exercise which is just running and walking.

Results are up! Go to the first post and look at all the pretty colors!!!!

Molly, congratulations on reaching your goal!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We have lots pf people who had really good results this month so far - I hope you all will finish strong and get as close to your goal as possible!!

I love all the beautiful colors - looks like a lot of people are doing well!

Congrats on reaching your goal, Molli!

Just in case the power goes off you have stuff around that doesn't need cooking?

That's a really good point - always a good idea to have be prepared in case the power goes out. People worry about having batteries for flashlights, fully charged cell phones, etc - but food is just as important!

JIs there anything in your life that you thought you would never be able to do, but once you tried it, you realised that you can accomplish it?

That's a good accomplishment! I'm a big apple fan, so it's always nice to hear when a recipe with more apples works out!

Fly by.....

Congrats on making goal! Hopefully you'll be able to stay where you are (or maybe even lose more) for the rest of the month - but either way, even just getting below goal during the month is a great accomplishment!

Your home-made mocca sounds great! And most likely a far healthier treat than Starbucks. ;) Hope you are keeping safe in the snow!

It was better in concept than execution (I had the wrong chocolate/sugar balance), but definitely much healthier than Starbucks, so I'm glad I tried it!

I hope all of you in the snowstorm area are safe and warm! Here the winter is moving along as boring as ever, not a lot of snow, not a lot of sun either. I am so ready for it to be done with...

Tonight a friend of mine and I will go to the local pool to swim. We are thinking of making this a regluar outing. It would be a nice change from my normal exercise which is just running and walking.

Swimming is always a nice change of pace. I wish I was able to swim more, but I don't have a pool available to me. And doing it with a friend will add some extra fun!

---
Well, snowmaggedon/snowpocalypse here was kind of a bust - we got about a foot (some places got a lot less), which is really not enough to shut down NYC.

We've got a full house here today (everyone's work is closed), which changes my schedule a bit, but not much. I've got a few things I need to take care of, and then I'm hoping to hop on the treadmill some time between lunch and dinner.

Have a great day, everyone!

Fly by.....

Congrats!

I'm with ya. I'm at my goal right now but I'm premenstrual and I'm thinking I need to go below that just to hang on to it Friday. It's gonna be a long week.

NSV today -- I walked 4 miles on the dreadmill :teeth: I've been trying to add some mileage on in prep for WDW in five weeks and so far I hadn't gotten over 3 miles..but today I decided I was going to do 3.5 and I was having a good day so I was able to push it to 4 ....wooohooooo!!! I'm no where near the speed of my glory days, well I can hit that speed but I can't maintain it, but hey that's ok when I'm working on stamina

---
Well, snowmaggedon/snowpocalypse here was kind of a bust - we got about a foot (some places got a lot less), which is really not enough to shut down NYC.

We've got a full house here today (everyone's work is closed), which changes my schedule a bit, but not much. I've got a few things I need to take care of, and then I'm hoping to hop on the treadmill some time between lunch and dinner.

Sorry that you missed out on the snow chaos! ;) Hope you managed to get your exercise in despite the full house!

Congrats!

I'm with ya. I'm at my goal right now but I'm premenstrual and I'm thinking I need to go below that just to hang on to it Friday. It's gonna be a long week.

Good luck for keeping the momentum going!

NSV today -- I walked 4 miles on the dreadmill :teeth: I've been trying to add some mileage on in prep for WDW in five weeks and so far I hadn't gotten over 3 miles..but today I decided I was going to do 3.5 and I was having a good day so I was able to push it to 4 ....wooohooooo!!! I'm no where near the speed of my glory days, well I can hit that speed but I can't maintain it, but hey that's ok when I'm working on stamina

Well done!! :cheer2:

4 miles is quite a distance!! I hope you are not too sore today.

---

Well, I did not go swimming yesterday. My friend had a cold and I thought I better should take things a bit slower since I had trouble with my asthma during the weekend. I am still not totally perfect with my breathing just yet, so I guess it is better to let things settle down a bit more.

But I have a NSV victory to report: This week I managed to do meal planning again for the whole week and today is the second day in a row that I brought my own lunch to work. Monday and Thursday are set as the days I go out, but three days I will bring my own lunch. I feel that is a good compromise. So, I already managed two out of the three days! I hope this is something that will soon become more of a routine and hence easier to do. :thumbsup2

I looked around today(the web) thinking dieting was sapping my energy, there is something to it-- I remember being tired before. Then I looked around some more because I've been thinking about seeing a therapist about my daughter--took an online test and found out I am way healthier than I thought...but that I was dealing with something tough and could easily--well lose it. So I downloaded some Dr. Wayne Dyer I hadn't heard before--well some of it I just hadn't heard for awhile...and went to work out. After listening to an hour of Wayne on the elliptical-- I did an hour but didn't push myself as my energy levels have been low. I felt better. Then I did my weights and Pink's so what came on and I felt very verified--this is about where I am with my daughter right now...I'm just not going to let her do it to me-- I'm in a good place and it is the same old crap with her.
Anyway as pertaining to the post-- I ordered some american ginseng to help with energy levels when dieting this time-- I am not going to let the tired thing hurt the process. I also got some of those ginseng vials (great at Disneyland).

Also made and awesome mealtloaf with some panko that'd been in my fridge for Ever and had some from the freezer corn I had the good sense to freeze at the end of our farming season.
I've also decided when I get to my goal weight I'll get another tatt--one of Jimminy Cricket with his top hat and umbrella. Watched Maleficent tonight--loved it!
Sorry for the long response--but I'm in a great place tonight!

I looked around today(the web) thinking dieting was sapping my energy, there is something to it-- I remember being tired before. Then I looked around some more because I've been thinking about seeing a therapist about my daughter--took an online test and found out I am way healthier than I thought...but that I was dealing with something tough and could easily--well lose it. So I downloaded some Dr. Wayne Dyer I hadn't heard before--well some of it I just hadn't heard for awhile...and went to work out. After listening to an hour of Wayne on the elliptical-- I did an hour but didn't push myself as my energy levels have been low. I felt better. Then I did my weights and Pink's so what came on and I felt very verified--this is about where I am with my daughter right now...I'm just not going to let her do it to me-- I'm in a good place and it is the same old crap with her.
Anyway as pertaining to the post-- I ordered some american ginseng to help with energy levels when dieting this time-- I am not going to let the tired thing hurt the process. I also got some of those ginseng vials (great at Disneyland).

Also made and awesome mealtloaf with some panko that'd been in my fridge for Ever and had some from the freezer corn I had the good sense to freeze at the end of our farming season.
I've also decided when I get to my goal weight I'll get another tatt--one of Jimminy Cricket with his top hat and umbrella. Watched Maleficent tonight--loved it!

Seems like you are doing well! I am glad that you are getting over feeling low on energy! Kudos for exercising even you did not feel like it! :thumbsup2

I remember that you were going to get a tatoo the last time - was it Figaro? Did it turn out well?

----

Happy Thursday everyone!

I wanted to alert you that you don't need to send in a weight this Friday (unless you want to) - since it is only two days until the end of the month, just send me your final weight for January on Sunday. I am not sure when I will be able to post the final results as I am leaving on Sunday for a week of training. I will try to update from my ipad, but I am not sure whether I will be able to get the spreadsheet to work on my ipad while I am away.

Pam is going to be our hostess for February and I am sure that you can expect the February thread to go up soon, so keep an eye out for it.

And this is also a great moment to call for volunteers for hosting the WATP thread in one of the coming months! March is still available, Molly signed up for April, but the rest of the year is wide open! Think about it, it really is not that difficult at all and I personally find it a great motivation to keep focussed on living healthy!

I hope you are all going to finish January strong and make the last few days count!!

Hey all! Just reporting in that I did NOT disappear during the #blizzardof2015 event! Just took the time to get some projects done around the house and stayed away from the computer!

I'm back to "real life" today (after two snow days) and ready to catch up with you all! Off to read and reply while I sip my coffee!..............P

So I decided to start with the Leslie Sansone Walk It Off in 30 Days dvd.
I figured follow the 30 day exercise plan, so Day 1 is Burn 30 dvd. Hand weights are optional, and most people were using 2-3 lb hand weights. I said to myself. "screw that, I'll use my 10 lb dumbbells! I'll burn more!"

DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT USE 10 LB DUMBBELLS!

Good god I was really feeling it! Made it almost 20 minutes in before I had to drop the weights, I just couldn't handle them anymore. Going to pick up a set of hand weights, but considering how well I did with the 10 pounders, I'll be getting something larger than 4 lb hand weights.

Careful that you don't cause yourself some shoulder and/or neck pains using weights that are too heavy!

This weekend was rough. Ended up eating out twice, and today especially was a doozy (Qdoba). I am still going to try and hit the gym tonight, and that should help, but dang.

I also went shopping yesterday, but bought almost nothing for myself, because I didn't like how anything on the sale rack fit me. That helped a lot when we went into Godiva and got our monthly free piece of chocolate, which I did NOT eat. I'm going to save it for when I'm PMSing (prob. later this week). On the plus side, I hit the kids used clothing store for DD for their super clearance sale, and got a ton of stuff she needs for the next year or so. :)

Poor DD had a rough weekend too. She was complaining about her bottom hurting, and crying hysterically, so we took her to the Dr. She said DD is probably super constipated, and has been for quite some time. That explains all the accidents she's been having for the past month or so! I'm hoping we can clear it up with Metamucil and juice, but we may have to give her a suppository. Poor peanut. :(

I was also super sore this weekend from working out both thurs and friday... tried intervals on the treadmill instead of just my usual elliptical machine. definitely feeling it in my stabilizing muscles!

Hope everyone else had a better weekend, lol. On to another week!

Poor DD!! Hope she is feeling better! Are you trying to ramp up the high fiber foods? Beans and lentils are loaded with healthy fiber.... if she eats a piece of fruit be sure she is eating the skin. Some people are just prone to being more constipated, no matter how well they eat. Hope you can get a handle on this for her.

Arg!! So sorry for being away!!! I volunteered for the youth exchange organisation that send me on my year abroad for half the weekend and then Sunday was spent at the birthday brunch of a dear friend... And then last night I had the joy to experience my first ever visit to an emergency room as I had trouble with my asthma (I am fine now and might have been a bit too cautious, but I just could not sleep with the feeling that I don't get enough air in my lungs...).

But hey, while TOM gave me some surprise pounds at the end of the week, they are gone as of today, together with 2.5 pounds as compared to the previous weigh in!!! :cool1: I am doing well this month!

And tonight has to be the night I get all your weights up!! For two weeks... :blush:

Glad you are feeling better! I can definitely understand an ER visit if you can't breathe!!

WOOHOO on the pounds gone!

Motivational Monday:

weight-loss-motivation.jpg

Is there anything in your life that you thought you would never be able to do, but once you tried it, you realised that you can accomplish it?

I like this quote as it highlights that you won't get anywhere if you don't try it. So, just bying showing up here and making little changes we are already on our way to our goal. And if necessary - try over and over again. Every day gives us a new chance to try again!

The one thing that comes into my mind of something that I tried despite thinking I would not be able to do it was Tower of Terror. I only went on it because my friend was keen and I was too much of a Disney nerd to skip an attraction that supposedly was so well themed. Now it is one of my favourite rides in all of the parks! :thumbsup2

Running..... I was convinced that there was something about me that made running impossible..... but I put that notion to the test and decided to TRY running a few years ago. And I CAN RUN! That being said.... I don't really enjoy it, so I don't do it often. I am more likely now to do walk/run intervals. But I have proven that I CAN RUN!!

Fly by.....

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We have a generator, so I don't worry too much.... we can always use the stove top and/or microwave and/or gas grill. The kids STILL talk about the time we made breakfast outside on the grill in the aftermath of a storm!

I don't bake, so I'm impressed!

Pam, thanks for your popcorn instructions some time ago!! I tried it yesterday and it was fantastic! Here in Germany the paper bags they sell for lunch are smaller than what I have seen in the US, so I only put 20 grams of corn in it. And that was perfect for the bag! It did not take long at all and I managed to pop nearly all the corn (I think only two did not pop) and nothing burned. It filled a medium size bowl and felt like a huge snack! Just the thing I like!! Afterwards I found out that if I had only had 15 grams, it would only have been 1 point, so I think I will try that next time. What a perfect 1 point snack that will be!!

SO GLAD it work out for you!!!

---

Sounds like fun!

That's a really good point - always a good idea to have be prepared in case the power goes out. People worry about having batteries for flashlights, fully charged cell phones, etc - but food is just as important!

I agree!!

---

I don't think our snow event was quite as spectacular as they built it up to be either.....but we did get at least 2 feet of snow and I think it was a good idea to keep people off the roads as much as possible.... and unfortunately it usually requires the declaration of a state of emergency to do that!

I am always more inspired to hit the TM when I have a Disney trip in my near future!! I mentally picture myself walking around MK!

Well, I did not go swimming yesterday. My friend had a cold and I thought I better should take things a bit slower since I had trouble with my asthma during the weekend. I am still not totally perfect with my breathing just yet, so I guess it is better to let things settle down a bit more.

Probably a good idea.... and now you can look forward to a swim in the next few weeks.

But I have a NSV victory to report: This week I managed to do meal planning again for the whole week and today is the second day in a row that I brought my own lunch to work. Monday and Thursday are set as the days I go out, but three days I will bring my own lunch. I feel that is a good compromise. So, I already managed two out of the three days! I hope this is something that will soon become more of a routine and hence easier to do. :thumbsup2

WONDERFUL! And once you MAKE IT a routine, I PROMISE it will become easier. My "soup-a-day" plan (as I am now calling it) has been truly a WONDERFUL thing! I made a big batch of pea soup, froze it in mason jars in individual portions (I am the only one here who likes it) and then every time I made a soup or stew and had one portion left, I froze it in a mason jar..... until I eventually had at least two weeks worth of lunches in the freezer. I had a variety of flavors and PPVs to choose from. Throw the mason jar, a spoon, and an apple into my bag and I am ready to go! If I know I am working the next day, I usually grab a soup and put it in the fridge overnight to start defrosting (otherwise it seems to take half of my lunch for the soup to properly heat through). I've also dropped my mason jar into a bowl of warm water for an hour or two before lunch to get a head start.

You could do this with casseroles as well.... and perhaps even with meat and veggies.... dice the meat portion and put it in the bottom of the jar and put the veggies on top??

Anyhow...... I never wish I was eating school lunch (ICK!) or dreaming of take out.... I truly look forward to my healthy lunches!

Sounds like you have a good plan for work lunches combined with lunch out!!

Good for you for taking charge of your health!!

Glad you are feeling so positive tonight!!

Happy Thursday everyone!

I wanted to alert you that you don't need to send in a weight this Friday (unless you want to) - since it is only two days until the end of the month, just send me your final weight for January on Sunday. I am not sure when I will be able to post the final results as I am leaving on Sunday for a week of training. I will try to update from my ipad, but I am not sure whether I will be able to get the spreadsheet to work on my ipad while I am away.

Pam is going to be our hostess for February and I am sure that you can expect the February thread to go up soon, so keep an eye out for it.

And this is also a great moment to call for volunteers for hosting the WATP thread in one of the coming months! March is still available, Molly signed up for April, but the rest of the year is wide open! Think about it, it really is not that difficult at all and I personally find it a great motivation to keep focussed on living healthy!

I hope you are all going to finish January strong and make the last few days count!!

Thanks for all of those housekeeping details! I am planning to get the February post up sometime tomorrow, as I am pretty busy on Saturday..... but February is one of those months that looks really pretty on a calendar.... it starts on a SUNDAY.... nice and even!!:lmao:

Well.... time to finish my coffee and hit the TM....:rolleyes2...............P

WONDERFUL! And once you MAKE IT a routine, I PROMISE it will become easier. My "soup-a-day" plan (as I am now calling it) has been truly a WONDERFUL thing! I made a big batch of pea soup, froze it in mason jars in individual portions (I am the only one here who likes it) and then every time I made a soup or stew and had one portion left, I froze it in a mason jar..... until I eventually had at least two weeks worth of lunches in the freezer. I had a variety of flavors and PPVs to choose from. Throw the mason jar, a spoon, and an apple into my bag and I am ready to go! If I know I am working the next day, I usually grab a soup and put it in the fridge overnight to start defrosting (otherwise it seems to take half of my lunch for the soup to properly heat through). I've also dropped my mason jar into a bowl of warm water for an hour or two before lunch to get a head start.

what a great idea! I make a lot of soup in the winter, but my DH would eat it year round and that would be a great way to stock up on easy lunches for him! seems like the end of the leftover soup just stares back at everyone in the frig and nobody eats it :rotfl2:

well, I hope I didn't blow my progress yesterday :sad1: I had a really good workout in the morning, and I'm telling you all, the BIG workoutds for me (wed/sat) just totally knock me off my feet for the day. I took an 1.5 hour nap and still couldn't get functional! I sure hope my body can adjust somewhat b/c losing two days a week to getting nothing done really puts me behind. I may try a little extra steroid on Saturday, I just have to do that with caution...too much has consequences of its own

anyhow....so I did great with exercise yesterday but not with food. we had a dinner with our couples bible study group and I know I was rightesouly over calories yesterday. I will be super on point today and cross my fingers and toes for tomorrow WI

recovery day here so a stroll on the TM to try and get some steps in for the day, I've been watching Hotel Impossible on Netflix and I find myself looking forward to seeing another episode so that helps

crappy weather here -- think i'll stay inside :thumbsup2

Hey all!! I still plan to put the February challenge up tomorrow, but it looks like the Disboards will be down a good portion of the day on Sunday for the upgrade, so we may be off to a slow start for February. No worries though! We will plan to have our first official QOTD and motivation on 2/2. Just wanted to let you all know!..................P

Medium-sized mega-reply from me today.

WooHoo! It's always a great feeling when you can add a little more on to those workouts! Even if you're not at the speed you used to be at, it's still great that you're able to increase your distance - you don't need to be able to walk fast at WDW, you just need to be able to walk a lot!

Sorry that you missed out on the snow chaos! ;) Hope you managed to get your exercise in despite the full house!
I actually love snow, so I would have been very happy with snowmaggedon ... probably because I don't have to shovel it (smaller amounts I shovel, but but if there's enough to keep my brother home from work, he'll shovel). Thankfully, I did manage to get some exercise in right before bed (I would have liked to do it earlier, but people wanted my attention).

Yay! Meal planning is pretty hard, and it's great that you're able to work your lunch plans into your meal plan.

Hey all! Just reporting in that I did NOT disappear during the #blizzardof2015 event! Just took the time to get some projects done around the house and stayed away from the computer!

I'm back to "real life" today (after two snow days) and ready to catch up with you all! Off to read and reply while I sip my coffee!..............P
I'm glad you got some stuff done during the snowstorm! Sometimes it's nice to be stuck in the house and get things done.

Hey all!! I still plan to put the February challenge up tomorrow, but it looks like the Disboards will be down a good portion of the day on Sunday for the upgrade, so we may be off to a slow start for February. No worries though! We will plan to have our first official QOTD and motivation on 2/2. Just wanted to let you all know!..................P

Thank you!

----
As for me, I got over 19,000 steps in today (I wanted 20,000, but I kinda collapsed at the end of the day and didn't get much in). Problem is, I've been snacking on too much junk food. Because of bad planning and forgetting to pack food when I went out, I missed my snacks today and had a very late lunch (like 5PM), and I think that may have contributed to my snacking. Hopefully it won't have too much of an impact, and I know I have to do better tomorrow.
I have to remember that one bad day won't ruin me ... it's hard to remember, but important.

Anyway, it's bedtime for me. Have a great night/day everyone!

Eh, no worries. We'll be using our final weigh ins for the start weight for February anyways ::yes::

Morning all and Happy Friday!!! We are having another quick "frosting" of snow on top of the two feet from earlier this week, but still have school as usual. I a subbing for Art which makes me pretty happy....no math!

I am cooking up some plans for February to hopefully help us all stay on track and keep up the New Year's motivation!! I'm hoping to get the entire month's worth of QOTD and motivation typed up and scheduled so that if I get busy I can just cut and paste it without a lot of trouble.

Let me know if there is anything special you would like to talk about this month and I'll be sure to work it in!!

Today's weigh-in was :scared1: !! I knew it wouldn't be pretty but it was much worse than anticipated (darn birthday cake!!).... hoping it is just a salt issue and that tomorrow will look better!! I know I am feeling a little dehydrated. TTYL...................P

You could do this with casseroles as well.... and perhaps even with meat and veggies.... dice the meat portion and put it in the bottom of the jar and put the veggies on top??

Anyhow...... I never wish I was eating school lunch (ICK!) or dreaming of take out.... I truly look forward to my healthy lunches!

Sounds like you have a good plan for work lunches combined with lunch out!!

Well, I failed today - but I ended up visiting my parents yesterday evening and stayed much longer than planned because we were having fun chatting. So, at least it was not because I was too lazy, but because I did something else that I consider "productive". Especially since they are going to leave on a three week trip to Norway on Saturday.

Thanks for the idea with the soup. My problem is that I don't have access to a microwave here at work. So the only lunches I can bring are cold lunches. And I don't have a fridge here either. For the non-fridge issue I actually bought some small cooler bags that are just lunch size, so I have already some infrastructure for that side of the problem. Maybe I should look into a food thermos. I know that they exist and if I just nuke my frozen lunch in the microwave at home while eating breakfast, I could then take it with me in the thermos!! :idea::stir:

Thanks for all of those housekeeping details! I am planning to get the February post up sometime tomorrow, as I am pretty busy on Saturday..... but February is one of those months that looks really pretty on a calendar.... it starts on a SUNDAY.... nice and even!!:lmao:

Well.... time to finish my coffee and hit the TM....:rolleyes2...............P

Thanks for taking over in February!! :thumbsup2

Oops - that got changed... I am so excited for the new software! Supposedly it will be much easier to multiquote they said on the podcast. You will just have to highlight what you want to quote and once you highlighted it, it will ask you if you want to quote it and if you click on yes, that part will be quoted and you can do it with as many parts of the post as you want. Sounds great to me!

what a great idea! I make a lot of soup in the winter, but my DH would eat it year round and that would be a great way to stock up on easy lunches for him! seems like the end of the leftover soup just stares back at everyone in the frig and nobody eats it :rotfl2:

well, I hope I didn't blow my progress yesterday :sad1: I had a really good workout in the morning, and I'm telling you all, the BIG workoutds for me (wed/sat) just totally knock me off my feet for the day. I took an 1.5 hour nap and still couldn't get functional! I sure hope my body can adjust somewhat b/c losing two days a week to getting nothing done really puts me behind. I may try a little extra steroid on Saturday, I just have to do that with caution...too much has consequences of its own

anyhow....so I did great with exercise yesterday but not with food. we had a dinner with our couples bible study group and I know I was rightesouly over calories yesterday. I will be super on point today and cross my fingers and toes for tomorrow WI

recovery day here so a stroll on the TM to try and get some steps in for the day, I've been watching Hotel Impossible on Netflix and I find myself looking forward to seeing another episode so that helps

crappy weather here -- think i'll stay inside :thumbsup2

I find it admirable that you manage to get those workouts done even if they take their toll on your body! Hopefully you will be able to adjust! :thumbsup2

Need to check out what Hotel Impossible is - very intriguing title! :thumbsup2

As for me, I got over 19,000 steps in today (I wanted 20,000, but I kinda collapsed at the end of the day and didn't get much in). Problem is, I've been snacking on too much junk food. Because of bad planning and forgetting to pack food when I went out, I missed my snacks today and had a very late lunch (like 5PM), and I think that may have contributed to my snacking. Hopefully it won't have too much of an impact, and I know I have to do better tomorrow.
I have to remember that one bad day won't ruin me ... it's hard to remember, but important.

Anyway, it's bedtime for me. Have a great night/day everyone!

Wow, well done on the steps!!

I find that not keeping to meal times totally throws my eating as well. I need to eat regularly and have my big meals. Otherwise I end up snacking endlessly.

Morning all and Happy Friday!!! We are having another quick "frosting" of snow on top of the two feet from earlier this week, but still have school as usual. I a subbing for Art which makes me pretty happy....no math!

I am cooking up some plans for February to hopefully help us all stay on track and keep up the New Year's motivation!! I'm hoping to get the entire month's worth of QOTD and motivation typed up and scheduled so that if I get busy I can just cut and paste it without a lot of trouble.

Let me know if there is anything special you would like to talk about this month and I'll be sure to work it in!!

Today's weigh-in was :scared1: !! I knew it wouldn't be pretty but it was much worse than anticipated (darn birthday cake!!).... hoping it is just a salt issue and that tomorrow will look better!! I know I am feeling a little dehydrated. TTYL...................P

I am impressed that you have the whole month planned out already! But that is indeed a great idea. I should do that the next time I am hosting. It makes so much sense...

Nothing particular I want to talk about, I am always happy to be surprised!

---

I was pleased that the scale was nice enough today. I am still up a little from Monday, but down from two weeks ago. So maybe the Monday weigh in was not totally correct... But I still have tomorrow to see what the scale does.

I ended my week with perfect tracking. I am so proud of myself. Every little thing got tracked! And the end result is that I ate all my weekly extras and 4 of my 38 activity points. The last two weeks were not perfect with regard to weight loss. But I had to deal with TOM and the asthma attack, so not sure how that influenced the whole weight loss. Overall, I am happy with my results over the last 4 weeks and I will keep eating my weekly extra. This week I have started to be better in how I use my extra points (less on senseless snacking, more on healthy food). So, hopefully I can keep this up.

Hello all! :wave2:

Kudos to everyone for sticking with their healthy lifestyles and goals all month long! :yay::yay::yay:

I've been lurking this month since I am still doing the sandwich generation thing. :crowded:

Magdalene, thanks for hostessing this month! :thanks: Hope that you are feeling better. :flower3:

Pamela, thanks for hostessing February! :thanks:

Susan, congratulations on your new grandbaby! :love:

Karen, nice to see you on the Disboards again! I do enjoy your FB posts, too. I think of you every time my son starts talking about college. :faint:

Molli, kudos to you for working out so hard even when it wipes you out! I hope you can find that happy medium soon. :flower3:

Sarah, awesome job on the mega-steps! :cool2:

I'll be popping on a time or two on the February thread for sure. See you all soon!

Magdalene -- great job with your tracking! it feels like such a great accomplishment, doesn't it?

sarah -- 19k steps!! :worship::worship:

Pamela -- thanks for hostessing in Feb.. we'll get her going once the board upgrade is done , no stress!

Lisa -- good to see you :hug:

well..drumroll....I did it! I made my goal and then some! I'm in a new decade! :cool1::cool1: I am so stoked! it has not been easy this month and my accountability groups (here and real life) have made a HUGE difference. I'm stoked to lose another 5 lbs before I go to WDW in march! I feel like I can really DO THIS!

and truly thank you all for the kudos...it gets me down and your encouragement means a lot :teeth:

Getting a fuller schedule these days. :bitelip: So glad and grateful to be employed but now my schedule has become so full I have work daily now. Mon and Wednesdays are pretty full days but others are short shifts here and there. I may have to ask them to find someone to take over the weekends. If they add on any more in my day times I may have to. But for now it works out great to get more hours and still work around dd's school schedule. Its a bit tougher because there is no bus transportation and my mom is only one nearby that could do it and she has no vehicle.

Hit post too soon. Tracking food still isn't going so well. But I'm thinking I will join Planet Fitness. I want to see if they would let my daughter too or not. She wanted to start running races but needs some endurance building for the gymnastics she will want to start here very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter