With All These Cindys Posts, I Have A Question

CamColt

Does anyone go to Cindys just for the food?

I have never been big on any characters and with DS not to thrilled with them, we never do autographs or wait in lines to see them or anything like that. We usually do 1 character breakfast per trip just for fun. Well, going to WDW with my nieces this summer put me on a quest to get the ever popular Cindys PS. We got it, went, and had a very enjoyable meal. Now, I would like to go back again, not for the princesses, but for the french toast & potatoes. YUM!
Do you think Disney should have a similar meal some where else without characters to alleviate some of the pressure for getting Cindys PS, or am I the only one who would make it a point to eat there? ;)

I wouldn't go for the food, especially at $19.99 a head, yikes, definitely not worth it. I don't think it would be busy at all for breakfast if the princesses weren't there.

If I were to pick a place for the food I'd go for 1900 Park Fare's breakfast buffet, I think it's one of the best!

Just my opinion (and I know I am in the minority) but we thought they food was AWFUL!!!!!

If you go to Cindy's for Dinner it's great. No characters, pleasant service and great Prime Rib. Last time we were there it was great.:smooth:

I am glad that we don't do breakfast's. Luckily we don't have a very hard time booking most of our PS for lunch and dinners!!

There are restaurants that have breakfasts in the hotels that serve breakfast. I would assume, that most people would not go to a breakfast like that unless it had characters.

Melanie

I am glad that we don't do breakfast's. Luckily we don't have a very hard time booking most of our PS for lunch and dinners!!

There are restaurants that have breakfasts in the hotels that serve breakfast. I would assume, that most people would not go to a breakfast like that unless it had characters.

Melanie

I'm not really into the characters either, but my DGD7 likes them. We went to Cindy's last year and I got a kick out of watching my DGD get all flustered around Aladdin....she dropped her fork, almost spilled her milk and everything.LOL I've never seen her that way before...it was too funny. We're going again on 10/30 & I'm hoping you know who will be there again!

Anyway, I liked the french toast and potatos too. I liked the coffee even though I hear it's instant. I wish they served the french toast & potatos somewhere without the characters and the high $ price tag. I'd like a good breakfast without it being characters or buffet.

Jennymouse, I guess we wont have any trouble getting a PS there. ;)

Originally posted by CamColt
Jennymouse, I guess we wont have any trouble getting a PS there. ;)

Probably not! Folks really like the character breakfasts and buffets. I'd like to sit down, order some of that french toast and perhaps some bacon and pay $4.99...eat, then go on with my day.:rolleyes:

As you know CamColt.....thanks to your cancellation we also got to enjoy Cindy's for breakfast this August. I agree I thought the food was delicious, my kids loved the characters, and I am glad we were able to attend. I would definately NOT go to Cindy's again only because it IS so difficult to get a ressie. I think I will try Kona Cafe next time we decide to have a big breakfast. I've seen many posts about the Tonga Toast and I will have to try it one of these days!

Thanks again for being such a nice DIS member and posting your cancellation so others (like me) could have a chance to get in! :)

Allshookup, Im so glad you enjoyed your Cindys experience. I was thinking of you that day.
The Tonga Toast at Kona is very good too. I have a hard time picking a favorite between that and the Cindys French Toast.

A breakfast without the characters isn't a draw for us at all. If we aren't having breakfast with the characters, we eat as we're getting ready in the morning. We prefer lunch or an early dinner with characters over breakfast. If we ran into awful food, characters or not, we'd be disappointed. We've had nothing but great experiences at character meals, fortunately. I wouldn't be any competition for PS at a breakfast sans the characters.

I have a agree, if you are doing breakfast for breakfast's sake, then to to either Kona Cafe or 1900 Park Faire. The food will be great, and you won't have the headache and sleep depravation from trying to get that Cindy's reservation.

You can eat here breakfast, lunch or dinner. Breakfast is the only meal with characters. The food is good for the theme parks (best restaurants are at the resorts or boardwalk) I would reccomend going for dinner and trying to get a window seat, the MK is lit up and the lights are glowing inside the castle. A meal in the castle is a Disney must do, at least once.

I don't think any one can beat Boatwrights banana stuffed french toast.......at Port Orleans Riverside.it is the best I have had in wdw.and we go a lot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter