With decreased park hours would it be wise to go to EMH parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I have been thinking since they are taking reservations to get into each park should we go for EMH parks?
Considering they are only taking so many people into each park I don’t think it could get overcrowded. Im guessing they will not allow park hopping?
Would it be wise to try for the EMH parks to get longer hours?

We don't even know if EMH will be a thing and honestly with the way they are staggering park opening I kinda doubt they will but one of the many don't knows right now
Yeah it’s hard to tell, but they are still on the calendar.

I also wondered if it would be smart to try to get a reservation in the park with EMH. It would seem like you would be getting more hours for the same amount of money--and since attendance will be capped at the same number of people each day, crowd calendars are kind of a thing of the past as long as this goes on.

There are two reasons I might not do this --1) I already have ADRs in other parks that I'm hoping I can keep. and 2) we don't know if they will really keep EMH on the schedule or change the hours as the weeks/months go by.

It is all such a mystery. I was wondering about EMH, too. The parades and night time shows are not on the calendar after the announcement that they have been cancelled. BUT the water parks are on the calendar and it was announced that they would not be operating either.

I think at this point, I would just tailor my choice of park based on where my dining reservations are - so if I have a breakfast at 9, then maybe I'd reserve Epcot if it opened at 11 or I have dinner reservation at 5 so maybe I go with the park that opens the earliest. I think you won't really know until everything opens and is operational for awhile or as restrictions are lifted.

"For the time being" might mean in the interim dates between DVC resorts opening and the parks opening. I can't imagine why Disney would go through the trouble of updating the park hours now that they've announced their opening plan and put incorrect info on their own site when they have been so careful not showing their hand about literally everything else/shutting down the reservations and basically blacking out communication and planning tools.

They're on the website under park hours for certain dates - again I ask what purpose it would serve for Disney to post those hours if they're incorrect or they don't intend to keep them?

Looking at the hours posted, it seems like they have EMHs for one park every day mostly in the morning. This could very well be intentional. If they go with a reservation system and also take reservations for EMHs, this could help with transportation assuming they are planning to limit capacity on buses, monorails, etc.

They're on the website under park hours for certain dates - again I ask what purpose it would serve for Disney to post those hours if they're incorrect or they don't intend to keep them?
They wouldn’t add EMH hours to the calendar if they planned not to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!