With new code, which is better to book thru - CRO or disney club line??

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
If I book the new room only code (only want a room reservation, no tickets, no package) - what is the best way to book this? through Central Reservations or since I'm a member of the Disney CLub , is there any advantage to booking through the Disney Club line?

What are the deposit /cancellation policies, etc...

Help Please!!

There is actually a DC room only discount that is cheaper than the regular discount.

I'm a member of the Disney Club. I called to get the great discount code that just came out through the Disney Club 800#. I used the Central Reservations Code, not the Disney Club code because I prefer the Central Reservations policy. Even though I used the 800# and the CM answered with Walt Disney Travel Company, I was able to use the Central Reservations code posted on Mousesavers and my ressie is under that policy (Disney Club had its own code).

The Disney Club policy is that you pay $100 to hold your ressie, then 21 days out, you have to pay in full for your resort.

The Central Reservations policy is that you pay your first night's stay as a deposit and the balance when you arrive (which is better for me) With the Central Reservations policy you can cancel 5 days prior to your visit and get a full refund.

Also, as far as the discount being deeper with the Disney Club, I would guess it would be for where you were staying. The CM I talked to gave me both rates for Disney Club code and Central Reservations Code and the Disney Club code worked out to be about $1.00 higher than the Central Reservations Code for some reason.

Also, Annual Passholder rates are supposed to come out on Sunday, so hopefully the discounts will be a little more, not that I'm complaining with a 40% discount!

I had a reservation with Disney Club for 1 night in December at CBR, $118 incl tax. We have a DVC reservation at BWV for 6 nights but due to airline tickets had to arrive a day earlier. I called today on the DC 800# to see about the new code. They looked it up and it was $94.35 with tax. Since the code is on a "different system", they had to book the new reservation, then cancel the old. They are crediting my credit card for the old reservation and charged the new one. It could not be transfered because it was on a different system. So, you can use the DC 800# for code reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter