With no car-eating in the dvc room?

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
So, we don't rent a car on our vacation, we don't go off property so why would we need it?
However this leaves us without the ability to go grocery shopping without paying for expensive taxis!
Previously we were "less budget constricted" so basically ate in the parks and restaurants every meal except breakfast.
This time we are going on a budget.
So what can we get on property for dinners and packed lunches??
We are going for 2weeks so variety would be good!!!!
Our plan is to eat at counter services for lunch every other day and take packed lunches the others,
Dinners we plan to eat in the room one night, then counter service the next then table service the next if that makes sense.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you can get groceries delivered to your room by both Disney and at least one of the grocery companies, though I can't remember which one. The cost is at a premium but it's definitely cheaper than a days car rental or a taxi.

Another thought for cheap and cheerful food is that if you are staying at SSR or OKW you could pop to the Hess in DTD. Given the price their pizzas are great.

My only other thoughts are eat at buffets when doing sit downs as you can fill up for the day and when eating at a QS place aim for places with 'fixins bars' as you can make yourself a salad to go with your meal from it.

I realise I was probably a bit more general than you were wanting but I hope it helps.

EDIT:

Just did a quick google and Garden Grocer will deliver to WDW resorts. http://www.gardengrocer.com/ It's the stanard cost of the groceries + $12 delivery fee.

which resort you staying at? if at the board-walk area hotels BWV,BCV you can walk to the hess garage just outside, Just like a the supermarket garages over here
Beer/wine/sodas/water/crisp/bread/cooked meats/butter/krispie kreem doughnuts to name but a few. prices compaer to walmart and a fraction of disneys cost
They do do pizas but we prefer to order from papa johns(they deliver to your room)
There is a Hess at DTD across from T-Rex if you staying at SSR. and its only a bus ride from any resort(just remember if getting alcohol,it has to be in a bag or they wont let you on the bus)
We sometimes get a limo transfer with a free grocery(beer)stop on the way if were in a large group(have cleared the publix out of bud before now)
Paul

We typically do a Garden Grocer order. Water, any toiletries we are not bringing, food for breakfasts & a few easy lunches or dinners.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

You could rent a car for one day from Alamo at the car care center. They will pick you up at the resort and take you to the rental office.

This way you can grocery shop and have the ability to eat a few meals off site while you have the rental car. A one day rental should cost around $30.

We like to order pizza from Flippers and have it delivered to the resort. THey have pizza, pasta, subs, salads. We order both pizza and pasta this way we have pizza one night and save the pasta for the next night. http://www.flipperspizzeria.com/

** also wanted to mention that after we get the car we stop at the Hess station next door to the car care center to get lunch. They have a nice eating area inside. They serve pizza, hot dogs which are 2 for $2, subs, grilled chicken, and a few mexican items. When we went this past Oct we got 4 hot dogs, a bag of chips, two bottles of soda and spent $7.35 total. If we had gotten the hotdog at Caseys corner inside MK it would have cost $8.95 per person and that does not include a drink.

Our last trip we took a suitcase of stuff with us including tea, coffee, wine, salt, pepper, washing tabs and dishwasher tabs.

We then did a garden grocer order for what we wanted to eat and it worked great. Well not so great for us as idiot here decided to add DDP at the last minute which meant we had far too much food but if i hadn't have bought DDP it would have been perfect. I sat down and figured out what meals we would eat in and worked out a detailed shopping list. It arrived the day we checked in and was delivered straight to our room. It cost 12 dollars but delivery was free over 200 dollars so it depends how much you order. Next trip we are not doing DDP and I have only booked our must dos as TS the rest of the time we will eat in the room and i will order again from garden grocer.

We have never had a car in all our visits & manage fine we are only off site maybe 4 times at most.
We normally use Garden Grocer for water, juice, bread, fruit etc.
I have also taken cereals,orange squash & snack items from home for my DS.

You could also take a car service into WDW. They allow for a grocery/liquor stop so you could stock your room from the get go. When eating out of the Villa, it's worth pre-planning menu's to insure you have variety despite working with the same foods. You know what I mean? We always get a couple of rotisseire chickens which obvi can be a dinner, or used in in salad, or used for fajita's. If you get chili, that also can be an entree or used for chili dogs or nacho's. See what I mean?
:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!