With Sniper Guy Around ~ would you drive I95?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
We have been thinking of a beach trip, either Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach but I am nervous about driving I95 with the sniper around. What would you do? S

Until this person(s), and I use the term lightly, is found I would not go anywhere near that area!

M2CW

Scratch
:(

I'd avoid that area if at all possible.

We are driving in April and are really hoping this lunatic is caught or else we will head over to I-75.

The CAA are telling people not to travel anywhere near this area.They are telling anybody travelling to Florida now to take the I-75.I know I wouldnt be travelling in this area until that lunatic is caught.

NOOOOOO way!

We were talking about this last night. The last time we went we stopped at Fredericksburg to sleep and eat. There is no way I would do that this time.:mad:

This maniac needs some serious punishment

We usually take the I75 anyway but were thinking about I95 and there's no way we'd go near it at this time. Hopefully he/she/they will be caught soon. Can't imagine what stress it would be to live in the area.

Cdnmickeylover

Absolutely not for us Sandra!:( There is no way we would put ourselves at any risk with this "predator" still loose.:mad:

My heart goes out to all of those affected by this "thing".:(

I hate say it but if you have to go you have to go!!:crazy: If I had booked a trip or had told the family we were going on a trip that had us driving near the area I would go. I may not stay anywhere near the area and stops would be short, but I would go.
You can't always live in a perfect world, but you can't hide from it either.
People used to say not to go to New York City or will get mugged, but we still go there. Ther are places in Toronto that may not be safe, you just have to be careful.
The only reason for not going near Washington is the fact that they have closed the roads for hour to do searches, that would be annoying.
So to answer your question, Yes I would travel near the area to go have a nice vacation on the beach. :jester: :smooth:

Had this conversation this morning with my mom, she called me to let me know that the sniper is still on the loose-I told her I knew that...She thinks that he is "expanding" (her words!) and that we won't be safe in Florida. I tried to explain to her how far these tragedies are from WDW but it made no difference. I am however flattered by the fact she loves us so much that she is worried. I tried to calm her feelings and told her that we are still going and not to worry as we are no where near the sniper area.
Hopefully she won't worry to much. As for the original post-I would totally avoid the area,kind of like going to visit a volocano when it is spewing smoke.
Grover in Winnipeg

No way would I be travelling in that area. I have listened to some news reports that say that there may be more snipers waiting to act in other US cities as well. Not sure if there is truth to these reports or not. I guess we won't know until he/they are caught. I feel so bad for the people living in that area.

My dd is supposed to go to Detroit on a field trip in 10 days, and I am even nervous letting her go on that!

I would still go but mae sure the stops were taken care of prior to reaching that area of I95 just to try and make it a bit safer. Like it was said you can go to Toronto and other large cities EG Vancouver and have terrible areas to so just be carefull and plan your stops around the affected area.

It's kind of funny how the the ladies here feel compared to the guys.:D

Crossing everything this morning that they've found the scums!:mad:

Now that they're are caught....should we drive I95 or I75 starting East of Toronto (Peterborough)
CAA say I95....
This'll be our first "drive" to WDW
MaMudduck

We prefer I75 it seems to be a nice drive just do the Ohio and Michigan part in the dark as there realy isn't much to see in those 2 states.

I've actually driven both but prefer I75 for a couple of reasons. The first is the great book by Dave Hunter - Along the I75 that maps the I75 from Detroit to the Florida border. He has all the exits listed and what's available at each exit in terms of food, hotels and gas. The book also contains lots of interesting facts about the areas that you travel through. The other reason I like to drive the I75 is that it's impossible to get lost and miss and turn off. You get on it at Detroit and stay on it til the Florida turnpike. I like this because it means that during the drive I don't have to worry about missing a turnoff to change highways. I have no sense of direction and don't like to get lost especially when I'm in unfamiliar places. Either way it's a great drive though b/c the destination is so wonderful.

Cdnmickeylover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter