• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With So Much Negative Press, I Enjoyed Seeing This Photo...

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
fc674ff6.jpg

What a great picture! Why can't people who insist on being negative 100% of the time open their eyes a little?

A sweet photo. I hope this is the last war that child has to witness.

There are actually smiles on the faces in that photo. Thanks for posting this.

That's a great picture Patty - thanks for sharing.

It sure is good to see the smiles. :)

I think I saw that one at the end of Dateline last night. They said there is so much see on video but a phote really captures much more. It is an awesome sight!

Here's another:

1049308876.2416353313.jpg

David Toughill, a soldier with Britain's 7th Armored Brigade (Desert Rats) plays with a local girl in Zubayr, southern Iraq. April 2, 2003. Britain has sent or committed 45,000 military personnel, planes and warships to the war. Photo by Pool/Reuters

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030402/170/3owuf.html

And another...

1049299399.3288416341.jpg

Sergeant Lee Sack an APTI (Army Physical Training Corps Instructor) serving as a bodyguard for the Commanding Officer of the First Battalion The Black Watch shares his Tamoshanta beret with Ali, one of the local children from the town of Azubayr, during a 'soft' patrol of the town near Basra in southern Iraq, April 1, 2003. U.S.-led aid officials said on April 2 that the humanitarian crisis in Iraq is not yet extreme, but could quickly get far worse if security is not restored to allow aid handouts to resume. EDITORIAL USE ONLY REUTERS/HO/Giles Penfound - Crown Copyright

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030402/170/3ov5x.html

And one more...

1049285352.3422568543.jpg

Private Matereti Vere, 25, originally from Fiji and serving with the 1st Battalion The Black Watch shares a joke with local children during a 'soft' patrol in Azubayr near Basra in southern Iraq, April 1, 2003. U.S.-led aid officials said on April 2 that the humanitarian crisis in Iraq is not yet extreme, but could quickly get far worse if security is not restored to allow aid handouts to resume. EDITORIAL USE ONLY REUTERS/HO/Giles Penfound - Crown Copyright

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030402/170/3osuf.html

These are fantastic....thanks for the uplifting photos!! ;)

Very nice to see the softer side of things.:D

Great picture!!:D Seeing your son under the picture really puts things into perspective.

Those are wonderful photos posted in this thread. Sure made me smile :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter