With the new Disneyland hotel on hold, what now?

Wow dang... that is crazy. Yeah, I hope they can get some new businesses in there. We loved the movie theater. It was great for non-disney days when we wanted something to do. Hope a new one goes in there.

Wow dang... that is crazy. Yeah, I hope they can get some new businesses in there. We loved the movie theater. It was great for non-disney days when we wanted something to do. Hope a new one goes in there.
AMC will be opening at 6 screen theatre at garden walk early next year.

AMC will be opening at 6 screen theatre at garden walk early next year.
This is from a MousePlanet article today (https://www.mouseplanet.com/12211/Disneyland_Formally_Cancels_Plans_to_Build_Fourth_Hotel): "The AMC Theater could reopen, though there are signs some demolition work had already begun inside the building. With the theater chain canceling its own plans to open a smaller theater in the Garden Walk shopping center across from Disneyland, the company might be lured back to Downtown Disney,..."
This was news to me -- but I would welcome the AMC's return to DTD. We really miss our date night movies there.

This is from a MousePlanet article today (https://www.mouseplanet.com/12211/Disneyland_Formally_Cancels_Plans_to_Build_Fourth_Hotel): "The AMC Theater could reopen, though there are signs some demolition work had already begun inside the building. With the theater chain canceling its own plans to open a smaller theater in the Garden Walk shopping center across from Disneyland, the company might be lured back to Downtown Disney,..."
This was news to me -- but I would welcome the AMC's return to DTD. We really miss our date night movies there.
I haven’t seen a formal announcement from AMC regarding garden walk, but I imagine if the theater were to reopen there then they would likely rehab it to the recliner chairs with premium offerings.

I was just about to post a link to an article on the cancellation of the new hotel, but someone beat me to it. I'm not sure how I feel about it. A new hotel would have been exciting. Oh well.

A new hotel would have been nice, but NOT where they were going to cram it in.

It'd be nice if they could get RFC to come back. The food wasn't spectacular but it was a fun experience.

Be willing to bet the 4th hotel will still eventually happen in some capacity relatively soon. That is a massive potential income stream for Disney and the demand is most certainly there. It was on the drawing board long before the 4 star tax deal came into play...my bet is that they are just gonna play victim card for a while on all the projects that got pulled and stick it to Anaheim while they go back to the drawing board and strategize how they are gonna play their next hand.

Didn't they buy one of the Harbor side hotels also? They were going to level it and make a parking lot with pedestrian bridge? How about update that hotel, and make it an official Disney hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts