Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

What a great story! I would have loved to have meet you in person in December. Another time maybe?

A little late reading this TR. I am currently a Sophomore in college (Hospitality, Resort, & Tourism Management Major at Coastal Carolina). I want to do the college program next spring but afraid of getting turned down bc of my tattoos. I was wondering what you did to cover them up while working? When i got the tattoos i made sure they were easily covered up.

She answered earlier in the thread:

Tattoo cover up has become a perfected art for me! Step One - Concealer or Foundation! I have been switching between Brands to see what I like best. I have tried two so far that have been working great. The first is Kat Von D concealer.($19 Sephora) I like this stuff because it is thick, and very light! The other product I have been using is Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. ($37 Sephora) The 2nd step is the KEY. Setting powder! I ran out of my favorite setting powder (Smashbox) so I have been using a cheap Cover Girl one that has been working perfectly for my tattoos! Sorry if you were looking for a short answer it's just Foundation/Concealer + Setting Powder! :)

I totally assumed she was covering them with makeup, that's why all the haterz were so silly. Tattoos, just like hair, are self expression, and can totally fit with a work-life if handled correctly. Companies like Disney and Starbucks are a little more extreme than most, but even still, where there's a will there's a way!

Ahhh!!! You Really got the Dream Job in the Dream place! Walt Disney World!!! Live like this the Best Time Ever!!

You are 21 and Adventure is what you are supposing be doing!! Have Fun!! Love this moment in your Life!!

You can be old and responsible, later. Or not? LoL !!!

I loved reading every word of your story. I've always been an adventurous soul, and I've taken my share of risks in pursuit of experience. Looking back now - I'm 44 and a mom to a fabulous and adventurous 8 year old girl - I don't regret a thing. I do truly hope that everything works out for you, and even if it doesn't, this will have been an unforgettable experience! Keep on adventuring!

Ahhhhh!! I rarely even lurk on the boards to be honest, so I wasn't aware of this! This makes much more sense now, thanks for letting me know! I am much to proud to ask for money from any of you! Haha. Like I said before though, I will accept all donations of positive thoughts&pixie dust! <3

Sadly, it's part of the world we live in...there are people who would rather take handouts or contrive a sob story to get people's money than work, it creates a cynicism in some (I'll confess, I am sometimes) folks. I'm enjoying your story and agree with a previous comment...you could try your hand at writing. For a 21 yo, you have a much better way with words than most (but I will point out you're "too proud" to ask for money :tongue:). One thing you'll learn in life, no matter how good or bad the choices you make or the reasons for them, other folks will criticize your decisions/choices due to their life experience and outlook. As I told my daughter when she complained saying "Does everything have to be a life lesson?"....everything *IS* a life lesson.

FOLLOW YOUR DREAM!!! There will be hardships on the way, but as someone quoted, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.
Put a different way...YOU GO GIRL!!!

You cant be comparing the two as similar. Please tell me that you aren't. I know this is a Disney board, but really, come on.

The two ARE similar. They both had a dream and took risk to try to obtain that dream. Is she Disney? No. Is she a man? No. Did she grow up in the midwest? No. Many things we have in life we enjoy or depend on were due to other people taking a risk. The person was simply making the point if Walt had not taken a risk (many of them), there would be no Disney, there would be no Disney board and there wouldn't be people on the board being so critical because someone is not living their life in the way THEY FEEL they should. It is amazing to me some of the idiotic things people choose to debate over.

She answered earlier in the thread:

I totally assumed she was covering them with makeup, that's why all the haterz were so silly. Tattoos, just like hair, are self expression, and can totally fit with a work-life if handled correctly. Companies like Disney and Starbucks are a little more extreme than most, but even still, where there's a will there's a way!

While I agree with you to a certain extent regarding self expression, when your appearance is to the public, then you must realize what you think is cool, someone else might really get upset about. Prime example is if someone had a swastika tatoo, those who lived through the holocaust (or possibly their [grand]children) would likely be offended. If you had a tatoo of a person killing a cow, it would be offensive to those who consider them sacred. Those are fairly extreme examples, but the point is, there are people from everywhere in the world at Disney and many different cultures, so the idea (I presume) is to not be offensive in appearance.

Another example...if my preferred form of self expression were to run around without clothes, I'm sure EVERYONE would be offended...not a pretty sight. :joker:

So late to the party. I came upon the thread today. Absolutely could not stop reading.
This "Adventure" was better than many movie scripts, lol

Best of luck in All your Endeavors Khalee! .. live your dreams your way..the very best way you can. pixiedust:
Perhaps you ll update ur next Adventure/s.

Wow! Hey everyone!!!!
I can’t believe I haven’t logged into the Dis in YEARS!!! (Still listened to the dis unplugged every week though!)
I am currently at the airport in Boston waiting for my flight to Orlando for a solo mini 4 day Birthday trip!
I logged on to the dis to try to find someone in the Solo trip board to accompany me to HHN nights tomorrow! It’ll be my first time and even though I enjoy solo trips HHN just seems like it’d be more fun with people!!!!

To my surprise, I just logged on and was flooded with PMs asking for a life update. WHERE DO I BEGIN?! I’ve been married- and divorced! (Apparently I’m still learning to cope with my love for spontaneity like that time I quit my life and moved to orlando to work for Disney LOL)

I am no longer a seasonal cast member. I loved working for the mouse SO much, but now I have a bit more tattoos (including the Haunted Mansion on my hand) so unless Disney ever changes their policy (they won’t and I respect that) it looks like my cast member life is behind me.

Photopass was the best job I ever had. I miss it so so much. When I visit I still just walk around and look for family’s taking selfies and ask them if they want help and make a photo shoot out of it!

I now manage a brand new Salon in Boston! We’re 6 months old and I absolutely adore the salon, my boss, and coworkers. Our mission is to make everyone feel beautiful and welcomed in the salon and we are LGBTQ+ friendly. I try to bring that Disney magic vibe for everyone that comes in.

I still have a passion for photography and have combined that with my love for music and shoot bands playing in Boston!

That’s about it!! Now I’m just a 25 year old in Boston figuring out what’s next (AKA when I’m gonna meet a man that shares my love for metal and Disney- I guess it’s a rare breed LOL )

Thanks for everyone who reached out to me YEARS later!’ My flights about to take off! I can’t wait to be back “home”!

Ok, it is absolutely wild to me that you have updated just recently when I too have only just come back more frequently to the DisBoards (still watch and listen though!). I went to WDW for the first time in 2015 and yours was one of the first TR’s I ever read! I’m glad things are working out for you in Boston and glad you look back fondly on your days at WDW. Wishing you happiness moving forward!

I have literally just binged your entire story and WOW Girl!! I am so very proud of you for being so young but determined to live your dream. I hope you look at in not that you failed but that you actually DID live your dream. You lived it for an entire summer which is so much more than most people do. I must say that I lived vicariously through you for the entire report. You sound so happy right now with your last update and let me tell you, you have a great attitude with a bubbly personality...I see great things in your future:) You do you! And please keep us updated on life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!