Without saying your weight , are you happy or unhappy with your weight?

I could stand to lose 10 to be more comfortable. I placate myself with the fact so many have gained 20 since March, and I've at least stayed the same. Husband and I both want to lose 10 by NYE now, which is a reasonable goal I think.

Weight - yes, I'm happy with that, but I'd like to turn more of it into muscle. If anything it would go up a little.

Overall I am pretty happy. It's not perfect, I have flabby areas, but I like how I feel and i'm currently thrilled with how I look in my clothes. Would I like to be thrilled with hoe I look in size 8 rather than size 10? Sure. But I am about 2 pounds away from a "normal" bmi which my doctor is happy with so I have goals but am happy with where I'm at.

Not unhappy. I am up a few pounds which is pattern for me in times of stress. I have more or less maintained an 89lb weight loss for ten years with little blips here and there. The biggest thing for me is catching it and not letting it get out of hand. So it could be better but it’s not something I’m worried about. A couple weeks of focus on diet will bring me back in line.

If there is any upside to the pandemic it’s that I have a renewed love of physical fitness. I went back to strength training mostly for my mental health but I’m making nice physical strides. My t-shirts are getting snug in the chest and arms, my pants are getting loose. I can see muscles popping just by moving, no flexing required and I’m steadily upping my weights. I’m also experiencing less anxiety and sleeping better.

I'm okay with my weight, not happy with fitness level. No gym or real consistent activity in months, other than day to day stuff.
I've been mostly the same weight for 20+ years, could stand to lose 20, but this is just my normal.

I am not as happy with my weight as I would like to be but I am a work in progress. I am very happy that I have worked out everyday for the last 163 days. Even on rest days I have walked. However, my nutrition is awful. I would be at my goal weight if I could get my act togehter! I have lost 47 lbs since the begining of the year. Even though I would like to lose more my mental health is 100x's better just by working out.

Not happy. I’d like to lose 20lbs but haven’t done anything to make that happen.

Unhappy. And with my thyroid disease, I'm having a hard time getting a handle on it. It's quite depressing actually... I was always at a healthy weight until my thyroid levels decided to change that.

I have made peace with it. I have decided not to diet ever again.

This is where I am also. Especially after learning so much about how dieting does NOT work and how every time you do it, your body makes you gain back MORE than you lost. That is definitely what I've experienced.

I have just accepted that my body has a "set point" around 150-155 (I'm only 5'3") and nothing I can reasonably do will keep it below that. Anytime I manage to get down a few pounds, it comes back very quickly and then will keep climbing if I don't make a concerted effort to not eat too much. I can maintain my weight pretty easily and eat what I want. That's how I'd rather live. I workout consistently, but it makes me hungry, so it's not doing anything for weight loss, but rather just maintaining health.

Plus, it turns out, having about 15-20 pounds of extra body fat comes in super handy if you get critically ill and need to spend time hospitalized. Considering the situation we are facing with Covid, now is not the time to be skinny. Several studies have shown that people love longer and cope better with illnesses when they are "slightly overweight." So, I'm on the intuitive eating bandwagon for life at this point.

Last edited:
VERY unhappy. Admit I am obese.. Wierd thing is I work out almost everyday.. Tody I did a 1 minute walk, 1 min run 25 minute thing in the woods ( pulse 145-155) to get out and get some air. ( sometimes I run longer). Then this evening did 30 minutes ellicipal ( pulse 130) plus 30 minutes weights.. I do this about or 3 times a week ( sometimes 2 or 4) and then usually a step class and there my pulse is higher.. I do about an hour walk a day too but that is not a workout... I have been doing this my whole life really. My issue is most likely genetics. and admittiing overeating. I eat healthy, but large portions and alchohol... I enjoy a glass of wine or two at night.. Not every day but about 3 nights a week.

This is the heaviest I have ever been. with covid I am trying as a larger percentage of deaths at least in the US are people who were obese. Not sure what I am losing or gaining. I refuse to weight myself again. I am going by how my clothes fit. I am 5'7 and my ideal weight is about 150.. I have never been below that my entire life and being 150 required eating only 1500 a day and really working out more intense and being 20 years younger. With that weight I actually looked good in a bikini. I am a curvy body shape. for me not to have thigh gap I would have to be underweight.

Being obese BMI 30.. I always have a healthy check-up. my blood values is "perfect" sugar too and I had a stress test and the guy was like my Kilowatts were like an athelete. I do notice as I get older I am more prone to injuries.. but I am one of those " healthy" fat people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter