Wizarding World Christmas--WWYD?

SaintsManiac

Wait for it.
Hi All:

This November is our first trip to Universal and I am a very big HP fanatic. They are switching to Christmas decorations the day we are supposed to leave for WDW.

Currently we have 2 day park to park tickets. Our plan was to go Wednesday and Thursday all day and then check out Friday. Would it be reasonable to add a day to our tickets just to see the Christmas decor? I don't mind heading to WDW later than planned.

Is this a silly idea?

ETA I see it actually starts on Saturday. Thinking about going BACK over there to see it.

Personally I don't think it's a silly idea, but you're getting advice from a guy whose avatar is a picture of himself wearing a Harry Potter robe, so consider the source.

Apparently they'll have the frog choir singing Christmas songs, have Christmas-themed goodies and have decorations up. And a nighttime light show on the castle at night. My family has ventured down there the past few years in November, but this year we're looking at Dec. 10-17 solely so we can get in on some of the Christmas festivities down there.

Hi All:

This November is our first trip to Universal and I am a very big HP fanatic. They are switching to Christmas decorations the day we are supposed to leave for WDW.

Currently we have 2 day park to park tickets. Our plan was to go Wednesday and Thursday all day and then check out Friday. Would it be reasonable to add a day to our tickets just to see the Christmas decor? I don't mind heading to WDW later than planned.

Is this a silly idea?

ETA I see it actually starts on Saturday. Thinking about going BACK over there to see it.

sounds good - I would probably wait a few days and then go back to ensure that all of the holiday spirit has come out.

Would it be reasonable to add a day to our tickets just to see the Christmas decor? I don't mind heading to WDW later than planned.

Very reasonable.

I think it's also reasonable to upgrade to APs so you can keep going back during the Disney side of your trip.

Ir to forget Disney altogether.

So it's definitely reasonable to add one teeny tiny day to your ticket and go back later in the weeks :)

But much like the opinion of the fellow in robes, my autocorrect changed "upgrade" to, no lie, "Hogsmeade" just now. So... I might be biased. :)

Thanks for the replies! I am considering changing things up and going back there Sunday evening. I have to run it past the non fanatical family first :) Can you add days at the hotel? We are staying at Cabana Bay.

ETA: We've decided to keep the 2 day ticket and flip one of our MK days with Universal. We'll have our own vehicle, so it will be easy. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I'm going to be there December 15-22. I hadn't even thought about Christmas decorations at HP. This is going to be so awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter