Wizarding World Touring Plans and Details

Searching the web a bit more for a map I found what looks to be the interactive wand map that I assume comes in the box with the interactive wands. This map would be a great reference so I can mark where all the things are mentioned on the first post.

The best one I have found (resolution wise) so far is still slightly folded but it will do.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/harry-potter-interactive-wand-review-2014-8

Now I have a summer project of mapping the first post out to this map!

If anyone finds a perfectly flat one that is of the same resolution please direct me to it.

I’ll try to bump your thread each day so it stays on the main page where others will be able to see it

Hopefully someone will be able to direct you for maps

Maybe you could send an email to guest services and they can email you maps they have

This is fantastic! We are planning our first trip this June. Last time 3 years ago we did WDW and never found even one of the secret things people posted about--lol. This time, hopefully we will be better prepared. That magic only goes so far on a 10 year old. :)

Thank you all for this great information, as well as the photos. I'm getting it all logged in my vacation docs. I know Disney inside and out, but I know virtually nothing about Universal, and HP is really the only reason we're going.

Might be a stupid question but how long do the batteries in the interactive wands last? I've got 3 kids and we bought them all wands 2 to 3 years ago. What are the changes that they will still work? Can the batteries be replaced? Does Universal swap batteries for you in park since I dont ssr how to get batteries out?

Might be a stupid question but how long do the batteries in the interactive wands last? I've got 3 kids and we bought them all wands 2 to 3 years ago. What are the changes that they will still work? Can the batteries be replaced? Does Universal swap batteries for you in park since I dont ssr how to get batteries out?

I can confirm what Macraven said- my dd bought a wand on one trip, came back over a year later and the wand wasn't quite working well, seemed like we were having a lot of trouble, I took it into Olivander's and they came back within 2 minutes with a new wand. They never asked to see a receipt or asked when I purchased or anything like that, just took the old wand and gave us a new one.

This is fantastic, thank you! We have a quick, one day trip away from Disney planned and we hoped to hit all the HP spots- this in incredibly helpful!

Same with us. We plan to spend one day at HP, so this is great for us as well. Thank you!

This is great info! We're coming here for the first time on my Wife's birthday. She's a huge HP fan.

Planning a quick trip in the fall and have one day to do Universal. Not sure we have time to do both parks. Which is recommended more - Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade? Boys ages 12, 11, and 7. I've read Forbidden Journey tends to cause motion sickness (which I get easily on non-roller coaster rides), so I was thinking of skipping that park. Advice? Also, wasn't staying on property. Is it going to be a big issue not to have express pass?

Planning a quick trip in the fall and have one day to do Universal. Not sure we have time to do both parks. Which is recommended more - Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade? Boys ages 12, 11, and 7. I've read Forbidden Journey tends to cause motion sickness (which I get easily on non-roller coaster rides), so I was thinking of skipping that park. Advice? Also, wasn't staying on property. Is it going to be a big issue not to have express pass?

Don’t know the date you plan to do the darkside this fall so all I can say is avoid the weekends

Many locals do the parks especially if the weather is good

Saturdays can have crowds

Thank you so much for this! We are just starting to plan a big trip for next early June and we will be heading to Universal for just one day with the hopes of seeing all things Harry Potter and really have no expectation of doing anything other than WWHP. This helps so much!

We will be there in Oct, and basically just want to do HP, plus a couple of other things. I’m thinking HP in both parks will be about 5-6 hours total- does that seem accurate? What times seem the busiest for Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley: the morning right at RD, in the afternoon after lunchtime, or closer to evening? Trying to figure out what chunk of time to devote to HP- we want to stay immersive in the theme and do the other things either before or after.

We will be there in Oct, and basically just want to do HP, plus a couple of other things. I’m thinking HP in both parks will be about 5-6 hours total- does that seem accurate? What times seem the busiest for Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley: the morning right at RD, in the afternoon after lunchtime, or closer to evening? Trying to figure out what chunk of time to devote to HP- we want to stay immersive in the theme and do the other things either before or after.

Wanted to make sure you know that Universal Studios (Where Diagon Alley is located) will be closing early about 5 PM the whole month of October Wednesday thru Sunday for HHN.

There will be a lot of people who are staying onsite for HHN which will increase park crowds during the day.

If you are not attending HHN which is a separate ticketed event you will have to leave Universal Studios by 5 pm because of that event.

If you are not staying onsite with early entry and EP then be there at Universal Studios for RD especially if you will be there during above noted HHN days. You can get Diagon Alley done then ride the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmeade.

There is only one ride in Diagon Alley Escape From Gringotts, but trust me you will want to ride it again.

Wanted to make sure you know that Universal Studios (Where Diagon Alley is located) will be closing early about 5 PM the whole month of October Wednesday thru Sunday for HHN.

There will be a lot of people who are staying onsite for HHN which will increase park crowds during the day.

If you are not attending HHN which is a separate ticketed event you will have to leave Universal Studios by 5 pm because of that event.

If you are not staying onsite with early entry and EP then be there at Universal Studios for RD especially if you will be there during above noted HHN days. You can get Diagon Alley done then ride the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmeade.

There is only one ride in Diagon Alley Escape From Gringotts, but trust me you will want to ride it again.

Thank you, yes, I have the times noted. Probably why I'm having a hard time figuring out our day and what to do when, since I've been planning on fully immersing ourselves in the HP world, but want to catch a couple of other things at some point without waiting in line forever to do them.

Great info here and thx. My family will be at US/IOA Dec 9-11 staying at LRP.

I’m thinking now that we will try and commit one day to just HP stuff and then do all the rest another day. My DS will be 14 at this time and DD will be 11. Shud be fun

Great info. If I want to go to Universal/IOA and not do like Gringotts, hogwarts ride and the roller coaster would I have enough time in one day to do both parks see all the Harry potter stuff and other things in both parks? We're not big roller coaster fans so wouldn't be doing those and Harry Potter areas would be our main focus but we would like to see the rest of the parks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!