WL Concierge Review

hmp2z

Disney Bride, Mom to Molly, Moose, and Hannah (all
We stayed in the WL honeymoon room, #7084, on our wedding & honeymoon trip to WDW, so I wanted to post our comments & observations about the WL.
We stayed at the GF first, which we now realize is not a good idea, as it gives rise to negative comparisons with whatever resort follows it.
The room we were in had a king bed, and we didn't notice that it was small at all. I've read posts commenting on how tiny the WL rooms are, but this wasn't a problem for us.
There is no concierge lounge, so the food is put out on a buffet table that we would walk around to get to our room. The positive thing about the WL concierge is that it was much less crowded than the GF concierge lounge, so that was nice. It lacked the tables by the window that the GF has, that look out onto the Magic Kingdom. Our table was looking down into the lobby of the WL. Still not an unpleasant view, but not inspiring like the GF view. It was also noisier at the WL concierge, but again, not disturbingly so.
As far as food offerings went, the WL had better muffins than the GF, in my opinion. The pastry selection was not wonderful, though, and the fruit was all mixed together into a bowl, and looked less than fresh some mornings.
We noticed that the concierge staff has no chairs to sit in. The GF concierge has 3 desks, with chairs and phones and computers for each desk. It was not unusual for us to walk past the WL concierge and see 3 CM's standing around, since they didn't have seats.
The WL concierge staff was very friendly and nice. I got carded one evening while getting cordials :) but the man was very nice about it. Any requests that we had were always met cheerfully, and Randall at itinerary planning got many of our priority seatings for us and organized an itinerary that included a parasailing excursion.
As far as the room went, it was pretty dark, which kind of bothered me. The private balcony was great, though; we had our own private space to escape to, and it was very peaceful. It also had a great view of the MK fireworks. The jacuzzi tub was also nice and big. I wish it had been a little wider, instead of being so long and thin, but it really was a great tub.
I think the best part of the WL was the peace and solitude - uncrowded concierge area, private balcony. I am not a big fan of the pioneer decor, but I can see where it could appeal to people who like that earthy, old West type look. The grounds had pretty landscaping - I like a nice view better than all of the trees there, though, but again, I see where it has a natural appeal.
Most of the time, bus transportation was not a problem, though if we were trying to make a priority seating, it became a bit nerve-wracking to have to stop at Fort Wilderness. We were late to Donald's Breakfastasaurus, because we didn't realize it would take the bus over an hour to get us to the Animal Kingdom, but the buses always seemed to come pretty promptly.
The ferry was never too crowded that we couldn't get a seat, either.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks for the review! We spent our 3rd anniversary at WL, and really enjoyed the resort. Concierge was closed for refurbishment when we were there, so it is nice to read a detailed review of the atmosphere.

:earsgirl: Krissy

Hi! We did take some pictures of the room, the tub :), the private balcony, and the view from there, so when Andy gets a chance, I'll have him take stills from the video and post those on our Ofoto site, and also pictures from our GF room.
Cheers!
Heather W

Originally posted by hmp2z
Hi! We did take some pictures of the room, the tub :), the private balcony, and the view from there, so when Andy gets a chance, I'll have him take stills from the video and post those on our Ofoto site, and also pictures from our GF room.
Cheers!
Heather W

Great! I can't wait to see them! ;)

.....were you part of the newlywed couple on the bus from DTD on that rainy Saturday? (or, were you the couple who got married in Jamaica?:rolleyes: )

BTW ~ congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for a bright future together:teeth: !!

Hi! No, neither couple was us, unfortunately! We were married at the WDW Wedding Pavilion, but we were at Epcot on Saturday, not DTD. There were quite a few wedding couples there during our stay - we ran into a few newlyweds :)
Cheers!
Heather W

Wheny ou get the pics up would you mind posting a link for me. We booked a honeymoon room at WL for my DF and I's 'moon (preferably 7084 or7085). I'd love to see the pics and thanks for the post.

Great review! Thanks for sharing it...I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter