WL or Poly?!?!?!

QJ411

O'hana means family...
Hi everyone,

I was wondering which is a better resort for our Honeymoon...we've already booked w/ WL but we can change it before Oct. 13...and I've been reading alot of the postings and now I'm a bit confused. I hear that Poly is a great Honeymooner resort...what do you guys think? I'm driving my fiance crazy because I can't decide, but it's really between WL or Poly...I'm looking for a nice quiet romantic resort...(Besides GF- out of our budget and Contemptory had a wait list)...pls. help!
;)

I personally say go for the YC...but that is just my preference..we have done TONS of research and made reservations and CANCELLED them at the CR at a major discounted price to the Poly, to finally the YC...we have found that the convience of walking to Epcot, MGM, the Boardwalk, the awesome pool there,etc. really make for an awesome romantic place to relax and enjoy ourselves..i dont mean to confuse you anymore, but we were reeled into the poly idea too, later to find that the YC was more our romantic spot...possibly a beach club villa one bedroom suite with a hot tub for a similar price...:) good luck!

Hi MineeBaby,

Thanks for the posting, I actually have to check w/ Disney to see if YC is part of the list for us to choose...when we originally booked our Honeymoon Land/Cruise pkg, I'm not sure if YC was listed as one of the choices of resorts...If it is, we just might look into that one also, because at this point, my fiance is just as confused as I am btwn the Poly or WL!!! But once I check w/ Disney, we'll look into that one also! Thanks again!!!;)

I hate the theme of the Wilderness Lodge! I think it's ugly or maybe it's just not my style. Well, I know it's not my style. I can tell you that right now. When I showed it to Danny he started making tarzan sounds then he asked if Disney expected us to have sex in a tree too. When I posted my thoughts about the Wilderness Lodge on the boards every one replyed saying it was a beautiful resort and they described it as being VERY nice. I've never been there but I have seen pictures and I have done a lot of research. I still don't want to stay there for my honeymoon though. Danny and I didn't want to spend any more money to upgrade to a nicer hotel but I think we are going to though. I don't want to have any regreats for my wedding or honeymoon. I priced the Grand Floridian and it would be $800-$900 MORE for the 7 days. That's on top of what we were already spending for the room. I thought Disney would at least give you a honeymoon suite but I found out that you have to request that and that it's about $300 - $400 a night. I'm not paying that much to stay at a resort I don't even like. The Beach Club was only $60 or so more per day but that was for a regular upgraded room not a honeymoon suite.

You can view a 360 of the Wilderness Lodge here. Just use your mouse to move the camera around :

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...SWildernessLodge360Pop&popup=true&w=418&h=325

Oh, and I'm driving my fiance crazy too because I can't decide. I'm driving the whole house crazy!

Hi Melissa & Danny,

It's a tough one right?! GF is just way out of our budget, and we figured for the few nights we're going to stay there, we won't be in the resort much (except late night...doing honeymoon stuff...;) )

They said YC is really nice and romantic, but we haven't gotten a chance to call and find out the price and availability yet. We just might give up and stick w/ WL...who knows, everyday we have a different reason to stay or change resorts...it's really tough. And like you guys, we want a really nice honeymoon!!!

Did you guys get the honeymoon pkg? I'm thinking about changing it to another one, so that our meals are included! I don't know...it's just alot more stressful planning this than we anticipated!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL honeymoon though!:p

Keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter