Woah! This is happening really fast! – A Quick PTR (Update: Life 12/10)

SheaBear

Mouseketeer
:laughing: Fast is truly an understatement! :laughing:

It all began 2 days ago on Dec. 1 with a text message from Katelyn at 2:20pm.

“This is so last min, but I was wondering if you wanted to come down with my sister from the 19th to the 22nd of this month. HAHA. I still have to do some research though. Me and my sister wanted to do 2 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal. Let me know if you’re interested.”

7 hours later flights were booked!
I, as of this very minute, am boarding a plane and heading to Disney World and Universal in 15 days, 23 hours and 53 mins!

Follow along for this short PTR of a group of Jersey Girls taking on the Worlds by storm.

Up Next… Introduction of Characters

Introductions: Cast List

First, I would like to officially invite and welcome you all to my first official Pre Trippie.
I am making this short and sweet and will be solely using this to help you guys get to know us for the TR.

So let’s start this Cast List….

Shanea

I am the obsessed over planner of every Disney vacation.
I think planning out the days and booking ADRs is half the fun of a trip.
But you’ll be surprised of how this trip will be happening.

I’m a Chemistry major currently taking some time off from school for some family health issues.
I love everything Disney and often find myself just looking at pictures and listening to Disney music whenever time allows.
Oh – and of course I look at Disney food pictures.
I hope to one day work for DCL.
I must also say that I have a bit of an obsession with HP and often wish I was a wizard and able to attend such a prestigious school such as Hogwarts. :wizard:

Recently the cruise line has sparked my family’s interested more than the parks.
My last trip to Disney was June of 2010. I know not that long ago, but it was a very bittersweet time in Disney.
I have been going to WDW since I was 5 with my Mom and Grandmother.
I had only taken 2 trips without my Grandmother and because of her age and declining health, June 2010 was going to be her last trip to the World.

There has been some discussion between my Mom and I about going to Disney Oct. 2012 for the food and wine festival if Disney offered free dining.
SO that was what I thought would be the earliest chance of making it to the parks.
Well then… this trip has come out of nowhere and I am super excited to go and to spend time with these girls.

My Disney Partner in Crime…. Katelyn

Katelyn and I met in high school and have been friends now for almost 9 years.
She is just as obsessed with Disney as I am and wishes she could be any of the Princesses.
While we share this love of Disney, we are completely different people when it comes to actually being there.
I’m the planned day with a break in the middle of the day back at the pool.
Katelyn is the rope drop till they drag us out of the park and eat when you get a chance type.
It makes for some interesting heated debates between us.

Katelyn is interested in becoming an Occupational Therapist and will actually graduate in May 2012.
She would be graduating this month had she not chosen to go to Disney and partake in the Disney College Program.
So anyone that is heading there before Jan. 5 head on over to the Emporium at MK at night and look for Katelyn!

Katelyn and I first realized our shared obsession with all things Disney in 2004 when we took a trip to Disneyland and Universal Studios-Hollywood.
We had a blast running through the parks.
Our last trip we took together was in Jan. 2009 with 6 other girls including her sister Meghan who will be joining us on this adventure.
It was the time of our lives. I often wish I had done a TR for that, but time got away from me.

And Last but Not Least…. Meghan

Meghan, while not as crazy obsessed with Disney as Katelyn or I, still has her moments when the magic takes hold and she becomes 5 again.
Meghan is one of the nicest mellow-ist people you could meet. A hippie at heart that just goes with the flow.
She is in her first semester at our community college and actually traveled to Alaska about 2 months just to have a chance to go dog sledding.

Meghan came with us in Jan. 2009, and I was quite worried that she wouldn’t have fun with Katelyn and my friends, but she fit right in and had a blast.
I’m very excited to be taking this adventure with her.
She is apparently the reason this trip is happening, her random want to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

So here we are, heading to Disney World and WWOHP in 2 weeks.
I should warn you that we are that group of Jersey Girls that run through the park laughing and singing at the top of our lungs, and even after a long day at the park we will sing and dance the whole way back to the hotel on the bus.
If you’re wearing a button we will celebrate with you. If we like your outfit we will certainly point it out to you.
And if you are rocking a Phillies shirt we will stand there and cheer!
I know what you’re thinking, these girls are gonna be the crazy obnoxious people on such shows like Jersey Shore or Jerseylicious.
I promise you we are nothing like them.
We have brains and all we want to do is have fun and possibly brighten someone else’s day.
:dance3:

Just as fast as this trip was set in motion... it is ending.​

Unfortunatly, a major event in my life has happened and I will no longer be taking part in this trip, as much as I was looking forward to it.

On Sat, a couple of hours after I first posted my PTR my grandfather awoke with symptoms of a stroke. 911 was called and come to find out he was in diabetic shock. He was taken to the hospital and passed away on Thursday morning after a long battle with COPD.

While all funeral arrangements have been set for before this trip, it just doesn't seem right to leave the rest of my family and prance around WDW, especially leaving my Grandmom. And today would have been there 56th wedding anniversary.

I guess I should state that I have lived with my grandparents pretty much my entire life and my grandfather was more like my father. It is a devastating blow to our family. But we know it has given him peace and comfort.

RIP Pop Pop
:littleangel:
11.25.34 - 12.8.12
I love you and miss you so much already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter