WoC first time planning help please?!

RCMommy

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I’m Looking at booking a dining package for my family for WoC during our upcoming visit. When I put in our dates I can choose 5:50, 6:15 or 7pm I believe for dinner. Problem is, I cannot find what the actual show time is for WoC!! I’m guessing it is not listed since it has not been operating. We will be in DL and DCA on March 10-13 (possibly the 14th). Does anyone know what the show time might be? And is there a general consensus of best time to dine with a package for WoC?

Thank you!

I highly recommend the Dessert Party because you get to watch the show from your seat at the party. From what I’ve heard from quite a few people, the standing-room only viewing areas (and the lengthy waiting time involved prior to the show) for the WOC dining packages isn’t that much different from what you’d get if you just pulled a free Fastpass for the show. I could be wrong, though.

About showtimes: another poster who spoke to Guest Services was told that the show is now being scheduled at or near closing time for CA Adventure. This is different from before, and I haven’t confirmed it myself. I’d recommend booking a package and then keeping an eye on the official DL entertainment schedule to find out when the show is scheduled to start. :)

I had wondered about the “view”. I’ll look into the dessert party. Thank you.

I second the Dessert Party recommendation. It’s the only way I’ll watch WOC now. It’s so nice to have treats and a seat away from the crowds to enjoy the show! We’ve done dining packages too and the views are ok but you’re still stuck with the crowds. I just find the dessert party so much more relaxing.

I highly recommend the Dessert Party because you get to watch the show from your seat at the party. From what I’ve heard from quite a few people, the standing-room only viewing areas (and the lengthy waiting time involved prior to the show) for the WOC dining packages isn’t that much different from what you’d get if you just pulled a free Fastpass for the show. I could be wrong, though.

About showtimes: another poster who spoke to Guest Services was told that the show is now being scheduled at or near closing time for CA Adventure. This is different from before, and I haven’t confirmed it myself. I’d recommend booking a package and then keeping an eye on the official DL entertainment schedule to find out when the show is scheduled to start. :)
You are right. Dining packages do not really lessen the wait or provide a guaranteed good spot. They do provide the best viewing spots if you can get there in time.

FWIW see "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

:wizard:

I'm thinking about the WoC Dessert Party for December, but I'll be solo on my trip. I've done Star Wars related Dessert Parties at WDW, but always with family members. I'd hate to be hogging a table for two. Any insights on a solo party reservation? Thx

Last edited:
Yikes. I was just in the process of buying the dessert party tickets and then saw the total cost. $316 for 4 of us. Gratuity is $44. Is that typical for DL and DCA?

to the op -

I'd pick whatever time you'd rather eat dinner. Any of them will get you to the same show time since it's only going off once a night.

I'm thinking about the WoC Dessert Party for December, but I'll be solo on my trip. I've done Star Wars related Dessert Parties at WDW, but always with family members. I'd hate to be hogging a table for two. Any insights on a solo party reservation? Thx

dooooo it! you'd just be seated with another party. when we've gone (a party of 2) we're always seated with another couple to maximize space.

Yikes. I was just in the process of buying the dessert party tickets and then saw the total cost. $316 for 4 of us. Gratuity is $44. Is that typical for DL and DCA?
I would say "no". It is a splurge for folks. The WOC is really good. Disney made some mistakes on the viewing area design. It is hard to see WOC without some effort. See PP on WOC Superthread. Most things at DLR are not that hard to see or that expensive.

I decided to suck it up and bought tickets for the dessert party.

We have done the Wishes dessert party at MK and enjoyed that evening, with the exception that the fireworks were cancelled due to a storm. The CMs kept saying “this rarely happens”

I hope we don’t suffer the same fate in Cali!

The information page for the WOC Dessert Party on the DLR website states that you may be sharing with another party. This is fairly common with the Dessert Party. As a party of one, you will most likely be placed with another party of two or three at their table. We've done the Dessert Party a few times and have yet to see a solo party at their own table. But we have had solo guests placed at our table before.

I have watched far too many DL YouTube videos today lolol.

Do I understand correctly, that every person with a ticket for WOC dessert party is guaranteed a seat at a table?

I have watched far too many DL YouTube videos today lolol.

Do I understand correctly, that every person with a ticket for WOC dessert party is guaranteed a seat at a table?
Yes.

But there are some high tables and some low tables. For the life of me I cannot understand how someone at a low table can see the show very well, but some have posted here that you can.

I’m guessing it is for those who are like my MIL. Lord knows she would tumble over and “just ruin everything” for everyone trying to get into a high chair.

Drama is her specialty.

If you have a 2 year old who doesn’t need a park ticket, do you have to buy them their own dessert party ticket? Or how does that work?
No, kids under 3 are free, but they don’t get their own dessert plate. When you book, still count the toddler as a member of your party, but select his age, and he’ll automatically be free.

I would say "no". It is a splurge for folks. The WOC is really good. Disney made some mistakes on the viewing area design. It is hard to see WOC without some effort. See PP on WOC Superthread. Most things at DLR are not that hard to see or that expensive.

Unless you compare it to the new princess character meal coming to Napa Rose, then it seems like a discount :-)

I decided to suck it up and bought tickets for the dessert party.

We have done the Wishes dessert party at MK and enjoyed that evening, with the exception that the fireworks were cancelled due to a storm. The CMs kept saying “this rarely happens”

We have done both the dessert party at the MK as well as the Dessert party at WoC. Unless it has changed when we did the dessert party at the MK there were a lot of desserts to choose from and there was no limit (at least my son did not think so) to the food you could eat there. The WoC desserts, fruit and cheese are already plated for you. There was still quite a bit of food but basically as someone said previously what you are paying for is the great seats. We were in the high back seats on the top level so had a wonderful view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter