Women's Clothing in Summertime

Everyone on the trains yesterday were dressed pretty nice but most of them were coming home from work since it was 5 pm. I think I saw one person wearing athletic shorts. No one gave us any weird looks for having gym shorts and T-shirts on.

Can anyone attest to how to dress in the summer time in Japan? In my research I learned that Japanese women dress conservatively and don't show shoulders or anything. I want to be respectful but also comfortable as I know it's going to be warm in June! I'm planning on packing tank tops and am wondering if it's as big of a deal as the internet is making it?
I won’t mention the conservative dress because that’s already been addressed, but I will mention the rain. June is Japan’s rainy season. Keep that in mind when you pack. You want light clothes to stay cool, but also be prepared to get wet. Note that if you wear a rain jacket or poncho, you will still get wet — from the inside out due to your own sweat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!