Won a trip!

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Just wanted to share something kinda cool. :cool1: My DH entered a contest and he won a trip to Universal for 4, for 3 nights and 4 days. It includes flight, Hotel (I don't know which one yet, paper work comes on Mon), Park passes, behind the scenes tours and Limo to and from airport! I'm totally siked! I have never been to "the other place" before. We have until May 2008 to book the trip. Don't think my DVC card will get me any discounts over there though!:rotfl2:

Nope. Believe it or not it's not a time share thing. It will be one of the 3 hotels in Universal. It's a promotional thing for the new Spiderman ride. We won a trip to California for 2 nights before by entering a shampoo contest of all things! No strings attached. I don't know how my DH does this but he does. He enters contests on line. :surfweb: He has won several things over the years including a T.V., that CA trip, $50 - $100 gift certificates for various restaurants and stores and now this one! He enters so many it's like a 2nd job. I used to tease him for entering but not anymore!

Congrats...
A free vacation to anywhere is awesome.......
But so close to disney.....and a nice way to venture out:lmao:
Kerri

How could you - traitor. A DVCer at Universal - better not wear your Mickey ears they'll never let you on the rides:rotfl: . Just kidding. Have a wonderful trip - and if I were you, I'd see if you could change the flight home to include some Disney time. You can probably get SSR or OKW at the last minute. I couldn't be that close and not visit my Home Away From Home;) . Have Fun!!!

I know! We were very tempted to add on a Disney vacation too but we just booked a last minute trip for a week in August. We have to book the Universal trip by May 2008, and Holidays are blacked out. I can only go for the 3 nights and 4 days because I can't pull the kids out of school anymore. One is in high school and the other will be starting middle school.

Congratulations
and have a great time

That's awesome!! :cheer2:

We stayed at the Hard Rock in 2001 (a few months after it opened) and we LOVED it! I would go back in a heartbeat if we didn't own DVC. Thought it was much nicer than some of the Disney hotels too. We got a $99 per night room rate (unheard of now--I think its usually well over $200+/night). The bed was awesome, so comfortable and the pool area was great too. We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 nights at the HRH.

And if you find out you are staying at Portofino Bay keep your eye on the Travel Channel as they show the PB "Great Hotels" episode pretty often.

Hope you have a great FREE:woohoo: trip! Wow!

WOW! Congratulations! I very seldom win anything and nothing as nice as a trip!!! Have fun!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter