Wonder - August 28, 2017 - 7 night Alaskan cruise

KAS_73

Some people are worth melting for.
Hi! I was so excited to book this cruise yesterday. Alaska has been on my bucket list for years :) Can't wait to meet more people on this cruise.

Yay! So this will be your 9th cruise? Love the pic with Chip and Dale :)

Yes it will with DCL! (have done two with Carnival). Thanks I really like Chip N Dale.

I love your pho0to of chocolate covered strawberries - my favorite treat!

Jumping in here! This will be our first cruise, and I cannot wait to return to Alaska!

DW and I are booked on this cruise, will be our 8th DCL cruise. We had hoped to due this itinerary with our son and his family but the cost for the cruise on dates that the grandkids weren't in school were just too high so they'll just have to look at the videos.

DW and I are booked on this cruise, will be our 8th DCL cruise. We had hoped to due this itinerary with our son and his family but the cost for the cruise on dates that the grandkids weren't in school were just too high so they'll just have to look at the videos.

Welcome aboard!

Joining! We just changed to this cruise from the 5 night. Travelling will be myself, my dh and our two girls who will be 9 & 6 at the time of the cruise. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and 2nd time on the Wonder. We are also on a January 2017 Disney Fantasy SWDAS cruise! We live in Vancouver (just outside in the 'burbs) so I can try and answer any Vancouver-area questions.

Hi everyone! DH & I had been debating WDW vs DCL and we finally decided yesterday - DCL it is and we booked this sailing. :) This will actually be our 2nd time on this itinerary, we did it in May 2013 when DS was 18 months old. It was our favourite family vacation, so we've been itching to do it again since. Our family includes me (Megan), DH (Greg), DS (B, 5 turning 6 on the cruise) & DD (A, she'll be 2). I'm also from the Vancouver area (we live in one of the suburbs) and we lived downtown for quite awhile before having kids brought us back out to the 'burbs. Nice to "meet" you all! :wave2:

Hi everyone! DH & I had been debating WDW vs DCL and we finally decided yesterday - DCL it is and we booked this sailing. :) This will actually be our 2nd time on this itinerary, we did it in May 2013 when DS was 18 months old. It was our favourite family vacation, so we've been itching to do it again since. Our family includes me (Megan), DH (Greg), DS (B, 5 turning 6 on the cruise) & DD (A, she'll be 2). I'm also from the Vancouver area (we live in one of the suburbs) and we lived downtown for quite awhile before having kids brought us back out to the 'burbs. Nice to "meet" you all! :wave2:

Welcome aboard!

Hello! We have recently booked this sailing. Always wanted to do Alaska, and now finally will :banana:. We are a family from NYC - 2 adults (myself and the wife), 2 children (DS, 15 & DD, 12 - ages at time of sailing). Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be an active thread :bored:. Maybe as it gets a little closer :goodvibes . This will be DW and my 5th Disney cruise and 4th for the kids (completing their "Grand Slam"). All our other cruises (including a few on Royal Caribbean) have been to the Bahamas/Caribbean out of Florida. So this will be very different for us. We still have a lot of logistics to figure out - flights (direct to Vancouver, or into Seattle and making our way up to Vancouver ), pre-cruise hotel, what to pack (need to do a lot of research :surfweb: on the expected weather and how chilly it could get), etc. But for me, that is all part of the fun! Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next 8-9 or so months.

We still have a lot of logistics to figure out - flights (direct to Vancouver, or into Seattle and making our way up to Vancouver ), pre-cruise hotel, what to pack (need to do a lot of research :surfweb: on the expected weather and how chilly it could get), etc. But for me, that is all part of the fun! Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next 8-9 or so months.
Thoughts....
  • you might want to fly into Vancouver and then bus, train, or Orca Whale watch your way to Seattle to see the best of Cascadia. Flying into Vancouver means you avoid any weekend border congestion. Post-cruise weekday border crossings are much easier.
  • you want a few days in Vancouver for all the tourist activities
  • late August statistically means the start of wet season in Cascadia and the start of storm season in Alaska. Watch as the Ketchikan rain gauge fills up.

With regards to Vancouver hotels..... here's the latest from booking.com for ideas with availability in USD for one night.
$83 YWCA
  • $179 Rosedale » suite sized rooms! Great price!
  • $188 Empire Landmark » great neighborhood. check reviews for potential issues.
  • $194 Metropolitan
  • $194 Blue Horizon » very popular for forum budget travelers. Great neighborhood
  • $207 Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown
  • $219 Delta » 5 blocks from cruise terminal and suite sized rooms!
  • $239 Residence Inn Marriott
  • $247 Georgian Court
  • $249 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle
  • $251 Westin Grand
  • $292 Hampton Inn » popular with Hilton collectors
  • $315 Auberge » 3 blocks from the cruise terminal
  • $317 Pinnacle Harbourfront
  • $319 Hotel BLU
  • $344 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
  • $345 Sutton Place
  • $354 Shangri La
  • $364 Grande Residence Sutton
  • $382 Pan Pacific » you get to sleep above the cruise terminal.
  • $419 Hyatt Regency
  • $442 Westin Bayshore
  • $469 Four Seasons
  • $479 Fairmont Vancouver
  • $513 Rosewood
  • $562 Fairmont Pacific Rim
  • $899 Fairmont Waterfront » Across the street from the cruise terminal
Looking at prices.... I have bolded the ones I like.

Hello! We have recently booked this sailing. Always wanted to do Alaska, and now finally will :banana:. We are a family from NYC - 2 adults (myself and the wife), 2 children (DS, 15 & DD, 12 - ages at time of sailing). Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be an active thread :bored:. Maybe as it gets a little closer :goodvibes . This will be DW and my 5th Disney cruise and 4th for the kids (completing their "Grand Slam"). All our other cruises (including a few on Royal Caribbean) have been to the Bahamas/Caribbean out of Florida. So this will be very different for us. We still have a lot of logistics to figure out - flights (direct to Vancouver, or into Seattle and making our way up to Vancouver ), pre-cruise hotel, what to pack (need to do a lot of research :surfweb: on the expected weather and how chilly it could get), etc. But for me, that is all part of the fun! Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next 8-9 or so months.

Welcome aboard! Since DISboards got so picky with what you are allowed to post, most people go elsewhere to do the real chatting. That way it's easy to upload documents for the FE and things like that :)

Welcome aboard! Since DISboards got so picky with what you are allowed to post, most people go elsewhere to do the real chatting. That way it's easy to upload documents for the FE and things like that :)

I checked "elsewhere"...didn't find any groups.
Thoughts....
  • you might want to fly into Vancouver and then bus, train, or Orca Whale watch your way to Seattle to see the best of Cascadia. Flying into Vancouver means you avoid any weekend border congestion. Post-cruise weekday border crossings are much easier.
  • you want a few days in Vancouver for all the tourist activities
  • late August statistically means the start of wet season in Cascadia and the start of storm season in Alaska. Watch as the Ketchikan rain gauge fills up.

Unfortunately, I don't think well be able to fly in until day before sailing, so only 1 day max. That last bullet worries me, are we likely have bad weather?

This link should answer some questions....
http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate-graph.php?id=USAK0225&system=american&title=1

Ketchikan is proud of its wet climate... which peaks at the end of the cruise season....

Meet-at-Rain-Gauge-Ketchikan-AK.jpg

Hello! We've booked this sailing! Yay! It'll be our first cruise, our first DCL AND our first trip to Alaska! (And our first time on DIS, although we've been DisneyGeeks for 20+years!) We're pretty excited! We are: myself pooh:, DH :tigger:and my MIL:ccat: (she will be 88 at sail date..) We've been doing our homework, and are still working on the logistics, but I'm truly interested in all there is to know to get prepped. Especially traveling with my MIL, this is a Bucket List trip for her! Here we go....:earsboy:

Hi Everyone,
With the new year, we are finally looking forward to this cruise! This will be our 3rd cruise with DCL. There are 2 adults and 2 children (6, 10) in our group. I hope that there will be a FE group on this one.........we participated in the last two times and it was great fun!

Hi All,
We (my Mother, 20 year old twin boys, my 17 year old daughter and myself) just booked this cruise and are very excited! We'd love to get involved with the fish extender program for this cruise. Can someone let me know how to sign up for it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!