• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder by Wonder: Our Month Long Disney Adventure! JUNE 2014 PTR

bstarprincess37

Mouseketeer
Hello there :wave2:, and welcome to my pre-trip (soon to be just trip) report.

Wonder by Wonder: Our Month Long Disney Adventure

Who:

Mostly my DH and myself (Britt), but my sister, BIL and nephew will also join along

What:

A beautiful month long adventure in Florida.

When:

June 2014! Only 2 weeks away...so close and yet it feels so far...

Where:

Mostly Disney... We will also be making a stop in St. Petersberg for one week to complete our sailing certification - something my husband has been wanting to do now for a while since we took a trip sailing to the BVI with my family.And we may do the occasional visit over to the dark side given Diagon Alley opens...

As far as resorts go we will be starting our adventure offsite at Summer Bay Resort. Then we will be staying here:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness...

Ft-Wilderness-01.jpg

and finally 5 nights in this lovely refuge...

14185686856_6ca186a302_b_d.jpg

Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Why:

This trip will be the beginning of an even greater adventure for my DH and myself. Once I finish up the school year (I am a preschool teacher) we are embarking on a year long journey across the US in our new (to us but actually very old) Airstream Trailer. After our month in Florida, we will be heading across the US stopping in one city per week. When it came time to schedule things out, I brought up the idea of starting out our adventure in Disney. Hubby was down as soon as I let him know that a studio at Wilderness Lodge, one of his favorite resorts, was available.

Coincidentally, we soon after found out that my sister and her family would be in Orlando for most of June and July and I, being the Disney fan I am, convinced her that she couldn’t go to Orlando and not go to Disney. Plus, being a military family, they would be getting a great deal on tickets. So, we added another week to our Disney plans. We pushed our Wilderness Lodge reservation back and booked a condo nearby to share with my sister and her family . Then, after all this, I convinced the DH that since we were going to Disney with an RV we had to check out fort wilderness. With the addition of plans to look into sailing, our week long trip to florida grew to a month long adventure…

So the first week will be the week we stay at Summer Bay. I have read mixed reviews about it but I am not complaining because we got a great deal by using a vacation certificate, 2 bedroom for 1 week for $280! Split between us two that $140 for a condo near Disney (and that is without agreeing to do a timeshare presentation)… I am looking forward to spending some time here…

tumblr_l564qf2wNh1qb6wnb.jpg

I am particularly excited about the first week since my sister, BIL and nephew will be joining us. I always find I enjoy Disney even more when I get to share it with someone new and this will be my nephew's first visit! We will also be celebrating my sister and my nephew’s 2nd birthday that week so I am looking forward to birthday buttons and birthday wishes from CMs.

My Sis and BIL only have 4 day tickets as military so we will have some down days at the resort. They will possibly visit Seaworld one day and one of the waterparks on another. DH and I will also possibly head over the dark side for a day especially if there is any chance of us getting into Diagon Alley.

Here is what our first week in Disney will look like...

SATURDAY MAY 31
Make the long...trip down from STL

SUNDAY JUNE 1
Arrive and check in at Summer Bay :)
Grocery run at Super Target!

MONDAY JUNE 2
Solo Visit to Epcot (DH will be attending a conference this day)
11:10 Soarin
12:15 Spaceship Earth
1:25 The Seas with Nemo

My sister, BIL and nephew will head to Seaworld for the day. They get one free visit as military.
Grill Out for Dinner at Summer Bay

TUESDAY JUNE 3
Animal Kingdom:
Happy Birthday to my Sis!
9:25 All go on Safari
10:25 Expedition Everest
Triceratops Tough - altogether
lunch - hoping to eat QS at Tamu Tamu and have the curry :)
12:30 - Use Fastpass for DINOSAUR
Break for lunch and nap for the nephew

In the evening my Sis and BIL will go out for a special birthday dinner while my DH and I stay with my nephew.

WEDNESDAY JUNE 4
Magic Kingdom:
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
9:30 - Fastpass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
It’s a small world/Peter Pan depending on line
Dumbo
In line for Be Our Guest Lunch by 10:45am
Leave for nap for nephew (my DH and BIL may take them alone and then join us after parade)
Festival of Fantasy Parade!
3:25 Buzz Lightyear Fastpass
4:30 Space Mountain Fastpass
Monsters Inc
Carousel
Break for Dole Whips!
Flying Carpets of Aladdin
Meet and Greet with Mickey
We are thinking of doing dinner at Kona Cafe but we’ll have to see how the nephew is doing...

THURSDAY JUNE 5
Pancake Breakfast at the condo!
DH and I may head to Universal for the day...
Sister and BIL to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon!
Evening Star Wars Weekends Fireworks at 9:30pm

FRIDAY JUNE 6
Epcot morning for just the sis and I
DH and BIL will meet us at Via Napoli
DH and BIL will spend afternoon in Epcot while Sis and I take nephew for nap and afternoon swim
Possible Visit to Magic Kingdom with nephew in evening
After the nephew is asleep, Sis and I will head to Port Orleans to see Yee-Haw Bob as we missed him our last trip there.

SATURDAY JUNE 7
Happy Birthday to my nephew!
Hollywood Studios Star Wars Weekends!
8:20 Fastpass- Star Tours
9:25 Fastpass -Toy Story Mania
Break with the nephew at Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground
10:25 Voyage of the Little Mermaid
11:30 Star Wars Motorcade
Head out for Lunchtime and a nap for nephew
Return for Afternoon/Evening
Meet and Greet with Pixar Pals/
We may try for a Meet and Greet for Jedi Mickey (depending on line or if we can get FP)
Snack at Starring Roles before it closes!
We may also take the nephew to Disney Jr. while DH and BIL ride rides
6:30pm Padawan Mind Challenge
May do QS for dinner or just head back to condo

SUNDAY 8
Check Out Summer Bay
Possible Lunch at Earl of Sandwich (yay holiday sandwich)
DH and I check in Fort Wilderness!

So, what do you think? I think we will have to play it by ear as we will be doing Disney with a toddler. We plan to take turns riding with fastpasses (one couple can stay with my nephew while the other rides). Our goal is to enjoy and take things slow rather than overwhelm ourselves or the baby.​

Week 2 in Disney!!!​

So the second week, will be a bit more laid back than the first. Since, we are camping at the Fort, I am really looking forward to being able to spend some time relaxing at the campsite, the beach and visiting Wilderness Lodge. I am also super excited to be only a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom.The second week will only be DH and I so we’ll be free to be a bit more spontaneous. We are throwing in some visits We may also go over the Universal for a day depending on Diagon Alley opening.

Looking forward to spending some time here…

hammocks%20at%20beach.jpg

*borrowed this from the net

Here is our daily itinerary for our second week in Disney...

SUNDAY 8
Check Out Summer Bay
Possible Lunch at Earl of Sandwich (yay holiday sandwich)
DH and I check in Fort Wilderness!
Walk Around and Explore Campground - with bikes, then with cameras
Chicken Dinner at Trails End
Visit to Magic Kingdom at Night

MONDAY 9
Ikea! - We’ll be taking a detour to pick up some things for the trailer and rest of our year
Boat to Magic Kingdom in evening

TUESDAY 10
Universal Morning? - Again this will depend on if Diagon Alley has opened..
Most likely we’ll rest in the evening and possibly go for a visit to Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian

WEDNESDAY 11
Breakfast at Trails End
Evening Visit to Hollywood Studios

THURSDAY 12
Daytime photography tour in the Magic Kingdom

FRIDAY 13
Animal Kingdom Morning
Finding Nemo Show
Afternoon Hollywood Studios Visit

SATURDAY 14
Epcot Day - Snack around the World!

SUNDAY 15
One more breakfast at Trails End…
Check Out Fort Wilderness

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter