Wonder Cat 9B Deck 2??

Halloween Baby

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I was wondering what the pros/cons are to this category. We've only been on one cruise previously and we were deck 11 aft with a verandah (on the Fantasy). Are we going to be super disappointed with these rooms?? We're going with family this time so we're trying to cut costs but is it worth it?

Our other options are 9a on 5, 6, or 7 and 5c on 5 or 6.

TIA!
Maureen

Hey everyone! I was wondering what the pros/cons are to this category. We've only been on one cruise previously and we were deck 11 aft with a verandah (on the Fantasy). Are we going to be super disappointed with these rooms?? We're going with family this time so we're trying to cut costs but is it worth it?

Our other options are 9a on 5, 6, or 7 and 5c on 5 or 6.

TIA!
Maureen

All of our DCL cruises, thus far, we have been on deck 2 on the Wonder or Magic. It's our preference.

One deck down to the tender lobby (for getting off in port). One or 2 decks up to MDRs/bars & lounges/main theatre. It's much easier getting an elevator from the lower decks when trying to get to the pool deck/buffet.

Large porthole in the room is great.

9B is my favorite location. The location is great for getting to theaters, dining rooms, atrium, etc. there's a laundry room nearby and you feel little to no movement. I like being able to have natural daylight and the size of the room is nice.

We have done most of our Disney cruising on deck 2. (We've been in verandah cabins too and enjoyed them when we've had them.) We love deck 2. We find it is a very convenient location. At the busy elevator times of the day (show time, dinner time and getting back from excursions) we don't need to wait and get frustrated with the small elevators or inconsiderate passengers. We just go up/down a couple of flights via stairs and are at our destination. Even when we need the elevator, there usually isn't a long line on the second floor and when the elevator shows up, it isn't usually full -- like when we pass by the people waiting on floors 5,6,7 going up to the pool deck.

If we are missing having a verandah, we go up to deck 4 -- it may not be a private deck but it's usually quiet and we can relax like we would on our own verandah.

Totally agree! We had room 2618. It was a room with a large porthole. Totally quiet, never heard ship or hall noise. I felt like it was on the quiet part of the ship.

LOVE deck 2! Always my preference when I have a choice =)
I chose a 9b on the Wonder on deck 2 for our Alaska cruise next year and honestly I love the portholes WAY more then a verrandah. I love sitting in the window and wave watching but not having to worry about heat/cold/rain /outside noise , etc... Also, in my opinion the room looks bigger then the verrandah rooms because of layout. YOu will love it =)

Thanks everyone! That's very reassuring! We'll have 3 adults and a baby in the room. In your opinion, will there be enough space for everyone??

How do these rooms compare to the 10A on deck 5 with a secret porthole?? Do you think 9a is still better then 10A? Just curious. Thanks

It's good to hear opinions here. We went with a deck 2 and were wishing we had upgraded to veranda for the views on our Alaska cruise. I think the issue for us was we were stuck in the room after early dinner most nights because our youngest was just exhausted. We had a nice view with the porthole, though. Maybe it was better not to have the chill.

We are exclusive Cat 9b cruisers now. Works well for us. Best value on the ship: split bath, beds and a window to the ocean. For fresh air and a veranda, we prefer the largest one on the ship - deck 4 promenade. Easy access to most of the rest of the ship. The only "hard" place to get to is the pool deck ... but as you climb the stairs you can chant --- Eat More Desserts, Eat More Desserts ...

Just don't tell anyone how great cat 9 rooms are - don't want DCL to raise the prices on these rooms.

LOVE deck 2! Always my preference when I have a choice =)
I chose a 9b on the Wonder on deck 2 for our Alaska cruise next year and honestly I love the portholes WAY more then a verrandah. I love sitting in the window and wave watching but not having to worry about heat/cold/rain /outside noise , etc... Also, in my opinion the room looks bigger then the verrandah rooms because of layout. YOu will love it =)
How did your 9 B work out?
Looking to book Alaska next summer.

We've done a 9C (room 2004) and have it booked again for our upcoming Alaska trip. Love it because of the window seat under the porthole. Perfect to sit and watch the scenery.

Its perfect for us, but we are only two adults so I can't really comment on the space with more... :scratchin

LOVE Deck 2 9B and 9C. Sailed there twice and would not hesitate to book it again. Both times were port side. Loved how close it was to everything!

We've done a 9C (room 2004) and have it booked again for our upcoming Alaska trip. Love it because of the window seat under the porthole. Perfect to sit and watch the scenery.

That is what I've booked for my 8/19/19 Alaska cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter