Wonder how they'll spin this one.

jevs

Boring Poster
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...ta-policeman-had-two-years-experience/8717936

Will the 'boys' club adhere to 'fight club' rules? Why no body cameras turned on? Why so many shots fired? Why shoot across your partner? Why was this officer on the beat with complaints lodged against him?

I was already disgusted at the behaviour of (supposedly) trained professionals taking innocent lives of their own country wo/men but this takes the cake.

Moral: Don't call 911.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...ta-policeman-had-two-years-experience/8717936

Will the 'boys' club adhere to 'fight club' rules? Why no body cameras turned on? Why so many shots fired? Why shoot across your partner? Why was this officer on the beat with complaints lodged against him?

I was already disgusted at the behaviour of (supposedly) trained professionals taking innocent lives of their own country wo/men but this takes the cake.

This made me see RED, so angry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah...OK, don't call 911. Yeah, OK. Love how people armchair bash the police. Spend just one day in their shoes. Just one. Not saying they have free license to do what they want when they want, but it makes me sick when people make broad generalizations about the very people who's job it is to protect you. Just like with any walk of life, there will be bad ones...problem is the "bad" gets magnified.

If you're in a car accident, get robbed, assaulted, etc...I presume you'll just handle it yourself since you think you shouldn't call 911.

So let me get this correct : She calls 911 to come see what the ruckus is aboit.
Cops get there: she walks up to passenger window of patrol car, cop driving patrol car shoots past his partner and kills woman?

That wasn't a shoot situation unless she had a weapon. Body cams weren't on?

That is a very broad generalization.

The good law enforcement does far outweighs the bad. The bad is just what so happens to be trendy to publicize and focus on right now.

ETA- A black, female officer was just gunned down in her patrol car. Where's the outrage over that? Oh right... Hazard of the job right?

This story is horrific. I have to believe there is more to this than what we're hearing so far. It makes no sense that the woman who called 911 was killed. I don't know what it is, but I'll bet we find out. The cameras being turned off is puzzling. It's all too weird and very sad.

Yeah...OK, don't call 911. Yeah, OK. Love how people armchair bash the police. Spend just one day in their shoes. Just one. Not saying they have free license to do what they want when they want, but it makes me sick when people make broad generalizations about the very people who's job it is to protect you. Just like with any walk of life, there will be bad ones...problem is the "bad" gets magnified.

If you're in a car accident, get robbed, assaulted, etc...I presume you'll just handle it yourself since you think you shouldn't call 911.

That is a very broad generalization.

The good law enforcement does far outweighs the bad. The bad is just what so happens to be trendy to publicize and focus on right now.

ETA- A black, female officer was just gunned down in her patrol car. Where's the outrage over that? Oh right... Hazard of the job right?

For someone who feels sick about broad generalizations, you're making a fair few yourself.

So let me get this correct : She calls 911 to come see what the ruckus is aboit.
Cops get there: she walks up to passenger window of patrol car, cop driving patrol car shoots past his partner and kills woman?

That wasn't a shoot situation unless she had a weapon. Body cams weren't on?
I wonder if they are generally on before they get out of the vehicle.
I think there will be more to this story.

If it is as presented so far, that is nuts.
For many, if not most, of the sensational shootings, there was more to the story.

For me it is best to wait until it all comes out. Could be that the cops were terribly wrong, could be something else.

Moral: Don't call 911.[/Q

Really? Then who are you suppose to call when you have a situation? The boogeyman?

This story disgusts me. The only thing that I've read so far is the police officer is a Somali-American and started on the force in 2015. There is way more to this story that will come out. The cop needs to be charged with murder.

Police get murder all the time. Too bad they don't make the news as much.

Here's a cop that was murdered not too long ago in NYC. She was a single mother raising 3 kids. She was sitting in a police van and a guy came up and shot her in the head.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/05/nypd-officer-shot-on-duty-in-critical-condition/

This is one of the most offensive posts I've ever seen on DIS, as the daughter of a man who served as a police officer and risked his life for the public with distinction for 28 years. Shameful, irresponsible generalizations.

it makes me sick when people make broad generalizations about the very people who's job it is to protect you. Just like with any walk of life, there will be bad ones...problem is the "bad" gets magnified.
Exactly.

Last edited:
I know I've heard people saying about these instances that those cops should be able to handle the pressure, keep their cool, etc BUT I don't think any of them expected in their wildest dreams to be working in as volatile a situation as we are currently in. I understand sometimes they are in the right and some in the wrong, but I'm not about to criticize someone's actions of a job I know I could never even begin to handle. It's the same with anyone in the military.

American police are the worlds biggest gang.

Cover up for your buddies and lie to people and scream about being oppressed and having a "war" on them. I won't even talk to a cop when I get pulled over without a lawyer present due to the crap they pull.

What happened to the DIS cops are always right crowd? Surely they are all tripping over themselves to defend this officer.

We all know that cop HAD to have been afraid of that woman. Really, if a cop was afraid of preteen boy with a toy gun, or a bikini wearing, unarmed 14 year old year old girl, then it isn't a reach to think this cop was afraid of a full grown 40 year old woman.

I wonder how solid that blue wall of silence will be in this case

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter