• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonderful airport experience!

Sleepy

<font color=royalblue>I'll have to remember that o
This is a copy from my thread on the Transportation Board, but I feel it should have a home here too since it deals with mobility issues.

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the employees of Naples airport, Munich airport, Philly airport, and the Norfolk airport.

My parents are elderly and my father has pretty serious mobility issues. Due to lack of seating on the military flight a few days ago, we decided to purchase tickets home for them. Through Cheaptickets.com, they asked the question if there would be a need for assistance. I marked "Wheelchair, but can climb stairs", not thinking anything would actually come of it, or that they would be given a wheelchair and told to manage it alone.

When we got to Naples airport, they asked at Lufthansa check-in counter if there would be a need for a wheelchair. It is a very small airport and we said no, we think he will be fine. He walked slowly and made it just fine.

I worried about Munich because it is a large airport. They had a cart waiting for my parents as they got off the plane. They were wisked off immediately and taken to their connecting flight . The staff was wonderful and assisted my parents in every way possible. Thank you wonderful people!

In Philly, the exact same thing. They immediately wisked my parents through customs, luggage, and everything else. My parents were dropped off at their connecting gate. Absolutely flawless!

In Norfolk, there was a small delay with a wheelchair, but one came and again, wonderful service!

I know often we run into snags that seem like the end of the world and we run into some of the worst customer service possible. My husband and I have had our fair share in the last year. However, they treated my parents like gold and I thought it needed to be said.

BTW, they flew Lufthansa and USAirways. Their first commercial experience in over 35 years. They absolutely loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter