Wonderful World of Animation at HS and SDD at dark?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting the 1st week of May and I saw that the new projection show will be showing at HS! Will the projections be shown right before the Star Wars fireworks show? Park close is at 9 pm the night we visit with Fantasmic at 9 and fireworks at 9:30. We planned on skipping Fantasmic so we could ride SDD at dark before park close. Is there any way for us to do SDD at dark and view World of Animation?

We will be visiting the 1st week of May and I saw that the new projection show will be showing at HS! Will the projections be shown right before the Star Wars fireworks show? Park close is at 9 pm the night we visit with Fantasmic at 9 and fireworks at 9:30. We planned on skipping Fantasmic so we could ride SDD at dark before park close. Is there any way for us to do SDD at dark and view World of Animation?

When I search in the app, it shows the showtime the first week of May as 9:05pm.

At one point this page had a date/calendar thing to toggle and see showtimes, but for some reason it’s not there at the moment: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...llywood-studios/wonderful-world-of-animation/

Hope that helps.

sunset is at 8pm for May 1st so I would get in line by 8pm (if you don't have a fp) May 1st is DHS 30th anniversary so it will be busier than usual, just as a heads up

sunset is at 8pm for May 1st so I would get in line by 8pm (if you don't have a fp) May 1st is DHS 30th anniversary so it will be busier than usual, just as a heads up
Thanks! We haven't been to HS in years. Do you have any recommendations on where to view the projections from? I know we watched the Frozen fireworks one trip from the tables over by Dockside Diner and it was a great fireworks spot but we have never seen a projection show.

Thanks! We haven't been to HS in years. Do you have any recommendations on where to view the projections from? I know we watched the Frozen fireworks one trip from the tables over by Dockside Diner and it was a great fireworks spot but we have never seen a projection show.
Anywhere in the courtyard where you can see the Chinese theater and the 2 huge screens on each side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter