Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

Disney has confirmed the first aspect of this project today. Much more is to come.

The ongoing evolution of Epcot includes plans for a play pavilion that’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever seen at the park. This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life. The pavilion’s city will be bursting with interactive experiences, your favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities and engaging entertainment when it opens just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort!

“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create, and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”

here will also be exciting changes to the way you come and go at Epcot! As you can see above, changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.

As part of the new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.

And if you’re as excited as we are about these upcoming projects, you’ll soon be able to look into the future with us at a new Experience Center coming to Epcot later this year. The Experience Center will be located in the Odyssey Events Pavilion and feature interactive exhibits to help visualize park projects throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.

First-of-its-Kind Play Pavilion, New Park Entrance Part of Epcot’s Historic Transformation

256_Overall_February2019_FINAL-for-release-1024x539.jpg eeb1029380498234234fi.jpg

Some added detail per Martin a trusted insider at WDWMagic.com:

On WoL building:
Now it’s “out”....

The interior will be one huge IP driven playground. I’m aware of three core IPs. If all goes to plan one forum member in particular will be happy. Don’t think attractions as such. More like environments. Expect F&B to be added too. And digital interaction. Work should begin before the fall.
He also clarified with this announcement it means WoL and Odyssey are staying, they were on the block to be demoed, but now with the "playland" and Event center they will remain.

One other tidbit:
Wonders is likely to become a multiple IP pavilion for the younger crowd. Don’t expect any “real” attractions. Expect this to open during the SSE project and way before Imag. Might even see some walls this year.

A new film is also approved for The Harvest Theatre.

Oops wrong thread.
New film for Harvest Theatre is new news as well....

On Spine:
As @rteetz stated - Innovations West is a goner(reported before), some of Innovations East will remain, Changes to entrance to SSE specifically project Tomorrow will be demoed, and of course the mystery building behind SSE, but NOT in WS

Some added detail per Martin a trusted insider at WDWMagic.com:

On WoL building:

He also clarified with this announcement it means WoL and Odyssey are staying, they were on the block to be demoed, but now with the "playland" and Event center they will remain.

One other tidbit:
New film for Harvest Theatre is new news as well....

On Spine:
As @rteetz stated - Innovations West is a goner(reported before), some of Innovations East will remain, Changes to entrance to SSE specifically project Tomorrow will be demoed, and of course the mystery building behind SSE, but NOT in WS

sorry if a dumb question, but what is "F&B"?

This looks awesome. My kids love the temporary playground that gets put up for Flower and Garden. This sounds a million times better than that. And Epcot really was in need of a fun spot for kids to go burn off energy. As long as there are comfortable spots for parents to sit and relax while their kids explore, I am all for this!

I am glad they are moving the Leave the legacy. And I love all the greenery in the front. Wish they could put the old fountain back but I love the overall concept.

As for Journey Just KEEP FIGMENT. Put something that has the feel of the original

So I was looking at the original concept art that they shared at D23 and so far these changes and rumors seem to fit - no Project Tomorrow, Innovention West removed, still appears to be a bit of a structure on the other side though smaller than current Innoventions East

Image doesn't go far enough South to show that mystery tan building though

(and I know this is early concept art so don't take it too literal - but I think interesting the recent rumors, etc. do fit in)

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

So I was looking at the original concept art that they shared at D23 and so far these changes and rumors seem to fit - no Project Tomorrow, Innovention West removed, still appears to be a bit of a structure on the other side though smaller than current Innoventions East

Image doesn't go far enough South to show that mystery tan building though

(and I know this is early concept art so don't take it too literal - but I think interesting the recent rumors, etc. do fit in)

epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg
Both sides of Innoventions are gone in this concept whereas what we seem to be getting is just the removal of one.

If Fountainview goes bye-bye I wonder if Sbux will get a brand new home or just move to an existing building...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!